Kubiak's hireing-archy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by barrett, Jan 22, 2009.

1. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

i found this story on the afc south blog but didn't want to put it in the name calling denver thread:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-446/Familiarity-breeds-confidence-for-Kubiak.html

Kubiak's modest, mega honest approach is very appealing to me..

Go Texans

edit: found this too
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-444/Kubiak-optimistic-about-Molden--Diles-and-Brown.html

2. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Thanks man. Good articles. I am very excited about the upcoming season and the more I read about Kubiak's hires, the more I like them. I really believe Kubiak is trying to give this team an identity. He really seems to have a clear concept of what he wants this team to look like. And that is a big plus! If Frank Bush does what he is claiming and really gets after the QB, we could be a team that opposing QBs fear. I can't wait to see.

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

LZ said that Koller used to work with his dad. That would have to be Pittsburgh if I'm not mistaken. If he can coach in Pittsburgh, chances are he's a pretty good coach.

4. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

I really dont have any problem with Kubes hiring people he knows. Most of us in the working world have jobs or got a job b/c you knew somebody. Why would this be any different. Football is a game of trust anyway.

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

It says a lot about a head coach's character when he is not afraid to hire people who he knows are smarter than him (ex. Rhodes, Gibbs).

I think we have the right guy. It is hard to wait for success, especially when teams like Miami and Atlanta turned it around in only one year. But we are on the rise and I suspect us to continue moving up.

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Zierlein is currently with Pittsburgh but had a prior stint with Buffalo.

How about proven rather than smarter? I don't know how you could judge the relative intelligence of the three.

Interesting L(arry)Z comment:

Link

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

That's closer to what I mean.

I meant from a fan's perspective. A fan might see those guys as smarter or better coaches because they are more proven.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

And Cleveland.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

What I like is how Kubiak said that even if he goes with a coach he's never worked with, he still contacts those he has worked with about that coach. Anyone remember how many coaches Kubiak contacted before getting Schaub? I think that is important to note that he does his diligence even though he doesn't seem like it.

10. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Since the chron did not report any of this and a few people were really getting onto Kubiak about not doing any real investigation about his coaching choices.