Latest ESPN Insider Mock Draft by Mel Kiper Jr.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Texans34Life, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

2. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

can you give the dolphins' 3 picks? thanks.

3. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

:drool:

That would be the best draft ever. Winston at 33 and even better Simpson at 65 :shocked

4. Texans34Life

Here you go.

5. PokerStar

PokerStar Veteran

Man that is a pretty decent draft, but would like to switch up some picks. The first two are solid and if it fell that way then freakin sweet. In the third going after Ko Simpson would not be overly good. I know it is taken with a grain of salt but a certain friend of mine who happens to maybe be around the scouting guys in the organization says Ko Simpson has a 4th round grade from us. Now I dont know if that is completely true, but he says that is the way it goes, but since he had to work till about 9:30 the night he told me he might be off. Hopefully a guy like Bullocks falls there or we wait and take a guy like Antoine Bethea later on. Bethea is a small school guy similar to Donte Whitner. Fast likes to hit and can play some corner. Rather grab a higher rated guard or Wideout and then take Terna Nande or Leon Williams in the fourth. Both of those guys are athletic strong and can play inside or outside LB. Nande is a bit small, but he makes up for it with tenacity watch his games and he will remind you of a black Zach Thomas. Leon Williams is athletic and plays alot like Andra Davis LB for Cleveland. Change up just those picks and I am a happy camper.

6. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I like this draft alot overall. I am not as high on Ko Simpson as some people, but he would instantly be the best safety we have imo. I don't care much for the 4th rounder. I think that's about a round too high for this guy, and besides, we don't need a DE badly at all at this point. I would rather see a CB there, maybe a Tim Jennings, or Marcus Maxey. Both of those guys would be excellent nickel corners, who could eventually start if they developed, although Jennings is a midget so he may never be more than a super fast nickel. In any case, if it went down exactly like this, you won't see me complaining. :redtowel:

7. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

http://www.maddennation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53591With the

i like it...but would prefer either matua or zemaitis with our 4th

8. dwilt72

dwilt72 Veteran

I'm not sure I'm crazy about Wyche. I tried to find some info on him and this is the only thing I could find....not exactly a glowing endorsement. This is from www.nfldraftcountdown.com. (I don't have ESPN Insider, maybe someone else can post what they say about him).

Strengths:
    Has good size with long arms and the frame to add weight...Pretty good natural athlete who changes direction well and has a burst...Does a nice job rushing off the edge...Uses his hands well...Has good range & moves well in the open field.

Weaknesses:
    Does not have great speed or quickness...Inconsistent and his motor and intensity are spotty...Needs to get stronger in both his upper and lower body...Is a liability versus the run...Production dropped as a senior in '05...Underachiever.

Notes:
    Was never able to have the big season everyone was waiting for...Has some tools to work with and has not yet reached his full potential...Developmental prospect who could flourish if he can bulk up and learn to play hard every down.

9. Texans34Life

Hey Maddict5,

I would of posted the whole thing, but the mods have told me about copyright issues if I posted the whole things. That's why I only posted the Texans picks.

Just a heads up before the mods drop a PM.... :)

10. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Here is what I would prefer to see:
    1. Bush RB
    2. Winston OL
    3a. Ko Simpson DB
    3b. David Pittman CB
    4. Elvis Dumervil DE

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i think because i posted a link to another forum(where i got it from) and not directly to espn insider its ok...i mean i just basically copied somebody else's post

12. AJExplosion80

AJExplosion80 Rookie

I like the ESPN mock especially getting Bush and Eric Winston from Miami in round 2. Earlier in the year he was considered a 1st round selection. I know he has slipped but it would still be nice to bring him in and let him play either RT or LT. What do you guys think

13. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he's a RT. he doesn't have the wingspan to be a LT. great athletically, but has been very inconsistent at miami. injury concerns, too (which i'm sure has a lot to do with his inconsistency). i for one think he should've stayed at tight end.

14. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I would be fine with WInston or McNeil.

15. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

1. Reggie Bush, RB USC
    33. Eric Winston, T Miami
    65. Ko Simpson, DB South Carolina
    66. Gerris Wilkinson, LB Georgia Tech
    98. James Wyche, DE Syracuse

Holy Crapola!!! This is the absolute sweetest draft we could dream up. We get Eric Winston who is going to be fully recovered from his injury and should slide into RT. Ko Simpson at 65 is the steal of the draft and Wilkerson would probally be the best LB on our team.

16. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

That's what I thought about Winston. What I saw in the senior bowl pratices was a guy still protecting a knee. Every say he's a 100% . But it fits our tendincy to roll snake eyes in the second. Lots of great players @ 33 under this scenario. Rather have one of the dancing bear gaurds myself. Pick'em.

17. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

thanks. can't say i like any of those picks...they don't fit saban/capers/mularkey's system.

18. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Without cherry picking, I would have chosen

1 Bush
    33 D'Qwell Jackson
    65 Colledge
    66 Ko Simpson
    103 Zemaitis

19. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I like that one too because I think we can get a quality OLineman in the later rounds too and there is more depth and talent at OL than LB.

20. cap1

cap1 All Pro

At 33 I would rather pick up D'Marco Ryans from Alabama or even Abdul Hodge, LB Iowa.