Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Leinart leaves game with shoulder sprain

texan279

Hall of Fame
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5924412

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A shoulder injury to Arizona's Matt Leinart dampened a showdown between two of the NFL's quarterbacks of the future in Denver's 29-23 preseason victory over the Cardinals on Thursday night.

The left-handed Arizona rookie went out with a sprained right shoulder when he was sacked late in the third quarter.
An MRI is planned for Friday, but Leinart said the injury was no big deal. He said the shoulder popped out of its socket when he was hit, then back into place as he jogged off the field.

"It was kind of a fluke thing. It just got out of socket a little bit and I was running off it was kind of hanging there, but I popped it back in and it was fine," he said. "I could have gone back in and played if I had to."

Before that, the game was a showcase for Leinart, the No. 10 pick in this year's draft, and Denver's Jay Cutler, the No. 11 pick.

'They both can play," Green said. "Cutler's a good solid player and obviously Matt played very well also. I don't have any reason to think Vince Young won't turn out to be a good pro also. I think all three of those guys are worthy of being in the top 11 picks in the draft."

Leinart, who came on in relief of starter Kurt Warner early in the second quarter, completed 10 of 15 passes for 125 yards and a touchdown. Cutler, who started and played the first half, was 12-of-18 for 190 yards, including touchdown passes of 84 and 24 yards. But his first NFL interception was returned 24 yards by Robert Tate for a score.
I saw the highlights of the game and both seemed impressive to me, Cutler a little more impressive IMO. But I only saw the highlights and we know why they call them highlights...