Kubiak Press Conference: New Time

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Kimmy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Kubiaks press conference will be at NOON today rather than the normal 3:30.

Texans TV will carry it live.

@HoustonTexans Watch head coach Gary Kubiak's press conference LIVE today at Noon on #TexansTV.

2. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

So in 45 minutes?

3. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Yes. You can also hear it on sportsradio610.com

4. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

5. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Dumb question, dumb manner by Barry Warner. :truck:

6. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Anything interesting said?

7. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

He refused to talk about the Mario situation because he has no control over that.

The reason he kept JJ returning punts is because he made a mistake but he felt JJ had the best chance of giving us a big return, and players make mistakes and go on to make big plays, it just didn't happen this time.

Talked about having a meeting with each player today as lockers go cleaned out.

Said he wouldn't make any comments on what he thinks the team needs to look for personel wise in the offseason because its evaluation time.

Talked about how he talked to Andre and Demeco about becoming the leaders of this team.

Talked about the rookies, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed, and TJ Yates. Said he has talked to TJ alot since the game, lots of positives about all the rookies.

Said the play calls that went deep were his calls, TJ did not check out of the plays.

Other stuff

76Texan likes this.
  8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I usuall dog Kubiak for his play calling but for some reason I felt good that he let his young QB be aggressive. I think it helped the offense run the ball better.

9. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Said all teams do "exit interviews" (not his term), and this year's were the most positive he has heard in his career.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think it was a big factor in our ability to run the ball.

However, we get the ball with 2:52 left in the 4th Qtr... we hit three big plays with Andre Johnson... then the pick.

What happened to Foster? We still had 2 time-outs at that point.

He put the game in Tj & Andre's hands... forgot about the Horse that got him there.

I'm really surprised (& impressed) that this board is giving him a pass here.

11. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

I didn't want to say anything on game day, but I kinda felt like they were trying to be a little too cute with all the passes at that juncture in the game. I don't know why Foster, who had been on his game, didn't get a carry after those 2 completed passes. We had the timeouts and we had, IIRC, roughly 2 minutes left on the clock. IMO, if you run it with Foster and it doesn't work, your team will be around the line of scrimmage, and in an ideal position to spike the ball, run another quick play, or call a timeout. If it does work, the clock is running and you can just call a timeout.

Then again, I'm not an NFL Offensive Coordinator or a Head Coach.

12. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I don't fault him. He tried to be aggressive and TJ made some mistakes that I'm sure he'd like to have back. If we would have ran the ball, people would be complaining about why we didn't throw it up and atleast give Andre a chance. There isn't a right answer, we lost.

Here:

I think they had the right calls, TJ just made the wrong reads and Ed Reed is a hell of a player. He made TJ think one thing and he did something different.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Texans-at-Ravens/39c8b542-49f5-466f-ba55-84ef2a287220

13. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

But hey, I also think we could/should have mixed in the run plays too. There was plenty of time on the clock and we had 2 timeouts. Also, I think we should have thrown short to make sure we got the 1st down. Again, coulda-shoulda-woulda.

14. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I just watched the interview at the Texans web site, and Kubiak said all the right things. You'll learn nothing from watching or reading the transcript on the site, but you'll get a tiny bit of insite into Kubiak. As long as Wade comes back next year, I think Kubiak is the man for the job. If Wade is not coming back, I still don't trust Kubiak to bring in the right DC, hopefully Rick Smith handles that if worse come to worse.

This team is headed in the right direction, but we need another year of Wade Phillips coaching up not only the players, but the defensive coaches as well.

15. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Don't forget the offensive coaches and Head Coach. I think Wade's influence goes far and wide on that team.

16. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Didn't wade sign a three year contract?

17. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I would certainly agree with that. Wade is probably as good for Kubiak as he is for the defensive side.

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Err, that doesn's sound right! :mariopalm:

19. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I've been reading almost all the posts in the Texans forums since game day, my head almost wants to explode. There's a lot of good stuff on this MB, whether I agree or disagree with certain posts. Many of them make me think. I did not single out these two posts for any particular reason; just that they are among examples of a good, healthy MB.

:fans:

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

With the talent that was showcased this year, I bet we wouldn't have a problem attracting a qualified candidate.

Hey, Baltimore's DC, where did he come from?