Kubiak Presser

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Exascor, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Just a few notes:
    Kubiak won't say Schaub is the starter if he's healthy. Take this with a grain of salt - he also said I'm going to prepare "Case & TJ" to play. Not TJ & Case.

Manning hasn't been confirmed to has a broken fibula.
    Still evaluating Schaub. He's been getting shots and is still sore.

Nothing else but typical coach speak.

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Lol at how everyone is grasping at anything to have some hope...yes sir desperation has truly set in..

3. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

Ill give credit to McClain he went full bore #FREECASE on Kubiak. Every QB question involved Case specifically

4. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

This team needs a spark. If you want to have a chance at still making the postseason, you need something to shake things up. Will playing Keenum guarantee a win vs KC? Of course not. Will Keenum be the next Tom Brady? Seriously doubtful. Will he make me MUCH more interested in watching the next few weeks? Heck yeah.

5. bOODRO87

bOODRO87 Time Consumer

I'm already in draft mode. This team isn't making the playoffs.

6. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

this is me as well... I'm gonna watch just b/c i'm a loyal fan, but I've seen enough of this team as it is currently composed.

7. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Exactly.

Keenum needs to start, we pretty much know what Yates is capable of and even though he took the Texans pretty far when he was forced to start...it was more because of how great everyone around him was playing.

And he still had a tendency to throw INTs. Now is not the time to put someone out there because he has seniority.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I don't know if Kubiak is hell bent on Schaub due to loyalty. Or it is over 6 years he did a piss poor job of getting a second string quarterback that he feels comfortable taking the chains off and running the damn offense

Buffalo had to start a Practice squad QB against Cincy and they about pulled it off. Their offense had a lot more spark than what we have seen lately

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

TJ came in and I was hoping Kubiak would have some urgency with the offense and just flat out go with it....hell no he didn't. If you can't trust TJ why didn't we bring in someone to push him or even Matt?

Been 3 years with TJ and if he doesn't know the offense by now, he never will

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

"Desperation is a stinky cologne"

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Desperation_of_Shearer.jpg[/IMG]

11. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Well, he did not display loyalty at the presser today. When asked if Schaub would start if he was healthy, Kubiak said something like, "well, we need to get him healthy and then I will evaluate who will start..."

It seemed clear in the presser that:

1. He plans to start Case this week... or,
    2. He is strongly considering it and simply hasn't decided yet.
    3. He is not content with Schaub's play- when given an opportuntiy to commend Schaub's performance yesterday, he didn't do it. Instead, he said something like, "it was better, but..."

With Schaub's ankle injury, the upcoming bye week, and the 2-4 record, I have no idea what may play out the next two weeks. I tell you what, though... They better sit Schaub down instead of starting a hobbled version of him against the Chiefs in KC. He will get creamed this week!

By the way, Kubiak had a hysterical reaction when someone mentioned that the Chiefs had 10 sacks yesterday. His face told the story!

Wolf likes this.
  12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The presser is purposely vague to make KC guess as to whom they will be facing..........purposely keeping Schaub in the mix.

If there was no mention of the MRI results, I would virtually guarantee that not only will Schaub not start Sunday, but also that, due to whatever likely injury(ies) he sustained, he will not be able to play again (even if Kubiak wanted him to or Schaub wanted to) before at least 2-4 weeks. If the MRI was negative or would have have shown something minimal and encouraging, Kubiak would be volunteering every detail of the test to the world.

13. T3x4NSBULL

T3x4NSBULL Veteran

Most of us hope Keenum starts to see what we have in him, but I think Kubiak is too scared

14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Yeah...according to you guys its time to start a guy who hasnt seen any live bullets in a regular season in his career..:rolleyes:

15. kingtexan

kingtexan Hall of Fame

LMFAO, yep because they would be a real SKEERED if they knew who we wuz a throwin out there ...

16. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Yeah, because most of us saw the result of putting in a backup QB who HAS seen live bullets in a regular season game, and came to the conclusion that Yates is a Schaub clone, and putting him in as starter solves exactly nothing...

HTown2ATX likes this.
  17. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

This, I gave them til the Rams game to turn it around. I was fine with a weak start, beats going weak before playoffs, but I said if they didn't beat the Rams I was calling the season.

I will still watch, I want the W, but I can't really be surprised with a L in ANY of the remaining games.

IF we lose to Jags however, we will be in worse shape than I even currently suspect.

18. Rey

Rey Guest

On the coach show on 610 he was vague again. He's not going to tip his hand this early.

Honestly, I think he's going with case. I think that's the guy he identified as his pet project and he's willing to go through some growing pains with him.

Also, I do think TJ will play better with more work, but like tkyss said in another thread....no matter the circumstances, you can't be TJ Yates and get that opportunity and come in and play that poorly.

I'm ready to see case now. Been ready. Need to see him to see what we have to work with going forward.

19. msbbc833

msbbc833 Veteran

If that was a grade 2 sprain I'm thinking more like 2 months. Who knows he may have even torn his ATFL or CFL and could be done for the year.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If Case is his pet project, I can't imagine him not feeling like it's "now or never" Case probably isn't ready, but neither was Geno Smith but the Jets are much more optimistic about their season than we are & that ain't right.