Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Leagues dirtiest players

Wolf

100% Texan
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3439800

Eleven coaches identified Rodney Harrison (14 personal fouls since 2001) as the NFL's dirtiest player.

A review of data since 2001 shows Arizona Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson with a league-high 17 personal fouls. Harrison and New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith are tied for second with 14, followed by Patriots defensive lineman Richard Seymour (13), Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor (12), late Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor (12) and Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Shaun Rogers (11).
Former Patriots receiver Deion Branch drew a line between Harrison's hard-nosed play and the approach Houston Texans defensive lineman Travis Johnson took after knocking out then-Miami Dolphins quarterback Trent Green with a legal hit last season. Johnson stood over the fallen Green and taunted him.

"[Harrison] is not that type of dude, I promise you," Branch said. "He's not going to go into a game and try to hurt someone. I can speak like this because I played with him. And I know for the people who didn't play with him, you could understand why they would say it, but he is not that type of guy. That is not his game."

Personal-foul penalties aren't the only way to measure a player's dirtiness. Just as a skilled criminal avoids detection, a player with sinister intentions might develop ways to inflict damage when officials aren't looking.

Harrison, 3 5, has been dishing out punishment in the NFL since 1994. The league has fined and suspended him repeatedly, including in 2002 when he leveled all-time receiving leader Jerry Rice with a helmet-to-helmet shot.

Most head coac hes polled by ESPN.com identified Harrison quickly and without equivocation.

smartest players on defense(demeco not mentioned to save some from looking)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=walker_james&id=3463857

Gary Kubiak, going into his third season as the head coach in Houston, said he has been lucky to work with good ownership. He was the offensive coordinator in Denver under Bowlen for a decade and now works for Texans owner Bob McNair, who received a vote for best owner. Kubiak said he feels fortunate to have worked under such quality ownership. He said his job would be much more difficult if he didn't work for quality people.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3424282

I like how they take the Travis Johnson part out of context (again) and make it seem like he was head hunting Green because he had said something to him in the parking lot.
Then immeadiatly follow it up with Branch saying Harrison "isn't that type of player ... to go into a game and try to hurt someone"

I love journalists.

I think Osi Umenyiora should be on the list as one of the leagues dirtiest players.....ya know...

I like how they take the Travis Johnson part out of context (again) and make it seem like he was head hunting Green because he had said something to him in the parking lot.
Then immeadiatly follow it up with Branch saying Harrison "isn't that type of player ... to go into a game and try to hurt someone"

I love journalists.

Guess Branch would have complimented Green for going at his knees.

As usual the media has it bassakwards.

I, for one, am glad that TJ is that "type of player". We need more like him!

Go 'get em' TJ....:bat:

:coffee:

Former Patriots receiver Deion Branch drew a line between Harrison's hard-nosed play and the approach Houston Texans defensive lineman Travis Johnson took after knocking out then-Miami Dolphins quarterback Trent Green with a legal hit last season. Johnson stood over the fallen Green and taunted him.

Deion... We get that you are sticking up for your teammate, but; A) Harrison IS the dirtiest player in the league and B) Comparing TJ's situation is about as comparable as apples and oranges. Use a better argument like, "Harrison is not as dirty as Conrad Dobler was..."

Asshat!!!

Roy Williams and his horsecollaring ass is a dirty player. He intentionaly tries to injure players.

Roy Williams and his horsecollaring ass is a dirty player. He intentionaly tries to injure players.

Yes, definitely Roy boy......and for someone that is pretty new to the league, keep your eye on Laron Landry.....very dirty player. He should have been fined a few times last year.

I hate how that is worded. It should have been "Travis Johnson accidentally knocked out Trent Green last year when trying to tackle someone on a botched play. Trent tried to cut block Johnson blindly, and unfortunatley took a knee by a unaware Johnson trying to make a tackle. Now what happened after the play, was unacceptable".

I might have worded it this way:

Trent Green, the 36 year old, 14 year veteran knocked himself out while attempting a low block, aimed at Travis Johnson's knee. The hit could have caused irreparable damage to Johnson's knee, and in addition, caused Johnson to land awkwardly on the top of his head, barely escaping permanent neck injury. Not recognizing that Green had knocked himself out cold, Johnson was overheard saying "Mr. Green, that was very impolite and unnescessary" as Johnson continued towards the sideline without stopping...

This is why you can't trust reporting on anything you didn't see yourself:

1. Travis Johnson did not knock out Green with a legal hit. The nouns, actives and passives got all messed up. Here's my description from last year:

Johnson hurt his knee after being blocked legally but low by Miami quarterback Trent Green in a play where Green concussed himself.

2. If you watch the play in real time, Johnson does not stand over Green. He yells at him on his way to walking to the bench. You know, because uh, it's football, you get mad when someone puts a helmet on your knee and makes you do a somersault in the air and land on your head.

3. Irony irony. If we are talking about dirty play like we normally mean it, it is Green who did the legal but arguably dirty block on purpose. He said he hit Johnson low intentionally because that was the only way he figured he could block a guy Johnson's size. By hitting him on the knee with his freaking helmet.

I predicted that this was going to happen because most of the national media reports at the time were written in misleading, more sensationalist ways.

When this play happened, I recall reading on the Notre Dame site I goto how misinformed they were about the whole inccident. because of the writers in the eras they live they did not see the actual game or the full speed play just the replay and TJ comments just after the game. I corrected the assumptions and misleading thoughts of the game with the help of your original article.

Unfortunately, the national media are like a bunch of parrots once one says it ... it is truth no matter how much it is fiction. If you ask most fans of other teams what is the two main issues the texans have, I can bet it the O-line will be the answer a lot of the times (as well as runningback). Our line is no where near as bad as the media made it outbut that has never benn corrected by the so called journalist out there.

yep standing over a guy and mocking him as you end his career is a class act all around :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Is your Gay Pride Parade (with special MC - Vincenet) over or something???

Once again showing your ignorance... Did you see the video?? At what point does he stop and stand??

stand (stnd)
v. stood (std), stand·ing, stands
v.intr.
a. To rise to an upright position on the feet.
b. To assume or maintain an upright position as specified: stand straight; stand to one side.
a. To maintain an upright position on the feet.
b. To maintain an upright or vertical position on a base or support: The urn stands on a pedestal.
c. To be placed or situated: The building stands at the corner.
a. To remain stable, upright, or intact: The old school still stands.
b. To remain valid, effective, or unaltered: The agreement stands.

Ummmmm, I don't see where it says to continue to walk towards ones sideline...

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/10/what_a_stupid_play_by_johnson.html

While Green was on the ground, Johnson stood over him taunting him, drawing a 15-yard penalty, which gave the Dolphins a first down at the 25.

seems like news reports had a different take on the situation but don't let your couch get in the way of you indepth analysis.

:rolleyes:

Is your Gay Pride Parade (with special MC - Vincenet) over or something???

Once again showing your ignorance... Did you see the video?? At what point does he stop and stand??

Ummmmm, I don't see where it says to continue to walk towards ones sideline...

Kinda like that time the bottom of Big Al's shoe was assaulted by that one guys face.......

For which he was fined and served a multiple game suspension. What happened to Johnson after that play again. One player ended a career the other did not seems; one play got suspended the other did not. NFL justice is great!

And seriously are the gay jokes all you got? Pretty sad that is what you end up going too every single time. Board memebers should actually be ashamed of the blatent discrimination to people who are different.

TB - "I got nothing so I will try and insult the poster."

And you beleive everything you read??? Especially with that rag in San Francisco that y'all have up there??? :gun:

Very slow, and very carefully..............

WATCH THE VIDEO for yourself!!!!

I have and I even posted it after it happened on this board. He stopped for a second or two pointed down at Green and insulted an unconscious man before walking off.

Oh Johnsons appology afterwards was classic ... here is the quote:

For which he was fined and served a multiple game suspension. What happened to Johnson after that play again. One player ended a career the other did not seems; one play got suspended the other did not. NFL justice is great!

Actually, yeah. It should show you that objective people looked at the two events and saw that they were deserved entirely different actions.

Besides, you keep saying that Trent Green's career was ended by that. His career isn't over yet*. He's signed with the Rams.

(Although, his career really ended 2 years ago with that hit in the Bengal's game.)

And seriously are the gay jokes all you got? Pretty sad that is what you end up going too every single time. Board memebers should actually be ashamed of the blatent discrimination to people who are different.

TB - "I got nothing so I will try and insult the poster."

Well, If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck.......what does that make it?

Honestly, you insult your own intelligence (what there is of it) every time you post.

I have and I even posted it after it happened on this board. He stopped for a second or two pointed down at Green and insulted an unconscious man before walking off.

So a guy almost ends a guy's career and then you call the guy whose career was almost ended classless because he's pissed off about it?

And you think that you're more classless if someone goes after your knees and you're pissed off about it than if you pull someone's helmet off and then step on his face with cleats.

Dude. Double standards.

Well, If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck.......what does that make it?

Honestly, you insult your own intelligence (what there is of it) every time you post.

Explain how that is an insult? When a poster adds nothing and accuses someone of being gay in a derogatory manner it is an insult. Or does that word have a different definition in your part of the country?

He never stopped moving towards the sideline. AND you know what? I would have said alot more to a POS that tried busting my knee and breaking my neck with a cheap shot. Hell I would dog-piled ass, taken the fine and suspension...

And what dumbass Green is anyway. He already had a history of concussions, why would you lead with your head??? He got what he deserved. He got knocked the F out - by himself.

Karma - 1
POS Green - 0

So a guy almost ends a guy's career and then you call the guy whose career was almost ended classless because he's pissed off about it?

And you think that you're more classless if someone goes after your knees and you're pissed off about it than if you pull someone's helmet off and then step on his face with cleats.

Dude. Double standards.

First off Green was in a ball on the ground he was not intending to injure anyone. Surprisingly a QB does not take blocking practice on a regular basis. Johnson could have redeemed himself with an apology but instead decided to try and justify his action in a tirade after the game ... after he knew what had happened to Green. Yes that is the definition of low class.

Explain how that is an insult? When a poster adds nothing and accuses someone of being gay in a derogatory manner it is an insult. Or does that word have a different definition in your part of the country?

Because you are so intelligently weak, you pick out the gay joke (Subconscious at work???) rather than the part about being totally wrong in your statement of 'standing over him'....

First off Green was in a ball on the ground he was not intending to injure anyone. Surprisingly a QB does not take blocking practice on a regular basis. Johnson could have redeemed himself with an apology but instead decided to try and justify his action in a tirade after the game ... after he knew what had happened to Green. Yes that is the definition of low class.

He was in a ball like a puh c, because HE CHOSE TO put his head in TJ's knee, anything thereafter is on Green.

Because a QB does not practice blocking is precisely why you dont do what Green did.

"That is the definition of low class" - see the Tennesse Titans

Because you are so intelligently weak, you pick out the gay joke (Subconscious at work???) rather than the part about being totally wrong in your statement of 'standing over him'....

I acknowledged the standing over him comment BEFORE I made a remark on the gay comment. Again you try to insult me with out actually even looking at what has been said.

Post #24
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=949088&postcount=24

got nothing in other words ....

Which shows the difference between the two incidents. One was an intentional assault on another player (Al). The other was not (TJ).

I was watching the game in which TJ and Green had there little incident. I was actually surprised that TJ got up from that, considering the rag doll sommersault and the fact he landed on his noggin. I do not think Green intended for that happen, it was an unfortunate series of events. I am not saying what TJ said after the game was very smart, it definitely did not put him in a positive light.

Explain how what is an insult? Dude wtf are you talking about?

If you're gay, fine, I don't care. You should blend right in where you live.:chickendance:

What happened to Johnson after that play again. One player ended a career the other did not seems; one play got suspended the other did not. NFL justice is great!

He was fined, but when the league took a closer look at the play, they felt it unnescary to suspend - because TJ didn't cause the dumbass to knock himself out".. that was just icing on the cake for a cheap ass chop block...

Green ended his own career.... what a dumbass. Although still considerably smarter than "ya know, uh, ummm rose - sausage boy".

If you have watched the video and then still come here with this dribble it means either you have a zero on the football IQ meter or a 6 on the wonderlic, because either way that is not what happened. I also have to question the watch you used to come up with the whole second or two comment because he venver stopped. But of course it is typical of you to make these baseless claims as to :stirpot:, so my suggestion is you go back to your :hobie: or go buy
517fnhwyEmL__BO2204203200_PIsitb-dp.jpg
because you just proved you lack any football savy.

He was in a ball like a puh c, because HE CHOSE TO put his head in TJ's knee, anything thereafter is on Green.

Because a QB does not practice blocking is precisely why you dont do what Green did.

"That is the definition of low class" - see the Tennesse Titans

He was out of position trying to help his team. Who would lead with a helmet to block especially a guy with concussion issues? And how many players stay in the league shying away from blocks? In the heat of the moment do you run to the sidelines trying to protect yourself? Not if you want to play in the NFL long.

He was out of position trying to help his team. Who would lead with a helmet to block especially a guy with concussion issues? And how many players stay in the league shying away from blocks? In the heat of the moment do you run to the sidelines trying to protect yourself? Not if you want to play in the NFL long.

Ummmm from day one in football, you are taught to keep your head up and put your hat in someone's chest. Who said helmet to helmet?? That would have been a cheap shot on Green's part as well.

The exceptions being- unless the chop block is a part of a particular play (ie. inside hand-off) or an offensive line scheme that you run.

This is probably the dumbest post I've read in quite sometime.

Eh, keep thumpin that remaing brain cell to come up with these beauties. I'll steer away from them for now on. :gun:

Explain how what is an insult? Dude wtf are you talking about?

If you're gay, fine, I don't care. You should blend right in where you live.:chickendance:

Ok then since I 'insult my intelligence' with evey post please enlighten me what I have said that implies I am homosexual? You've got nothing so why bother posting?

Ummmm from day one in football, you are taught to keep your head up and put your hat in someone's chest. Who said helmet to helmet?? That would have been a cheap shot on Green's part as well.

The exceptions being- unless the chop block is a part of a particular play (ie. inside hand-off) or an offensive line scheme that you run.

Yes to tackle not to block especially when you are on the ground. Green miss read the block got out of position to a point he was on the ground and got hit by a freight train. You must have absolutly no common sense if you watched that vid and thought Green intentionally was trying to chop block.

Back