Larry Johnson all excuses......

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ATX, Sep 10, 2007.

1. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

“We didn’t do very good,” Johnson said, “and they weren’t even a great defense. When you have four turnovers on offense it’s hard to score points, but the decision-making we made in the process … we made it hard on ourselves. We had to fight ourselves to stay in the game. It shouldn’t be like that.”

http://www.kansascity.com/596/story/268129.html

Yeah buddy, don't give props to a defense that forced 4 turnovers.....it was all on your offense. Dismiss the fact that your team couldn't even score a TD.....good luck next week against the great Bears defense. You're a has been with a has been team, get used to it.

2. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

lol and we werent a great D...We stopped u and ur team diddnt we and did u see mario larry? i guess not

3. MissouriTexan

MissouriTexan Veteran

What a low-class thing to say about a team that just handed it to you.

4. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

LJ i am disapointed in u

5. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

What a pathetic player. I used to think he was great and all, but he's just got a horrible attitude. Now this!? That is such a joke and makes him look like a little winey sore loser.

Let's look at the 4 turnovers.
    1- FUM- Von Hutchins hits the return man..HARD, Jason Simmons sandwiching from the other side, guy fumbles, charlie anderson recovers.
    2- INT- Von Hutchings hits the WR...HARD (jacked up style) as he's catching the ball. Perfectly timed hit. Dunta has a heads up play to make the int.
    3-FUM- Jamar Fletcher hits wr HARD as he's catching the dump off pass from huard, Mario smartly dives ontop of the ball. Then gets up when he realizes nobody touched him and TOUCHDOWN MARIO!!
    4- INT- Travis Johnson rushes onto the field late, rushes the OG/C then sees Huard eyeing running back. TJ drops back in coverage as Huard throws the ball and TJ athletically makes the diving INT.

That's some hard hitting football right there and Larry Johnson is too big of a pu$$y to man up. He's a joke and I'm trading him off my fantasy team ; )

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  6. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Wow....that is just class-less. He can't even own up to the fact they were outplayed all game long.....on BOTH sides of the ball.

Do they play the Packers this year? He could use some cheese to go will all that whining.

7. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

LJ isn't a has-been, but he certainly is making his team look rather unprofessional.

8. triplethreat

triplethreat Veteran

Ok, even if our Defense wasn't good, which it is, thats just saying, they have a horrible defense, and our offense just can't beat them.

9. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Let me update the Reggie Bush note,

Mario Williams - 1TD
    Larry Johnson - 0TD

gg no re likes this.
  10. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Whew! Just in time..! I thought I was going to have to click on one of the other 20 or so threads to see this same update... I always appreciate a time saver...
    :pirate:

*edit* I took a neg for this crack ^^^... I thought I'd own up to my mistake, and eat my crow...

My apologies to RTP2110

Although, I'm still not clear on why Reggie was mentioned in the post...

11. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

The Chiefs clearly sucked but if we're going to be realistic, LJ was right when he said we're not that good a defense. We looked much sharper than we have in times past, but I think the Chiefs really made us look better than we were.

12. Bob McNair

Bob McNair Veteran

Nah, Larry you did great. You are all about holding out and squeezing out the last dollar, not being signed in time to help the offense start working smoothly before the big paychecks start in the regular season. Hey, you got yours, your priority is not the team or winning; quit the pretend pouting, because we know that when you get your paycheck you are happy.

13. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I bet Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson talk quite often

14. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

True, it can't be denied that we did very well against the Chiefs and not the Colts. Nobody would confuse the two.

This week against the Panthers will give us a better idea of where we are. I'm starting to think that over the first four weeks of the season you should really take what you see with a grain of salt. Until we have four or so games under our belts it's anyones guess how much better we are.

Every year teams get pounded on opening day and then go on to have very good seasons. Every year somebody makes a little out-of-the-gate run to the front of the pack only to fall back down or they start out stumbling, dig themselves a big hole, and then climb out of it to finish strong and get into the playoffs.

15. real

real Guest

Bullspit.

You create your own fortune in football.

Our defense played a good game.

Last year our defense played really well the last part of the season once they gained some cohesiveness...Or did you forget...

16. feebleminded

feebleminded .

I couldn't agree more. Our secondary and LBs were flying all over the place, i hope we have that kind of effort on a consistent basis all season.

You know those guys were fired up if you have Faggins trying to lay out Tony Gonzales solo.

17. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Thing is...this how a lot of people feel about our defense against the Chiefs.

I haven't heard many "The Texans did a great job defensively." In fact I've herad it once all of yesterday and none today. It was all about how the Chiefs screwed up.

It is hypocritical because if this was the Ravens playing the Chiefs and they forced the same amount of TOs doing it the same way...it would be hail to the great Ravens. But since it was us who held the Chiefs to 3 points (which is impressive against ANY team) and since it was us who forced 4 fumbles it seems like some guys can't believe the Texans defense actually did what they done so it must be the Chiefs who screwed up.

Newsflash for the talking heads...the reason the Chiefs offense looked bad is because the defense made them look bad...that is the purpose of defense afterall. To make the offense look bad and to give their offense more shots at scoring.

18. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Its been one game. I have no idea how well we played(or how badly the chiefs played). I would have respected LJ if he manned up and said, "We got beaten by a better team today and need to think about turning it around next week" since clearly on Sunday the Texans were a better team than KC.

19. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Hey don't forget the fact our offense did a good job of also keeping them off the field as well. Sorry 10 minute drives are NOT accidents. Though i agree our D was really flying around out there and fine don't give the team credit. Just gives us the ability to sneak up on people.

20. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

This is...the Texans DOMINATED the Chiefs, that is why this year is different.

We beat a team we were favored to beat.
    We beat them and outplay them...wait did we just do that?

Realize the Texan teams in the past...we STRUGGLED against EVERY team in the NFL nearly EVERY week (except the Jags lol), even the Raiders last year. This year we beat a team we were supposed to , and we didn't struggle to do so.