Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lack of NO HUDDLE, RESTRICTIVE AUDILBE SYSTEM Causing Blitz Problems?

I've thought this as well. Consciously or subconsciously?

both.

out of spite.

Our system is the exact same system as run by Baltimore last season. Even the terminology is 90% exactly the same as per J Jones and V Leach. But don't let that derail you from calling other people short minded and hard headed...:spin:

that might be true, but the plays and when those plays are properly called is different.

You can use the same system, but how you use that system could be different.

Our system is the exact same system as run by Baltimore last season. Even the terminology is 90% exactly the same as per J Jones and V Leach. But don't let that derail you from calling other people short minded and hard headed...:spin:

well, any proof? i have a very hard time believing this since gary and cam learned two complete different systems coming up through the ranks. cam is a vertical system with a power run game. gary is west coast system but uses the zbs and flips the run to set up the pass.

We also have a spread out horizontal passing system where you don't throw deep..............................oh, I forgot, that's just Matt... Hehe. :user:

That's maybe the wackiest thing I've read in here.

So you agree... it's not the system.

its both. it doesnt help that the oline is playing bad and foster is out. the production shouldnt drop that bad since we still have talent so what does that tell you?

its the coaching.

they keep trotting newton out there instead of ryan harris. that's coaching. im pretty sure kubiak's renowned denny's menu playbook has running back screens, running back draws, crossing routes, reverses, wr,te drags, but we dont see those blitz breaking plays. That's coaching.

I normally don't chime in, but it's getting stupid around here.

The "restrictive" play calling thing has been in place in this system for a long time. It won Super Bowls with Joe Montana, Steve Young, & John Elway. It made Jake Plummer look like a damn fine QB & it took Matt Schaub to two division championships, two pro Bowls & a pro bowl MVP.

It's not the same as other systems, but it works.

Not only that, but each play has it's own tweak that can be applied at any time to put the offense in a position to succeed. It's not the system's fault that Case can't count the number of defenders on either side of the ball & determine which side would be beneficial for the run play we have called up.

& on top of that, if you remember the fake spike turned fade to Andre... that's a signal they've got, something they've worked on, it's always in. They can do it at anytime. DeAndre has one as well, he talked about it after the Tennessee game.

So stop it. It's not the system. If the gimp can throw for 4000 yards in 4 of the last 5 seasons.... & our play calling is "uber-predictable" it's not the system.

What's even worse, people keep bringing up Case and college like its the same thing. This reply should end it all. A 3rd rd bench buddy threw for 4k with kevin walters as the 2. Its not the plays,its the players.

What's even worse, people keep bringing up Case and college like its the same thing. This reply should end it all. A 3rd rd bench buddy threw for 4k with kevin walters as the 2. Its not the plays,its the players.

Yeah man. Kevin Walters was awesome. So is Own Daniel. And JJ Watts. Casey Keenum just can't cut it.

SPELL THE NAMES RIGHT DUDE. And I won't think you are completely inept.

its both. it doesnt help that the oline is playing bad and foster is out. the production shouldnt drop that bad since we still have talent so what does that tell you?

its the coaching.

they keep trotting newton out there instead of ryan harris. that's coaching. im pretty sure kubiak's renowned denny's menu playbook has running back screens, running back draws, crossing routes, reverses, wr,te drags, but we dont see those blitz breaking plays. That's coaching.

No argument here. This actually makes more sense than the OP.

Ravens are 4-6, Texans 2-8. Not too far off. Makes sense to me.

No argument here. This actually makes more sense than the OP.

Furthermore, it's quite obvious if you review the last game, on the blitzes the OL consistently seemed totally confused as to who to block (many times leaving them to block no one)........most having no clue.

Back