Last Drive Before the Half

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

We had PLENTY of time to try to score. We just decided to say skroo it and go into the half at 3-3. This is as pathetic as it gets and this is a brutal brand of football. The Dolphins get the ball with .23 seconds and feel they have enough time to score. At least they play some football....we are scrimmaging.

noxiousdog likes this.
  2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

So, is there any shine left on Kubiak? What away to look like a bunch of losers.

3. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

We're certainly playing to hang on. First half and we're already scared to death not to mess up.

Those who play not to mess up - mess up. Let's just do what our coaches are doing...keep our fingers crossed.:yawn:

4. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

They were trying not to mess up because in desperation carr may have thrown a turnover and so if we played it safe we get the ball first 2Half to take lead.

5. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Someone tell me Capers didn't switch shirts at the 2 min warning. That was absouletely pathetic. Alsmost 2 min and 2 timeouts and we sit on the ball? Unreal. I'm glad that Kubiak didn't promise we would stop that playing not to lose stuff from the old regime. Oh wait, I think he did. :brickwall

Next thing we'll hear is after the game Kubes will say we didn't execute. :shoot:

6. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

1:54 left on the clock with 2 timeouts. That should be enough to gain 50 yards to at least set up a 47 yard FG attempt.

Imagine the meltdown had Miami scored within those final :23.

7. profan

profan Veteran

you guys just cant wait to find something to complain about. you just want to pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. it has been good game calling imo. now i will sit back and wait for the whiners to rip me.

8. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

In a game where points are minimal, you better take advantage of any opportunity you have.

We're talking about a simple 2:00 minute offense. It's pretty standard throughout the league. Even the Titans with a rookie QB today were able to drive down the field in the final 2:00 against Dallas and get a FG today.

9. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

I wont. I'm with you. I guess some people are just too thick headed to realize that we are only 4 games into a new year where we have a new head coach, new systems on both sides of the ball, and very young players starting for this team. Some people are treating this year as if we were slated to go to the super bowl.

WE ARE REBUILDING PEOPLE!!!!

10. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

What is insulting to me is the fact that people continuely rip this team for anything and everything. Come on where is the good? Why don't we bring up the good sometimes? Instead of threads on how good our D is doing today or just the fact that we are still in this game and moving the ball really well. We get these types of threads.

So please stop insulting me with this trash you guys call a thread.

EDIT: I'm not going to go into an arguement with you here. You have your opinions and I have mine. We have stated them both so lets leave it at that. Thank You.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

There is a time to go balls to the wall and a time to play conservative.

We won the game. According to my understanding, that makes Kubiak's decision to play conservative at the end of the half, the right one.

12. Vinny

it worked out well...but not taking a shot at scoring with 2 mins left shows no confidence at all (probably justified). I'm not a big fan of playing not to lose.

yay teem though....it worked out.

13. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

He could have dropped back to pass, the protection might have broken down, Jason Taylor could stripped the ball away and taken it to the house, and it'd be 10-3 Miami.

I dunno . . doesn't it seem like there's enough second guessing around here when they lose? Or is it 'loose'? Maybe it's 'lose' after all. Naaa, it's 'loose'.

14. Vinny

and we could be hit by a meteor from outer space. I just yearn to have a team that will be aggressive on offense....We just gave up the possession. one day, one day perhaps.

15. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I didn't like sitting on the ball either. IMO Miami's D hadn't shown anything yet at that point and Carr has done reasonably well in 2-minute drill possessions. In retrospect it worked out but I don't understand the decision then or now.

16. Why when we were getting the ball to start the second half. I agreed with the decision. :yawn:

17. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

It reeked of Capers; might've been his presence in the stadium. Caution has its place but the Miami D hadn't really come up with anything yet, and I thought Carr has performed relatively well in hurry-up to this point. Plenty of time and getting the ball back tied is well and good, but getting it back up 7 is even better.

18. Vinny

probably cause the Dolphins got it to start the game. Just giving up on one of the few possessions you have in a game reeks of lameness.

jmo

19. Well we won so who cares now right? At least we are not going to start 0-6 like last year.:cowboy1:

20. Yeah but deep in our own territory you don't risk a mistake that could cost you the game when we can start the second half with the ball.:cowboy1:

JMO