Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by ASidd_1990, Apr 12, 2013.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Veteran

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2013/04/mock-draft-2-0-texans-get-a-weapon/

Sigh another TE?

:kubepalm:

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

3. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Well if you're of the opinion that Schaub's noodle arm can't make the long throws, an short to intermediate target that can catch and block would be ideal. I wouldn't be upset with Eifert, he will be a much better TE than OD is right now.

4. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I've been reviewing the Texans and Saints pre-season tapes.

One of the 3 guys (Brock, Byrne, or Supernaw), I think, will probably make the squad next year - my ranking is in that order.

The highest I think the Texans will use on a TE is probably the third round.
    However, given the shortage at the top end, it's more likely that they will use a later pick, if at all. My guess is a guy with pass-catching ability (but lacking in the blocking department such that his draft stock is depressed.)

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

how could Texans pass on Cordarrelle Patterson?

:hankpalm:

6. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

7. powda

powda Hall of Fame

As much as I love LZ...puke.

8. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

As someone who wanted us to take Fleener last year, I wouldn't be totally opposed to Eifert.

But I'm expecting us to draft defense first.

9. The Pencil Neck

OK.

I just looked over this mock. And, granted, I haven't been able to educate myself on this year's draft like I've tried to do the past few years but...

We take Eifert over Patterson or Ogletree? Really?

I'm not seeing that.

Vinny likes this.
  10. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

Austin at 9?
    Hopkins at 25?

Eifert is a good player, but I question this selection. For this to happen the Texans would have to pass on Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, and Alec Ogletree. If those 4 were available to me I would probably rank them:

1. Patterson
    2. Allen
    3. Ogletree
    4. Eifert.

11. Rey

Rey Guest

Ogletree would not be a good pick for us IMO. Not a fan.

But passing over Patterson would suck.

I like Eifert, but I'm not down with that selection. Would rather a trade down if there was a partner or...I dunno...Taking the dynamic receiver that fell into our laps..

12. Rey

Rey Guest

I wouldn't be pissed with the TE selection....

But how much longer is Schaub going to be around?? Do we want to pass on a possible Andre replacement down the road because Schaub may or may not be able to fully utilize their skill set?

I don't know....

If Eifert makes us that much better right now, then I maybe we should grit and bare it...

13. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

LZ doesn't have anybody in the first round taking Patterson, so I'm thinking he just had a mental lapse, maybe had to rush too much to make a deadline.

14. The Pencil Neck

He actually mentions Patterson at one point, so... it was a conscious decision on his part to have him fall.

15. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

There aren't enough balls to go around for three TEs.
    Granted, Graham's contract will be up after this season, but whatever new contract he's going to sign should probably be less than the $2M per that a first rounder @27 will require.

If he balls out, the better; however, with the way the Texans spread the ball, AJ, OD and Foster should get a lot of targets.

The added value for an Eifert, IMO, would not be enough to warrants a first round pick at TE.

16. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Draft Countdown made the same pick for Houston.

Link.

I would oppose this selection. I understand the philosophy of Best Available Player, but sometimes you do not have a choice. We have --literally-- no one next to Cushing. WR#2 is practically vacant, as is a third OLB for rotation.

As always though, I'd have to reserve judgement until the end of the season. It's just difficult to be excited over this pick.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  17. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

Next year's WR crop will have several elite talents (i.e. Brandon Coleman, Marquise Lee, and Sammy Watkins).

I don't know that this is the year to look for Andre's replacement rather than a sufficient WR2.

18. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A

Exactly! And that's why I'm here in the first 3 rounds:

1.) Kevin Minter – ILB – LSU
    2.) Da'Rick Rogers – WR – Tennessee Tech
    3.) Corey Lemonier – OLB – Auburn
    3.) Jordan Reed – TE – Florida

Might flip-flop Reed with Lemonier, but same difference...and I think they'll be there at those spots.

19. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Maybe, but that's still surprising to me.
    I watched some tape on Patterson and he's very, very gifted, as a matter of fact almost too much so because he's got what I would call a "Reggie Bush-complex" in the sense that he repeatedly tries and often succeeds in doubling back on many plays to outrun the defense. This was something that Bush did in college, but it seemed to take years for him to understand he couldn't do that in the NFL like college because of the difference in speed of the defenses.
    But this Patterson does everything on the offense including running the ball (reverses), kick returns, and of course pass receiving. He's an elite athlete and if the Texans had him at 27 (and it ain't gonna happen), I'd be stunned and really pizzed if they passed on him.

20. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

WR is deeper than TE (imo) so I'm down with this pick. TE is a need at this point. Laugh all you want, but what TE have we drafted in the last couple of years? And we've lost two good ones - count em two in the last two years.

We could pick up a god WR in rd 2 or 3. But I could also see a WR, a safety, or a LB too at #1. If there is a trade partner, I wouldn't mind picking up an extra #3 which could be a good spot for an ILB or safety.