Kubiak, Sherman candidates for A&M job....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Koolaid Time, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Since Coach Fran's (Mr. VIP Connection) days are numbered up at Aggieland... there is speculation that both Kubiak and Mike Sherman may be interested in the A&M job...

http://www.footballrumormill.com/scoop.php

I heard the same thing on ESPN Radio this morning...

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Kubiak is not interested. Aggie money has been pointed towards Tuberville since last week.

3. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

Kubiak also said last week that he loves a&m and will always loves them but his loyalty is toward Bob McNair and the Texans since they gave him his 1st head coaching job.

The aggies could have and should have hired Kubes before fran and they didn't so they lost their chance.

4. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

How about Sherman???

5. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Tuberville just moved into a 9500 square foot Mansion close to Auburn earlier this year...

I don't see him moving out so soon...

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Well, I for one hope so.

7. twelvegage

twelvegage Rookie

because that's never been said before *cough* nick saban *cough*

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Please hire Sherman so we can finally get rid of him

9. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Thanks Tulexan ! My sentiments exactly.

10. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I feel like if we got an OC with a WCO background, it would do wonders for our offense. I'm afraid that Kubiak has too much respect for Sherman to fire him, so it's going to take someone else hiring him to get rid of him.

11. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Do you know anything about Sherman? How much more WC can a guy get?

12. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

Dude don't insult Kubes to that scum Saban!

13. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well you go look, but I dare you to find a strech play in our offense over the last fifteen games. And....Sherman's offense got to two super bowls. Y'all can run the guy off. But guess what ? The nine o-lineman they got is who they've got. And these coaches decided that the best way to move the ball was to go to the Green Bay power game. You can dump Sherman, but the same o-lineman they've got is who they've got. I've been telling you for four years. It ain't the coaches.
    From my tree, they don't have five guys who can run the WCO.

14. threetoedpete

Didn't we already cover this ground a couple of weeks ago ? Blend the threads.
    The Aggs are not going to offer Kubes seven mil a year. And even if they did..... the guy stood in front of a podium and gave a very direct quote of no way jose.
    Integerty is this guys stock and trade. He takes the even mil. , I won't gripe.

15. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

A&M, I have never asked you for anything, but I am going to ask you one favor. PLEASE HIRE KUBIAK!! It would get the flatliner out of Houston without making McNair look like a moron for hiring him in the first place and then we can join the BILL COWHER SWEEPSTAKES. The winning club gets Bill Cowher, the staff he will bring with him, and instant front runner status for Alan Faneca in the offseason.

Its obvious Gary's carebear brand of football isn't good for a young team and we need a guy to come in who has some fire and chutzpah. Bill would own this town overnight and would SERIOUSLY upgrade our coaching staff, which is currently one of the worst in the league. Gary isn't a horrible head coach but his coaching staff and assistants are pathetic....imho of course.

GET IT DONE A&M!! SIGN GARY NOW!!

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Sherman's offense or Holmgren's offense? Because both Holmgren and Kubiak come from the Niners and the WCO, Sherman did not.

17. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

what is he supposed to say? he has a job that is paying him well presently, but if he is smart he needs to see the writing on the wall. he isn't cut out to be a quality NFL head coach and doesnt have the ability to get some of the good assistants to work for him. most of his cohorts still work for Shanny. He needs to realize that last year will probably be his last year with the Texans unless he turns things around and can get this team ready to play on Sunday. He fails in that regard on a weekly basis.

i just want some good football and Gary aint gettin it done and he has done a woefully poor job of acquiring assistant head coaches to work for him. why are we so damn cheap when it comes to coaches. if we are supposed to have so much resources than why do we have one of the cheapest staffs in the league? its one of the few things you can do to improve your team that doesnt hurt you in the future or via the salary cap.

BRING BILL TO TEXAS....and spare no penny to get it done. if we get Bill we have finally made a franchise defining move and a move that will send the message that the Texans have finally decided to get serious about winning.

Carebears like Gary dont survive in the NFL...so get it done while we have one of the best coaches in teh league currently unemployed (cowher)

18. threetoedpete

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sherman

I stand by my statement. He is supposedly an o-line guru. This o-line guru has chosen the GB power runinng game. this HC agreed. This offensive line is not tallented enough to run WCO. But y'all do what you want. I'm posting the problems are not walking out the door with Mike Sherman. Once he leaves the problems will still be on the roster.

19. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I don't care if he is an OL guru, he shouldn't be calling the plays.

20. threetoedpete

Bull dung. He has a patched up offense jugernauting to the top of the NFL in passing. Now you can believe what you want. I was born at night but it wasn't last night. He can't play for the players. Either they have the tallent to execute the offense or they don't. They don't have enough money to blast Cower out of the booth. And certainly not enough to make him take over this reclamation project. Get use to it. We have our HC for the foreable future. The cowboys are calling you SH.