L.J. Shelton

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Beastlyman2003, May 19, 2005.

1. Beastlyman2003

Beastlyman2003 Veteran

I saw on NFL.com that the Arizona Cardinals released LT LJ Shelton. Does he have a chance to end up with the texans?

2. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Shelton was a good player. I think he fell out of favor over in Arizona recently. I am not sure what the problem was. I am not a huge follower of the Cards. Maybe someone else will know. I think they had moved him to RT, but I am almost positive that he played quite a bit of LT. To me, he would be better than Wand. I don't know what his agent is looking for, but I think he would be a clear upgrade, and would easily start over Wand. He could also swing to RT if needed due to injury. I see no reason why we wouldn't at least pick up the phone and see what it takes.

3. Boris

Boris All Pro

this is the guy they were using as trade-bait for the Travis Henry (RB-Bills) trade that never materialized

NFLPlayers.com

4. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

We could use this kind of talent and durability.

5. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

He is a good player he is 29 years old, so I think he will only get worse from here. He is definately a quality player though and I think he could definately be an improvement for our team. Once I saw that he was released I was thinking...would we be interested. I really think it would be a good pick up. I don't think he will want that much money so why not go after him?

6. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Shelton was the Cards' starting LT until the position was taken from him by Leonard Davis...From what I've gathered about him, he is a very talented player with a lot of experience, but he is a classic underachiever, and he never got along with Dennis Green...I've been searching, and I haven't found any character issues with him...With every free agent, you have to ask yourself, "Is he better than who we have on the roster now", and I think he'd be an upgrade over Riley, but I'm not sure if he could take the starting LT job from Wand...If he comes cheap, I say do it, but he'll likely demand more than we're willing to spend...

7. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

right now we could use anybody to help bring in competition to the left tackle position...whether it's shelton, wand, or riley

8. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

Isnt Leonard Davis a Left Guard?

9. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

He was a left guard until he moved to left tackle...

10. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

I think we should have waited on riley, at this point i dont see us making a move but it would be nice. more depth is always good.

11. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

They say Riley was involved in a fight today in TC. More than should have waited. Good way to get people injured.

12. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

I see shelton signing with buffalo now.

13. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Buffalo would probably have to release Travis Henry to do that. I think they are only 1 million under the cap. idonno:

14. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

Went to the Cards boards yesterday to find out some info on Shelton. Not to many people upset about his release. Some people would have preferred to keep him as a backup. Mostly people ragged him pretty hard over there. Said he was a crybaby, fell out of favor with Green, etc.. Anyway considering that he was the other party involved in the Travis Henry trade with Buffalo, there is alot of smack going on between Buffalo fans and Arizona fans over there.

15. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

You mean Arizona has fans? idonno:

16. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

Alot of Buffalo fans are saying that now all they have to do is sign Shelton and they still have Henry as trade bait in other areas. Cards fans are saying they don't want Henry because they drafted Arrington.

17. throwANDREtheBALL

throwANDREtheBALL Veteran

I don't care what the fans in Arizona are saying.

L.J. Shelton is better than Seth Wand.

Period.

Riley is a cancer, Casserly should swallow his pride, admit that Riley was a stupid move, release him and sign Shelton.

Shelton would be an upgrade, he's big, good wingspan, decent feet. And if a couple fans in Arizona called him a crybaby, I think that's way better than what all the Saints fans are saying about Riley.

And this talk about us getting Rice, that's got to stop.

18. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I say release Victor Riley, sign Shelton. We should have waited until atleast the June 1st cuts instead of getting anxious and going out and getting a 'cancer'.

19. Texansbacker

Texansbacker Veteran

I hope Riley turns out better than the last Saint reject, linebacker Clemons. Shelton would be a great pick-up if for nothing but depth as long as it won't affect the salary cap adversely.

20. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

I dont need a fight to prove good competition.

Get rid of Riley. He's going fight period.

Sign Shelton.