Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak Unofficially Hired Tomorrow (message board speculation)

ccdude730 said:
anyone know if he is allowed to come to an agreement on a contract without actually being "hired" ?

per nfl regulations

I don't know, but I am pretty sure a coaches hiring can't be "official" until after the season is over for the respective teams. But I sure remember hearing alot about how Charlie Weiss was going to Notre Dame before the superbowl last year, even if it was "unofficial" it was very well known.

From what I've heard, by watching sports news programs, the NFL is VERY strict about "tampering" involving coaches currently in the playoffs until they are out of the playoffs.

Some NFL teams even go so far as to hire "professionals" who secretly meet with coaches' agents to get a sense of how interested the coach would be in taking the job. It's almost as undercover as something out of a James Bond movie from what I've heard.

Thus, it's not too far out of the question for a team to have entered into a secret "contract" during such a time as this. I mean, if you really want the guy...won't you do ANYTHING to get him?

Back