Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Textan

Waterboy
Yea, I wish. The jig is up on Kubiak.

Predictable, routined. Kubiak was simply out-coached on that play.

The guys on 790's thoughts on that play at 45:53
I agree with you 100%.
By the Grace of the Football Gods does Kubiak pull off a win. How many years have we said his play calling, his decisions are overly predictable?
We've called it overly conservative many times, but I like what the guy's on 790 call it "tendencies".
No creativity or thinking outside of the box gives you a Kubiak coach.
The talent's always been there.

Rey

I read this, and while I agree with what you are trying to say, I would counter with what your polar opposites in I and others think:

IF Schaub does recover, what does he recover to? I've seen enough in 7 years to know his ceiling is a borderline GREAT backup caliber QB or a mediocre starter, who has shown the ability to effectively manage a game for good stretches, but by no means has been the engine that makes the offense run. I've seen enough in the past 10 games he's started to have a reasonable expectation that his ceiling has already been realized and is in the rear view mirror.

You can put insert name here into the QB position and still see relative success from mediocrity given the complimenting players at RB, WR, TE and a decent OL. I give you Sage Rosenfels. no better, no worse than Schaub was. Just didn't have as long at the helm. I give you TJ Yates. again, we are in that fuzzy line of great backup/so so starter.

IMHO, you better load up on toilet paper, because I don't believe he's as good as he was, nor will be as good as you think he is.

gary: Get rid of the GIMP!

Agreed.

Only difference is that Schaub has had more opportunities and more grooming. Honestly I felt we should've let sage be a stop gap and drafted a qb in the first round when we got a chance to.

Both were upgrades over Carr and if someone wants to argue Matt was better than Sage...ok, but I don't feel he was so much better that he has been worth the 2 2nds plus the contracts. Sage, a cheaper contract, keeping those 2 2nds and maybe having traded for a good young QB by now sounds a lot better in hindsight.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Doesn't excuse Schaub...he had a few options at his disposal within that play to not screw up....but it's like i've been telling everyone...this guy is as much the problem as Schaub is....removing 1 does not get us out of the woods of this mess we have right now.
I'm definitely not excusing him. I even saw the DB was going to come on the blitz. I yelled (scared the crap out of my dog) once I noticed the fake hand off and Schaub turn to begin the boot. I still put a majority of the blame on Schaub even though Kubiak's a dictator when it comes to his scheme. Call a TO, run it (lol) or spike it.

Just piggy-backing on your post, tex

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Agreed.

Only difference is that Schaub has had more opportunities and more grooming. Honestly I felt we should've let sage be a stop gap and drafted a qb in the first round when we got a chance to.

Both were upgrades over Carr and if someone wants to argue Matt was better than Sage...ok, but I don't feel he was so much better that he has been worth the 2 2nds plus the contracts. Sage, a cheaper contract, keeping those 2 2nds and maybe having traded for a good young QB by now sounds a lot better in hindsight.
I'm 100% with you on this one. I had no idea who Matt Schaub was except for a few blurbs regarding a game or two where he did "alright." I understand Vick was the golden child at the time, but they didn't spend 2 seconds on Matt. They found him in the third. If they can find a guy like that in the third, why couldn't we?

& while Sage had his flaws...... Kubiak was still in his grace period which lasted through 2010, why make a bold move like that? Granted, if Schaub would have came in & blew the doors off the NFL, fine. We could say that Kubiak saw greatness & made a shrewd move.

But now, we're talking about all his limitations. We've been talking about his limitations since 2008.

Had we rolled with Sage we could have drafted
Quin (22) Kolb (36), Beck (40), Stanton (43)
Flacco (18) Brohm (56) Flynn (209)
Freeman (17) McGee (101)

.... the argument sounded much better in my head.

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
Sage is not equivalent to Schaub. If you had his performance in his best years, which were with the Texans, you get 2 more INTs than Schaub in this his worst year or you get 2 less TDs - take your pick. Sage was a 1 TD for 1 INT guy (TJ hasn't even been that good at 1 TD for 1.5 INTs).
I agree they are not equivalent, but I do believe they had relative success.

As a Texan, Schaub's W/L is 62/59. Winning% .512
As a Texan, Sage's W/L is 10/11. Winning% .476

Given Schaub gets the lion share of 1st team reps in terms of preparation, etc.. the difference is insignificant. I don't believe either are/were great enough in that they will carry a team.

Recent history, again, suggests that Schaub's best years are behind him.

Gary: Get rid of the GIMP!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
modern day offensive coaching guru has a system where one can't change the play in a bad situation. Brilliant stuff. La Porte HS QB's have a better system than this for being in a bad play.
I have little doubt that this Fisher Price approach to playcalling/offensive scheme is ultimately going to prevent great things with this team.

It's also very tempting for the defense to blitz when the QB rarely checks out of the play.

I'm in no way absolving Schaub's responsibility for this mistake. But it was a "very,very poor play" call. The defense is not going to crash inside looking for a run on 3rd and 4. They're thinking pass. No one went for the fake as a top defense shouldn't. Schaub had no chance to make a positive play. All he could do was make the least negative play. Which would have been to curl into a ball and take the gift sack. How does Kubiak pour over these plays all week and then during the game, then make a ridiculous call like that?
Sometimes it looks like the Smartest Man in the Stadium out thinks himself. I did not understand why they were not using the best one/two punch in the NFL to run down the clock and grind to a win. The lack of basic football logic with a typical ball-control coach is strange.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
Schaub may not be guilty of everything here, but there is no denying that he has missed wide open receivers dating back to last season and made some dumb ass throws. Don't go sainting Schaub just yet. He has more than enough culpability for his poor play in 2012 and 2013.

Im pretty sure all who play QB in the nfl make dumb throws and miss open receivers as well. This is not some rare occurance that we are only seeing

burro

probably drunk
I read this, and while I agree with what you are trying to say, I would counter with what your polar opposites in I and others think:

IF Schaub does recover, what does he recover to? I've seen enough in 7 years to know his ceiling is a borderline GREAT backup caliber QB or a mediocre starter, who has shown the ability to effectively manage a game for good stretches, but by no means has been the engine that makes the offense run. I've seen enough in the past 10 games he's started to have a reasonable expectation that his ceiling has already been realized and is in the rear view mirror.

You can put insert name here into the QB position and still see relative success from mediocrity given the complimenting players at RB, WR, TE and a decent OL. I give you Sage Rosenfels. no better, no worse than Schaub was. Just didn't have as long at the helm. I give you TJ Yates. again, we are in that fuzzy line of great backup/so so starter.

IMHO, you better load up on toilet paper, because I don't believe he's as good as he was, nor will be as good as you think he is.

gary: Get rid of the GIMP!
I would argue that Schaub at his best, 2009-2011 for reference, is above average or at least good enough to get us through the playoffs. People rag on stats, but you don't put up the sorts of numbers he did in those seasons without playing good football. In fact, I still believe that we are in the SB in 2011 if he was under center for the playoffs.

That said, I'm not arguing that he has another 5+ years in the tank and will retire a Texan with multiple rings. We do need to address the QB situation for the future, but he's our best chance for now and that it's a better chance than people think if he gets back to form.

Come On Breh

Waterboy
That's an interesting take considering how many championships have been won with the WCO.

Perhaps the Fisher Price version implemented by Kubiak is the root problem.
same feeling i have. i dont even think kubiak's system is the problem, its his play calling. Kyle Shanahan called great games when he was here.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Not making excuses for Schaub, I don't believe he is the answer at QB anymore than most of the posts I have read here. One thing I would like to point out though, is why he gets all of the blame? Shouldn't OD have been more aggressive in that play? Notice it was blown and try and make a play for his QB? He lets Sherman knock him off the ball (and onto his butt). I didn't see a whole lot of fight there from OD.

Come On Breh

Waterboy
Not making excuses for Schaub, I don't believe he is the answer at QB anymore than most of the posts I have read here. One thing I would like to point out though, is why he gets all of the blame? Shouldn't OD have been more aggressive in that play? Notice it was blown and try and make a play for his QB? He lets Sherman knock him off the ball (and onto his butt). I didn't see a whole lot of fight there from OD.
have you read sherman's quotes about the play? that should give you your answer.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame

First the ball should have never been thrown or if thrown is should have been yards short of both players. Second was it OD who was the target of a previous pick 6 where it appeared as though he gave up? I think it was a TE just cant remember if it was OD

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
I would argue that Schaub at his best, 2009-2011 for reference, is above average or at least good enough to get us through the playoffs. People rag on stats, but you don't put up the sorts of numbers he did in those seasons without playing good football. In fact, I still believe that we are in the SB in 2011 if he was under center for the playoffs.

That said, I'm not arguing that he has another 5+ years in the tank and will retire a Texan with multiple rings. We do need to address the QB situation for the future, but he's our best chance for now and that it's a better chance than people think if he gets back to form.
Agreed with at his best 2009-2011 and the multiple rings part. He's not our best chance for now. He's a proven liability when pressured in the pocket. Our line is adding to his liability and it's high time Kubiak realizes the need to put someone back there that can actually withstand slight pressure on a regular basis.

It's almost as if Kubiak sees Schaub as an extension of himself and is too proud to take himself out of a game he's been out of already since 1983.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
That's an interesting take considering how many championships have been won with the WCO.

Perhaps the Fisher Price version implemented by Kubiak is the root problem.
It was, as characterized by both Kubiak and Tim Hasselbeck, a very, very poor play call & formation.

The best outcome was taking a sack. Matt should have tucked & ducked.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Does it really matter what fans think? Is MS going to continue as starting QB and I say he will.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
I believe I said I'm not making excuses for Schaub, and I don't think he is our long term option. I am however pointing out that does the problem go further than just Schaub?

have you read sherman's quotes about the play? that should give you your answer.
Yes I read Sherman's quote about the play (and I think you may be referring to the quote from Earl Thomas where he states the DC knew what the play was going to be and called the right defense for it). Not sure of the point though... I'm sure in most games the defense guesses right and calls the perfect play to counter multiple times and sometimes it works and sometimes the offense still wins the play.

First the ball should have never been thrown or if thrown is should have been yards short of both players. Second was it OD who was the target of a previous pick 6 where it appeared as though he gave up? I think it was a TE just cant remember if it was OD
You are correct the ball should have never been thrown, and that is on Kubiak and Schaub. But in fact it was thrown and regardless of whose fault that was, there was a live ball in the air and OD was out fought for it. Sherman it seemed wanted the ball more than our player. That is a problem.

No different than when a RB fumbles... you don't expect the other guys on the team to dive for the ball, because it wasn't their fault?

I'm just saying if the end result of the play was different, and OD out fights Sherman for the ball spins and runs for 10 yards, are we then on here praising the miraculous play that Schaub and OD pulled off?

Sometimes you make your own luck, I see passes thrown every week that should never have been thrown and a down right amazing catch by the receiver is needed.

I would love a more mobile QB and would like to see what either Yates or Keenum can do. But all the players need to play like it is 4th and goal with 2 seconds remaining in the Super Bowl, which is give everything they have, no mistakes, get the job done.

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
Yes I read Sherman's quote about the play (and I think you may be referring to the quote from Earl Thomas where he states the DC knew what the play was going to be and called the right defense for it). Not sure of the point though... I'm sure in most games the defense guesses right and calls the perfect play to counter multiple times and sometimes it works and sometimes the offense still wins the play.
This is not surprising because Kubiak always tends to run playaction and bootlegs on 3rd & short. He thinks he's a genius because he's breaking tendency from what most teams do. What he doesn't understand is that defenses have figured out his tendencies and they know he's going to throw the ball on 3rd & short. He always does. He's not tricking anyone anymore except for himself.

This is not surprising because Kubiak always tends to run playaction and bootlegs on 3rd & short. He thinks he's a genius because he's breaking tendency from what most teams do. What he doesn't understand is that defenses have figured out his tendencies and they know he's going to throw the ball on 3rd & short. He always does. He's not tricking anyone anymore except for himself.
I've heard this a lot, but I'd like to see the actual breakdown. Does any one have access to that?

Also, playaction seems like something you'd want to do in that situation if you're you're going to pass. The run is much more believable. The bootleg depends on how hard they've been biting on the playaction.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I've heard this a lot, but I'd like to see the actual breakdown. Does any one have access to that?

Also, playaction seems like something you'd want to do in that situation if you're you're going to pass. The run is much more believable. The bootleg depends on how hard they've been biting on the playaction.
There are a lot of misconceptions out there.
There's no real tendency in the Texans' offensive play call.
I do not keep continuous records of what they do; I have a lot of notes scattered throughout the six or seven hard drives that I have; I never had the chance to tie them up together.

All I can say is that there has been no significant bad tendencies in what the Texans have been doing offensively under Kubiak.

Yes, there are a few things that they do more often in certain situations, downs and distances, but they have been successful at those, I don't see a need to change in those instances.

The bottom line is that Schaub needs to play better; moreover, he needs to minimize crucial mistakes.

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I would say his tendency to throw on 3rd & short is much higher than any non-spread passing team (Saints, Pats, etc.).

And if you're going to pass on that down then yes, you want to run playaction. The problem is it's 3rd & 2 and you're throwing the ball. He always does this. We're averaging 4 yards per carry on the day and he's throwing the ball on 3rd & 2.......

76Texan

Hall of Fame
It was, as characterized by both Kubiak and Tim Hasselbeck, a very, very poor play call & formation.

The best outcome was taking a sack. Matt should have tucked & ducked.
I'm just going to piggy back on your post, even though it doesn't have much to do with the gist of what I like to say.

There's never anything wrong about formation.
As an offense, I would think that you can line up in any formation of your choosing; ie. as an offense, you're supposed to dictate the play.

But you (I mean the offense) also wants to be able to counter the D call.
Out of the same formation (even before motion, if there's any), an offense can run several different plays.
From studying playbooks of various teams, I would call them a series of plays from the same formation (however, coaches often refer to this as a play, let's say 18-19 Strong).
What I'm referring to here, if I may bring up a loss to the Jags a few years ago.
The report was that the Jags beat us with only five or six plays; it should be termed as five or six "series" of plays.

At any rate, I think I'm not doing a very good job to convey my thoughts here.
It's probably best for me to get back to the main points.

On that particular interception, the Texans were in 21 personnel (offset I, TE strong left (Graham), slot right, TE flex wide right (OD).
Then, they motioned the flex TE OD to the slot.

The Seahawks showed zone all the way (it should become clearer later).

When Schaub walks to the LOS, the call was a bootleg weak side (to the right).
However, Schaub had the choice to check into a run play (whether strong side left, or weak side right). This is the "built-in" audible.

IMO, Schaub should have checked into a run strong side left where the Texans had advantage in blocking in the zone scheme.
That's the best percentage play on third and 4, whether it works out or not.
You have an extra blocker, you should be able to gain four.

The Seahawks bought that, too.
The LBs were playing the run hard on the run blitz.

Regardless, it was Schaub's decision there at the line.
He felt like the Hawks would bite the run fake (and they did), so he took it upon himself.
It would have worked if Schaub is a little smarter or can be a little more mobile on his throw.

If he was quick wit and having a greater vision, he could have floated the ball to Graham who was wide open in the money on a slant. Graham was running into empty space in a zone that had the LBs committed to the run blitz.
That was Schaub's easiest read and throw.

As a QB, you expect the blitz to come on the right side; you watch the ILB, if he bought the fake (which he did), throw the damn ball to the crossing TE (Graham).

Or Schaub could have juts thrown the ball to the inside of OD, with the CB to the outside. Schaub threw the ball to the defender instead.

I do not want that type of QBacking on my team.

I'm embarrassed to be part of such an ignorant fan base.

Kubiak runs one of the most complex offenses in the NFL and it's widely regarded by defensive players and coaches and one of the most difficult schemes to prepare for. Considering the Texans are near the top of the league in offense basically every single year, how can any of you dispute that just because Seattle players orally stimulated their coach after guessing one play correctly?

If Kubiaggie Stupiak was so predictable and incompetent, why did his offense march up and down the field on the #1 defense in the NFL?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Exactly. Anyone harping on Kubiak being more predictable than any other coach is just hating. We shut the Seahawks down for 3 qtrs of the game. Part of that is that we're just that much better than them. Some of it is that they were missing three OL starters, & still credit goes to our coaches being able to break down their tendencies.

Kubiak & Schaub were able to put Four Hundred & Seventy some odd yards on the #1 defense in the league, knocking them out of the top 5 because they "knew" what the defense was trying to do & when.

Screwed the pooch on that particular play.... but that's what tape is all about, that's why they "study" that's why they break down film.

dtran04

Veteran
Hell, the Seahawks didn't run many successful plays on offense the entire game. It was Wilson scrambling around after the play failed.

THAT team would be dangerous as hell running the flawed Kubiak offense.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Wonder how many plays Manning cant check out of LOL not saying Schaub is smart enough to call a play to exploit the defense if he sees something like manning, but we will never know.

htownfan32

Hall of Fame

Kubiak runs one of the most complex offenses in the NFL and it's widely regarded by defensive players and coaches and one of the most difficult schemes to prepare for. Considering the Texans are near the top of the league in offense basically every single year, how can any of you dispute that just because Seattle players orally stimulated their coach after guessing one play correctly?

If Kubiaggie Stupiak was so predictable and incompetent, why did his offense march up and down the field on the #1 defense in the NFL?
This. Kubes ain't the problem. It's not 100% Schaub either, but most of it is. A more competent executor of the plan Kubes draws up would go a long way towards helping us get to where we want to be.

bOODRO87

Time Consumer

We actually played football for the first half. Then we remembered this is Gary Kubiak Texan Football and we scored a big whopping 0 points in the 2nd half. We have been 4-6 since we got the chance to take HFA last year. We scored 0 points against the Patriots in the 3rd quarter when our defense made the game winnable. Zero TD's against the Ravens. I'm seeing a trend and I don't know about you, but that does not pass the eye test.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
...just because Seattle players orally stimulated their coach after guessing one play correctly?
This is what's getting me. Schaub & Andre owned Richard Sherman... damn near all day.

One play. One play....

I think it was an amazing play

But one play & he's the best CB in the game...... blah!!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen."

Texans will beat NE in the AFC Championship.

Love the sig

MSR

Scooter

Funky
what's not being talked about is that, as sherman said, that's a play we like to run. shouldn't schaub have a better understanding of the play and the situation? the high point with schaub is supposed to be his grasp of the playbook and timing, shouldn't he have recognized that it was flawed at the snap? it's a play we like because it's a play that works. obviously we should've run the ball that time, but as kubiak said "we wanted to stay aggressive" and of course you want to do that with one of your better plays.

i dont hate the playcall. i dont particularly like it, but had we gotten stuffed half of the fans would be saying "typical kubiak going into turtle mode".

it reminds me a lot of rosencopter. similarly i thought that was a great playcall that the quarterback fubar'd. had sage any sense he would've eaten the ball or thrown it away, and played the situation as a competent quarterback should. same as schaub, eat it or throw it away as any competent quarterback should.

Last edited:

bOODRO87

Time Consumer
This is what's getting me. Schaub & Andre owned Richard Sherman... damn near all day.

One play. One play....

I think it was an amazing play

But one play & he's the best CB in the game...... blah!!
Have you seen how long the ball is in the air when Schaub throws? Is there some kind of measurement of air time x yards thrown because Schaub has got to be KING of that. That was one of the worst throws he's ever made. Thrown into the Bermuda Triangle of 3 defenders just waiting. It took effort for Sherman to rip it away, but it was practically thrown up for grabs.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

Thank you for pointing this out. Kubiak's system is highly effective, and is flawed no worse than any other system in the league. And Kubiak's playcalling isn't even much worse than any other coach's. The stats speak to that. Also, the elimination of the audible shifts responsibility to the receivers, who then provide the quarterback with alternatives to the original play call. That's why this system demands so much commitment from the receivers, and why the audibling is "built in" as Chris Myers described it.

Every coach calls plays that get predicted and busted in every game. The solution is fielding players who can make something out of nothing. That is what this system currently needs at the QB position to complement it. When an intuitive and quick QB can avoid negative yards, thus keeping this WCO on schedule, it can dominate and win championships.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
As ObsiWan just informed me, people keep forgetting this part:

Myers: “I’m not going to explain how we handle audibling at the line, but nice try there. That’s the way it works in the NFL. Some teams and some quarterbacks are given that opportunity because there teams offenses are based upon them going to the line and having six different plays possible then they just give the line and the rest of offense what they are going to do. In our scheme, Matt doesn’t necessarily have to do that all the time. You guys may not notice, but we audible a lot. You guys may not notice and talk about it all the time because you guys don’t notice it. It’s one of the things that come with the territory. It’s a smooth transition for us with the zone blocking scheme and with the rollouts that we have that Matt’s been able to run. We don’t have to audible as much because we have the potential for other things to happen. Our audibles aren’t the same as other teams, but we get it done just as much as they do. Everyone talking about how they need to put more pressure on Matt and how he needs to take on more of the offense. It’s there, you guys just don’t notice.”

Schaub: “If I explain what we do too much, then other teams are understanding it too. We’re glad that no one out there really knows what we’re doing. We do have a built-in system but it’s something that we do at the line of scrimmage that is not as dramatic as some teams do. We do it about 30 percent of the game. We have two or maybe three plays at the line of scrimmage and then we go from there. It’s all based on what the defense is doing. Sometimes it’s run to run, run to pass, it can be any one of those things, but it’s all predicated on the defense.”
I just posted this two pages ago, yet the conversation is continuing under the assumption that traditional audibling is superior because it unlocks a more versitile passing offense. I contend that this system makes the Texans a better road team since it reduces the impact of crowd noise.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I would say his tendency to throw on 3rd & short is much higher than any non-spread passing team (Saints, Pats, etc.).

And if you're going to pass on that down then yes, you want to run playaction. The problem is it's 3rd & 2 and you're throwing the ball. He always does this. We're averaging 4 yards per carry on the day and he's throwing the ball on 3rd & 2.......
It was 3rd and 4 not 3rd and 2.

The closest split is 3rd and 3-7. As a % of their passes:

Schaub 11.4%
Brady 10.2%
Brees 12.5%
Flacco 11.5%
Rodgers 12.3%
Manning 13.2%

Not seeing the Texans as an outlier.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
As ObsiWan just informed me, people keep forgetting this part:

I just posted this two pages ago, yet the conversation is continuing under the assumption that traditional audibling is superior because it unlocks a more versitile passing offense. I contend that this system makes the Texans a better road team since it reduces the impact of crowd noise.
Yes it is a like audible system, but it is still all pre determined, nothing like whn manning see's one on one coverage with no safety help, and he switches it to a deep route and hits his man for a long TD for example.

They have pre set plays they can change to yeah, but they can not pick any play from the play book to best suit the situation, not to mention i seriously doubt there is any plays that the mannings, Rogers etc cant check out of.

Its still a leash on Schaub no matter how you put it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yes it is a like audible system, but it is still all pre determined, nothing like whn manning see's one on one coverage with no safety help, and he switches it to a deep route and hits his man for a long TD for example.

They have pre set plays they can change to yeah, but they can not pick any play from the play book to best suit the situation, not to mention i seriously doubt there is any plays that the mannings, Rogers etc cant check out of.

Its still a leash on Schaub no matter how you put it.
So you think Schaub can be as good as Rodgers, or Manning?

If not, why is this even an issue? We're one of the better offenses in the league, year in & year out. If it's not broke....

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!

If not, why is this even an issue? We're one of the better offenses in the league, year in & year out. If it's not broke....
NO thats why i said we dont know if he could do it or not in a few posts ago. And lately it has had some pretty bad kinks, that need fixing.

If our offense requires no more than a game manager to be effective, why on earth did we pay Matt Schaub 60+ million?

Kubiak's offense is extremely QB friendly. Not complex if you know X's and O's.

I might get KILLED for saying this, but a cheap Mark Sanchez could be effective in this system next year as we season a rookie qb.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
If our offense requires no more than a game manager to be effective, why on earth did we pay Matt Schaub 60+ million?
Because a more than game maker costs $100+ million.

Kubiak's offense is extremely QB friendly. Not complex if you know X's and O's.

I might get KILLED for saying this, but a cheap Mark Sanchez could be effective in this system next year as we season a rookie qb.
QB friendly and simple are not the same thing.

Your Mark Sanchez comment throws all your opinions on Schaub out the window.