Kubiak takes responsibility

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2914

there are some ryans/williams,carr,daniels etc quotes too

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

All of that stuff looks very familiar to me and I couldn't understand why. Oh sure we heard it last week but that's not what I'm talking about. I mean that something about the wording triggered an old memory. I had a little deja vu going on for a moment and then it hit me.

Hugh Campbell.

This team acts and plays just like the Hugh Campbell era Oilers right down to the honest "I take all the blame" post-game comments from the head coach.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Oh geez...he does have a bit of a Hugh feel. On the Bob Allen show they said that Carr has something like 53 fumbles in his 60 something starts too. That's a crazy stat.

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It goes well with his crazy sack stat though doesn't it?

Seriously though fumbles are not a good thing. Sacks you can say "Well his line can't protect him" and that tends to be accepted as true even though sometimes it's not the whole story. Fumbles are all about David and once you get that reputation for being a player who fumbles a lot people will always come after you to try and cause one. Being a fumbler is like throwing a lot of picks.

If he had insane interception numbers along with those fumbles then he'd already be gone I think.

6. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Agreed, and I'd feel even worse about it if our O-Line didn't suck so much. How many of the fumbles came from being stepped on or blown snap-counts, that's the "other half of that stat I'd like to see.

Kubes is taking the blame, but I want to see some more a**-chewing if that's what it takes. The last-second Defensive substitutions weren't helping any either.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

We have much bigger problems than Carr...this thing is a dike with a billion little holes in it. Fixing any one or two things won't make us a good team. This is gonna be a long fix.

8. NATHANHALE

NATHANHALE Veteran

Well, at least he didn't use the word 'execute', and he did accept blame. However, he keeps talking about it being his responsibilty to make everything 'better.' So, will we hear what he's going to do to make things 'better,' or will that exist on a weekly basis like 'execute?'

9. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Stupid mistakes like fumbles can kill you for a game, but what's killing the team for the season is the lack of any effective seconday. A perfect example of that is that Portis shuffle pass. The Redskins whole intent was to get a couple extra yards for the easy field goal and ended up with tha 30 yd TD.

10. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

I hope we hear something specific about how he plans on "getting better", otherwise saying you take responsibility is just empty words and does not mean anything.

11. 12Gage

12Gage Rookie

It felt like week 1 all over again. Great, flawless first drive then terrible play the rest of the game.

12. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

It looked like to me that they quit playing altogether and figured the half was over since time was running out. You can't do that in the NFL. I won't even comment on the second half... :brickwall

13. Scott747

Scott747 Rookie

I so want Gary to succeed and be "the" coach that takes us to the elite level.

With that said...

This general thinking of "lets give him time" is not going to fly after this latest effort. The game plan and NO adjustments at half-time was and is inexcusable, period! There is no doubt that those knowledgeable enough realized that in all likelihood we would start out the season 0-3. But at this level? We can complain to hell and high-water about the lack of personnel and such, but IMO this was squarely on the shoulders of Richard Smith and Gary Kubiak.

The "aw shucks" it is my responsibility is going to grow very tiresome, very quick. I want to hear about some "Tuna" like blow-ups behind the scenes after the level of coaching from the defensive side shown in this game.

14. 12Gage

12Gage Rookie

Man, I swear I was that smiley durning the game.:brickwall I got a knot on my forehead to prove it. lol... seriouly I do

15. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Not directing this at you personally or defending his fumblitis, just something to chew on...

16. ComstockLode

ComstockLode Veteran

Daunte Culpepper should eventually take over that stat.

17. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

Carr 6 fumbles in last 2 games and lost 2 of those, not heartening at all

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I've defended Carr so far this season, but he always has fumbled snaps too much and now he's doing it with a proven, veteran center. I can't deny the fumble thing.

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Umm..no, Richard Smith and everyone associated with the D should fess up. That was a disgraceful outing. Their game checks should be donated to a childrens' hospital or something, not many guys deserve them.

20. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be so hard of Dunta, but I agree completely with blaming the D.