Kuharsky blog: His postgame analysis of Texans-Jets

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by GP, Aug 17, 2011.

1. GP

GP Go Texans!

Meh. Not anything earth shattering in his blog entry, but it's somethin' to look at. I didn't watch the video because the comments section said it was, as usual, all Jets and a brief bit of Texans talk in it.

2. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I remember seeing that reel after the game. Had to be the same one unless they let Stuart Scott say "2 piece with a biscuit" twice on live tv (yeah, I know they have....lol). The highlight segment gets me to wonder if Mario owes Stu Scott money or something. Geezus, 1st game out of the block in a new role, I'd like to see THAT cok-eyed mf'er do it.

Other than that, all Jets.

EDIT: I guess the word for eyes pointing every which way "ck-eyed" is a no-no here...lol.

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

All of ESPN save for Michael Smith are going to hate on MW because he made them look stupid for falling in love with Bush and Young!

4. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

anthanoy Hill was just a major dissapointment

5. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

As an Anthony, I am offended at how you spelled his name.

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'm not so sure that he's really made them look stupid, but Bush and Young certainly have, LOL.

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

Well, the sports media (ESPN especially) will flow to whatever side they think is trending.

When the Vick story broke a few years back, ESPN was running all these in-depth specials. Same thing with the Favre sexting issue. Yet they will also shakeweight motion those guys when they're on top. It's their job to flow with the rise and fall of a sports figure's career and personal life.

When you're on top of the world, everybody wants to look up at you. When you're in a deep hole of despair, everybody looks down on you. And the sports media will be there to show you a live shot of each scenario.

I think the response, today, is too quick. We're in an instant-access world right now. If there is blood in the water, the sharks come out to feed. Quickly. And I think the media senses a potential blood-in-the-water situation with Mario at LB in the new 3-4 defense. It's a contract year, Mario is the lone remaining "Superman" draft pick out of the Top 3 from that draft, and so the scrutiny will be intense.

This is why, as you guys might have read in other threads, I think that Mario stands a goods chance of falling victim to the situations around him...and he could very well decide (and his agent, too) that the 3-4 defense is not his cup of tea. And if he and his agent decided upon that, at any point in the season, then there stands a chance he and his agent could fold up the tent and go looking for a team who runs a 4-3 with a good d-coord in place and good players beside him. Then the story will be how Houston dissed VY, and then later dissed Mario, all because Houston SUCKS and they are the devil. That ought to play well with ESPN's main demographic...the crowd out there that still thinks David Carr wasn't given a good o-line, etc. LOL.

8. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I dunno, I felt the report of whoever that strange man was who was licking Rex Ryan's wife's feet was woefully under-covered. [​IMG]