last yr vs colts- a note

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by shawn76ers, Sep 18, 2007.

1. shawn76ers

shawn76ers Texan Genius

i was watching parts of that game last yr, when we beat the colts - and it clearly shows Peyton picking on Faggins over & over again...M. Harrison had 2 TD's against him.

I hope our game plan changes this time around, we can not leave Petey matched up against Harrison. He can probably match up with Wayne or moorehead.

Is there any talk of us moving fletcher into the starting position?

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I don't necessarily disagree, but I do think Faggins is better this year. He needed to get 100% healthy.

3. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Okay take Faggins off Harrison...then Wayne is on his side... pick your poison against this WR core.

The obly way to beat them is to have two solid corners (Like Denver), Have great safety play that will help the corners, or have a Dline to pressure the QB.

Lucky we have a Dline, we know we have a solid corner in Dunta, and we are going to need our safeties to step up big time on Sunday. Even if our Dline sleeps back there, Peyton releases the ball quick.

Boulware, Demps, Hutchins, Brown...you guys better get your rest.

4. shawn76ers

shawn76ers Texan Genius

i would love to see Fred Bennet go up against Wayne or Harrison...I'm just not to sure the coaches are confident enough in him, just yet

:texflag:

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

This game is why we've drafted the way we've drafted the last few years. If you give Manning time in the pocket, he'll eat you alive regardless of who you have in the secondary. The pressure we generate up front and our ability to impose our will on offense will determine the outcome of this game. Having a secondary that swarms and make some big hits will help a lot, also. Like last year, BALL CONTROL is what's needed.

6. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I'm not so sure I want a 4th round rookie to play his first game against the best WR tandem in the NFL (and the best QB).

7. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

The Colts are planning on playing a rookie 4th rounder this weekend?? SWEET!!! It's kind of premature to call AJ the best tandem in the NFL. I know he plays like 2 players but he IS injured this week... :shades:

bah007 likes this.