Kubiaks biggest flaw

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by small nizzle, May 31, 2010.

1. small nizzle

small nizzle Rookie

Is that he is to loyal to previous years starters,to loyal to "vets" and to loyal to 'players he used to know'.

Examples:
    1.took him atleast 2 years to figure out Jacoby Jones is better than David Anderson, and he still hasnt figured out that Jones is better than Walter after 3 years (stretch the field anyone?)

2.took him atleast 14 games last season to figure out that Foster is >>>>> Brown . It actually cost the playoffs because Brown single handily cost 2 games by himself(maybe 3)

3.took him the last 2 years to figure out Kris Brown sucks and to find a replacement (and I wouldnt be surprised if Brown still starts)

4.has taken him 2 years and counting to understand Myers sucks and gets blown up., yet wont replace him with white,shelly,caldwell,or draft a center.

5.took him all of last year and still counting to realize Barwin should be starting ahead of Antonio Smith

Im now positive that Kubiaks 'kids' will not be replaced. The ship will go down with them.

2. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Ridiculously ignorant post.

-Jacoby and David play 2 different roles as receivers in this offense. Jacoby plays on the edge and his best routes are deep go routes/comebacks. David is a slot receiver or 'Z' receiver and most of his routes are crossing/hitch underneath routes. And I don't know how long you've been following the Texans but Jacoby spent his rookie and sophomore seasons developing stagnantly and was not better than David or Walter or even Andre Davis for that matter.

-Kris Brown was a really good kicker before last year. There was no reason to think he was going to have the awful year he did based on his previous years.

-Your take on the defensive end rotation is short-sighted and laughably dumb. Again you're comparing two players whose roles and skill sets are completely different. Smith was a first and second down defensive end and third down DT. Barwin was a 3rd down defensive end and occasional stand up linebacker. In fact I'd say almost every snap Barwin was on the field Antonio was too. And Barwin had neither the capacity physically or mentally to play on 1st and 2nd down last year and probably still won't be seen much there next year either.

3. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

4. pokaholic777

pokaholic777 Rookie

wow, this post is dumb...Antonio Smith is a beast.

5. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Point 2 is the only good point you make. 1 for 5, you could play for the Astros right now.

On point 1, Jacoby couldn't get out of his own way and he finally started to get it together last year. Like a previous poster said, he and David Andersen are different receivers and Andersen does what he is supposed to do very well. I expect a big year out of Jacoby but there was a point I thought he would never put it all together.

On point 3, it could be argued that Kubiak waited too long on Brown but that doesn't span 2 years. He had a good year before last and only started stinking up the joint this past season. I am hopeful that Rackers can win the job.

Point 4, Shelley is a rookie this year so not sure why you even mention him, White is not a guy I want starting, and Caldwell was a rook who earned a little PT towards the end of the year but wasn't anything special by any means.

5, you must be joking, Smith was our second best lineman last year and he was breathing down Mario's neck for those honors.

Also, to, two, too, to, two, too, to, two, too

6. datchapin

datchapin Veteran

I don't really agree with the OP's specific examples, but the general thought. Yeah, I think he sticks with some players longer than he should. Putzier anybody? There are plenty of examples, I don't think it's isolated only to Kubes. However since he's the head coach of the team I love it's hard to gloss over things that in hindsight might not be a big deal.

I think that his biggest failing is disciplining the players and having them ready for game day and then communication on game day.

His in game decisions I think are a result from not having good communication. When he didn't snap the ball in the first Colts game this yr. was a result of breakdown in communication. In Kubiaks words he admitted he wasn't aware of what was going on on the field. That has to be corrected. While I can hope it'll happen this yr. it's been an issue throughout his tenure here.

After the Jacksonville game one of their DE's pointed out a technical flaw in Duane Browns play that was giving away what kind of play it was before the snap. That really upset me because Kubes said that that wasn't a problem. The issue wasn't how he dealt with the comments, but to me, that he hadn't addressed this problem before. I can't remember who, I think it was Vinney and someone else mentioned this way back in the day before the Jacksonville game. Maybe I'm wrong, but if fans and opposing players can spot this I find it hard to believe that Kubiak didn't notice it. Then the question becomes why didn't he correct the problem or put someone else out there that could resolve the problem.

The other play that drives the point home in regards to failing to prepare players was the C. Brown pass in the Jacksonville game. Nothing went right on that play with Brown. However in Kubiaks comments afterwards he said that they were running that play well in practice. I'm sorry, but that play just reeked of lack of discipline and not being prepared.

I think these are Kubiaks biggest flaws. It's my believe that if he doesn't address them there is little reason to believe we will do much better.

Just my 2 cents. (hehe, 2 cents is a band and they opened for Korn's ballroom blitz. I thought that was interesting.)

7. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Putzier? Putzier was here for 2 years, and started 6 games (only one of which was in his second season), and was active for a grand total of 22. This is what qualifies as sticking with a guy too long?

8. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
    rmartin65 likes this.

9. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

nope. his biggest flaw is being an aggie.

:jogger:

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  10. Grforces

Grforces Veteran

Kubes biggest flaw is taking the foot off the gas when we have the lead going into the 3rd quarter.
    I dont sit in his meetings, im not on the side lines during ota's and practices, and im not in the locker room before the game starts, so all I have to go on is his press meetings and what I see during the game when he is on the side lines.
    That being said, I think that maybe, just maybe, that he can't take the next step from coordinator to head coach. Our offense (passing game) is one of the best, if not the best in the NFL. But what is missing is, coming from behind to win games. When we are winning, not giving up the lead to lose, or barely scrap by. Just seems like no one leads the team, the players try, but it seems like everything is so lax that people kinda brush it off. (Thats part of the reason im so excited this year, reading about how pollard is being a real leader)

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I have a feeling he'll earn coach of the year in 2010.

Winning tends to change a lot of peoples minds about a lot of little things.

:kitten:

12. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

Really? I've always thought his biggest flaw is his inability to think critically in high pressure situations (anything that has to do with the challenge flag, halfback passes in the RZ, etc...)

Dan B. likes this.
  13. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

Thank you so much for posting this. You have picked out the biggest flaw with this thread and I congratulate you for that.

TimeKiller likes this.
  14. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

Also, when I first joined this site I seem to remember a rule that you had to have at least 50 posts before you could start a thread. Was this just a rule for me (not blaming you if it was) or was it just done away with?

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Its not a new record , dont think anyone can beat Johnsonfan at that but it only took him 8 posts to come up with this garbage.

:mail:

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

:facepalm: Small Nizzle!

17. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Kubiak's problem is that he only trusts FoKers.

18. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

This thread sounds ridiculous. But, he is getting a lots of attention.

Go Texans!!!

19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

[​IMG]

I really hope this is just someone wanting to stir up something.

I shudder to think of the possibility that its not.

20. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

:goodpost:

OP must think this is Madden where every player at the same position is interchangable