LeGarrette Blount - RB Oregon

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by 4Texans, Mar 11, 2010.

1. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

2. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

Updated:

UPDATE: Blount will be working out on March 18. His agent, Ken Sarnoff, confirmed to NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora that the plan was for him to work out next Thursday all along, although not all scouts were clear on that fact.

– Gil Brandt

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Good he'll fall to us now.

4. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

You really want him ?

5. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

whether or not he falls to us is irrelevant. Kubes Smith and McNair don't take risks on questionable character and this guy punched a guy on the field and was suspended for the rest of the year. He's got as good a shot at being picked by the Texans as I do.

JB likes this.
  6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Are you a downhill, one cut & go runner? :bender:

7. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

If it was just about him punching a guy on the field, that would be one thing. But it's the rest of his history that takes him off the Texans' radar. This guy's got Fail written all over him.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don't know about all of that. Really, there's a lot we don't know about the majority of these draft prospects. For we fans to suggest this guy is good to go, and this guy is untouchable is a huge reach.

As far as Blount's football skills are concerned, he likely is too big a risk for the Texans. I was all for the Texans spending a 3rd day (still can't believe it takes 3 days) pick on Blount. I felt he could bring an element of physicality missing from the Texans offense. But, that was with the belief the Texans would come up with a vet free agent RB, like Taylor, Tomlinson, or Jones. Smithiak poo-pooed that, and made RB an absolute necessity in this draft. A raw prospect (with flags) like Blount is no longer a fit with this team.