Last Chance in Miami....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Dec 22, 2009.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

This is it. This is the last opportunity for Kubiak to prove he can get these guys to pull it together, & win a "big game." I know he has missed several opportunities that would have allowed us to control our own destiny, but that ship (those ships) have sailed.

If we win this game we will most likely not make the play-offs anyway.

But if we lose, even that sliver of hope dies, along with the opportunity to finish with our first winning record, Regardless if we lose by 1 point, or 15.

I know where you "pink soapers" stand.... for all you others, would that be the final nail in the Kubiak coffin? Will you change sides?

If not, why not?

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'll not change my mind on being against hiring another damn noobie head coach. And as I've said all along, if they can get themselves a proven HC, they should do it right now. I won't budge on those two stances no matter what happens in the next two weeks.

But I just might be cussing Kubes a lot more if I don't like what I see. :roast:

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Not for me it won't. There are too many mitigating factors that I've typed several times in several different threads, so forgive me if I skip that part.

Also, I don't buy arguments that suggest that so and so beat so and so, who beat us.

The NFL is liquid and changes week to week. St. Louis beat Detroit who beat Washington (4-10) and Cleveland (3-11). Now, if Washington beat Denver and Cleveland beat Pittsburgh, does that mean St. Louis is better than Denver and Pittsburgh?? Hardly.

Someone mentioned the Falcons being 7-7 also in another thread. What they didn't mention is that they started the season off 4-1 and have gone 3-6 since. Are they trending up or trending down??

thunderkyss and houstonspartan like this.
  4. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Depends on how he manages the game. If he comes out with a good gameplan and the players piss it away with dropped TD passes and fumbles in the red zone, I can't really point the finger at Kubiak.

If he comes out running the HB option I'm going pink soap on his ass.

thunderkyss likes this.
  5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Around here, that's still on the coach.

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Kubiak has already coached this team in 62 regular season games. If you don't have your mind made up on what you are looking at then game number 63 isn't going to put much of a dent in your fan bumper. I could see this game going either way and I'd give the edge to the Texans since I thought that the Texans were the better team the last time they played as well. A winning record doesn't mean anything to most fans for your typical NFL franchise. I think that most fans of the league are competitive people on balance and that's why they are all so tough on perpetual losers. It's hard watching Kubiak squirm and it was hard watching Jack Pardee squirm. Both enormously nice guys and you feel bad for these guys, but they took the job and they knew it would get rough if they didn't win. At least those checks cash.

7. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Ok let me put this in a way some people can better understand.

Let's say I'm a supervisor at a company. I go out and do a good job identifying people who fit well with how I run things. I selected them out, trained them, and prepared them well as I thought I possibly could.

So I got my guys and they're ready to make a sales pitch for a lucrative deal. They end up bungling the deal pretty bad and blows the chance for the company. Sure once it IS on them. Let's say though I continue to retain them and put them out on lucrative sales pitches and one or two of them blow the deal continuing to cost the company.

If the company owner and investors come to me looking for answers knowing these are my guys, and the answer I give out is well... you know this is a good group of kids and their failure to produce results "is on me".

Do you think I'm going to or deserve to stick around long?

8. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

This. :)

9. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Actually, you would probably be promoted.:choke:

10. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

fixed.

buddyboy likes this.
  11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Glass houses, etc.

12. JMacaroni

JMacaroni On the bubble

Stand firm. It's progressing slowly, but maybe it'll be a dynasty. Changing now will ruin alot of what is built.

13. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

If he loses he's a bum, if he wins it is win it doesn't matter. What's the point? We all have made up our minds, it's up to the business man who OWNS a nfl franchise. No matter what we are still here. Good luck texans.

J_R likes this.
  14. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

To better stimulate maximal EFFORT in the last 2 games:

The Texans need to buy 2 cattle prods with instructions included.

Every time a player screws up, the first prod which is given to Kubiak will be applied to the offending individual.

Every time a player screws up, the second prod which is given to McNair will be applied to Kubiak.

Chances are that all will quickly adapt a new winning attitide............or, at least, a fried ass to remind them for a while that they fell short.:mcnugget:

15. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

AMEN!! So tired of hearing "Well, x beat Y, and we beat x, so we're better than Y."

It's ridiculus.

Rep.

16. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

And that's the part that befuddles me. Why aren't the players being held accountable??
    Boggles my mind.

17. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

hmmm...?
    when he said "stand firm" was he talking about that avatar or the topic.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

You haven't seen Chris/Kris Brown, the entire offensive line, Schaub, the entire defensive line, Fumbles Slaton, and Andre "The Whiner" Johnson, among others being called out as well as Kubiak?

I'm not only befuddled and boggled, but also bemused.

19. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

first of all, they'd have to lose those deals to some sort of opposition because no matter the product, there's always someone else selling it (unless you're the NFL). Think about it, if you're the only game in town, no matter how sucky your sales pitch is, the customers who have a need for what you're selling have no where else to go.

So your younguns would have to lose those sales to other companies.

At this point, the first question you should ask is: Is your product as good as you think it is or is the opposition's product just plain better?

Maybe that's the real problem. You're the sales mgr. You know that your sales force is working their butts off. You have them schooled up, down, and sideways on your product.

But, honestly, compared to the elite companies in your industry, your product is "just okay" and your potential customers want "Elite". Maybe your product line needs a couple of new additions to get into Elite class.

And the owner and investors need to be honest enough with themselves to put the blame where it belongs - on themselves for not spending enough to be the best in their industry.
    :D

20. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

No. Sorry. I have to confess that I stayed away during the losing stretch. I try not to post in anger. And I was plenty pissed for about a month. So no posting.

But I'm glad to hear that. They needed to be called out. They didn't "answer the bell" when the time came.