Lawsuit Reinstated Against UW/Roc Alexander

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HOU-TEX, Feb 22, 2008.

1. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

It really doesn't sound like much of a case to me, but it doesn't bode well for Roc's future with the Texans. As if he had one to begin with..

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/...uit-against-Wash.?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=24

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_021209WAB_lawsuit_uw_KS.b6304943.html

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

She does not mention she was raped until she sues. She agreed to mediation of a personsal dispute with Alexander and she is an employee of the University she is suing? Something does not sound right here.

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

LOL! I agree, hence the reason I don't believe it'll be much of a case.:cool:

4. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Sounds like she's trying to make a quick dollar. Actually kind of lame, really.

5. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The plaintiff's attorney claims that it was "inappropriate for the university to use mediation." The way it usually works, the mediation process is voluntary and can only take place if both parties agree. Once an outcome is decided on and agreed (signed) upon by both parties, the settlement is binding to both parties and puts an end to the "dispute." Mediation settlements are as legally enforceable as any other contract the parties may freely enter in to. In this respect, the mediation is binding.........This is a strange resurrection.

7. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

8. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

My first thought was "Who's Roc Anderson".

Marginal players have got to watch thier Ps & Qs. One slip up and they're history.

9. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Kubiak was extremely high on Roc (Alexander) until he blew out a knee in the first game of '06. Kickoff return coverage if I recall correctly.... he's been on IR for two years with knee issues so it's not like he has much of a chance anyway.

10. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Rape is a very serious allegation. For it to be considered in civil court, would it not have to be reported to law enforcement? And if it was...what was the outcome of that investigation?

P.S. Ok, I saw it in the Stevens article. If Alexander settled in civil court, that is an admission to me. Kubes and Big Bob need to release him....today.

And UCLA hired Neuheisel? Tsk Tsk Tsk

11. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I read this entire thing and about made me so sick to my stomach that the DA in Washington would allow this type of cultre. Excuse me, would be apart of perpituating it.