La-a-oooser--Vick

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by infantrycak, Oct 20, 2006.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Scroll Down

How delusional is this guy? What effect would you have on Indy?--LOL. It is all the WR's fault. OK Mikey.

2. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I have to admit that when I saw him at VT I thought he would wreak havoc in the NFL ..... IMO he hasn't been embraced by a system that takes advantage of his gifts .... not his fault really but in any event time's running out on his window of opportunity ..... he could've chosen his words a bit more carefully in this interview ... :twocents:

3. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I think he may have been taking more of a shot at Mora than the WRs, but this kid sure isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he sucks.

5. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

id still trade carr for vick in a second.

6. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I am happy you are not in charge! :homer:

Ron Mexico, IMO, could not do any better for himself than what he has done. Does he actually think that Dungy would have wanted him in the first place, much less let him run up and down the field? I severely doubt it, but I could be wrong.

From what I have seen, the entire Falcons image is built around this guy. What more can you ask for? Sure, ok.... so you didn't have Harrison and Wayne on your team. So friggin what? Stop complaining about it. Plant your feet and throw the ball....

I have respect for J. Mora... he is one of my favorite coaches. I do not have respect for Vick, though. He hasn't handled himself too professionally and he hasn't even deserved all the chances he has been given to succeed.

:twocents:

7. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I think Kubiak and Shannahan both could coach Vick to alot of success.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

At least then we'd have a quality halfback. :crying:

9. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

They ran this on NFL N last night. Vick was definitely railing against his head coach. The Falcons are #1 in the NFL in rushing and #32 in passing.

10. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

as long as you don't throw the ball or play any half-decent defense.

11. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

Eeehhh, I don't know what to think of that. I mean I am by no stretch of the imagination a Vick fan but the guy has a point (to a degree). I don't know if it's the actual system he's in, the coach, the WR's or Vick himself but he did have Peerless Price there and look how that turned out. Now I know that Peerless is no Steve Smith or Terrell Owens but the guy still had some value and worth when they brought him in, obviously they had a reason to do so. But that theory never worked out. Now they have Ashley Lelie, again, no Randy Moss or Michael Irvin but again, seems to be wasting his time in Atlanta as a WR. Maybe Oakland or Kansas City or Dallas should take a look at him during the off season, because unless things improve there with Mora and Vick I doubt much will end up as Happy Families in Atlanta...

12. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Yep, saw that too. He said he loved Dan Reeves and what he did for him when he was younger.

Sounded like he doesn't like his head coach down there too much. You can't blame him though with #32 in passing.

13. Bob McNair

Bob McNair Veteran

And if Mora and offensive coordinator Greg Knapp might have felt alone under the bumper of the bus, Vick also pitched receivers Michael Jenkins, Roddy White, and Ashley Lelie down there, too. Consider this exchange:

CARTER: "Do you ever sit back and say, 'Man, you know, I wish I had Chad Johnson. I wish I had a Randy Moss . . . ."

VICK: " . . . . or a Marvin Harrison."

CARTER: "Or Marvin Harrison."

VICK: "I always think about that, Cris. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week."

:wacko: Pluzzsseee!!! Atlanta has 3 first round wide receivers! I guessing that they probably sit back and say "Man, you know, we wish we had Peyton Manning..."

My guess is that if Vick and Manning swapped teams, suddenly the Atlanta receivers would all become over achievers and all the Indy receivers would become over the hill. LOL

Luv_ya_blue likes this.
  14. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

Then somebody needs to convert Bush to QB.

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

16. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

i think unfortunately they do not take advantage of his passing abilities.

he throws a great long ball. he should be in a OLD raider offense. RUN the ball which obviously they can do and get some big wr's who can get down the field and catch jump balls.

he's NOT a west coast qb. he doesn't throw short passes well. kid has NO touch.

17. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

There is a reason for that. And its not the coaches.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I've always wondered what kind of QB Vick would end up being once he aged and his legs lost that youthful burst. Now I know...a whiny QB. ;)

I don't hate the guy, though...I just hate the hype that ESPN/media have constructed around him. He's great for Sportscenter highlights, but I'd rather have a 'traditional' QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, etc.) than one of the prototypes. You can pass the ball down the field a lot quicker than running it.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm not doggin' him, bro'. I just got tired of the endless hype from talking heads that said Vick is/was the 'QB of the future'. I remember dudes even saying that traditional dropback passers were going to be a thing of the past.

But the thing is that Vick is a one-of-a-kind talent, so you can't just emulate that with anyone coming out of college. He's like Reggie Bush in that these guys with freak talent come out every 15-20 years. However, I still think he's an average passer at best, which is the bread and butter of the QB position. I don't think he's got the mentality to pull off a Manning-like command of an offense...but then again, not many do.

20. real

real Guest

He may not win games the way you want him to....But he wins games...