Kubiak on Adibi

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansSeminole, Nov 16, 2008.

1. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I'm so happy that we are finally playing the linebacker with the most potential on our roster outside DeMeco. He had a tackle for loss last game. This guy is a playmaker, and he was good in coverage in college, so today's game against Dallas Clark should be a test. 223 is light for a LB but he needs to get game experience in his rookie season. Weight can be corrected in the offseason.

2. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I was at last weeks game and got a couple good look-sees at Adibi and he
    certainly is smallish, really "thin" for a LB. You'd swear you were looking at a
    safety. I dunno, if he could just get north of 230 (and stay above that floor),
    that would help.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The thing you worry about if he picks up significant weight, and he will need significant additional weight, is if he can maintain his speed and agility.

4. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

The thing I noticed about him was his exceptional quickness & that he wasn't afraid to get in there & mix it up. However, he did look completely lost out there. I guess his body can keep up with the speed of the NFL, but his head isn't quite there yet. :D

5. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I think his playing weight at Va Tech was in the mid 230's (everything I can find from the draft lists 236). The reason he's down 10-12 lbs. from that is due to illness, so getting back up to where he was shouldn't impact the speed and quickness he showed as a collegiate at all.

6. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I wonder if he will eventually be moved to safety in the NFL.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

It's hard to pack on weight during the season. The guys can't get into the weightroom as much as they can during the off-season.

I would expect that during the off-season he will be able to get that weight back on.

8. TexansSeminole

He looks good out there today. That injury looked like a little cramp. He didn't miss many plays.

Good coverage in that first half. He almost broke up a pass when covering Dallas Clark. 5 tackles in that first half for Adibi.

9. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

I disagree, he has been getting beat on coverage, easily block, and missing some tackle in the backfield. He doesn't look all too good... he just looks like a rookie. Kubiak was right when he said he wasn't ready yet... hopefully he starts clicking towards the end of the season.

10. TexansSeminole

I guess we can agree to disagree. I thought he looked promising for a rookie in his 2nd or 3rd game with significant playing time. Good game by Adibi, finished with 13 tackles. He wore down at the end of the game but hey, it's very early in his career.

11. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

He certainly showed up more than Morlon does I think. Seemed like he was just close to making some plays a few times but came up just short. For the most part the defense sucked though so maybe im being unfair to Morlon.

12. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Not saying he's not showing promise at WLB, just saying he's playing like a rookie LB.. making alot of mistakes. I still have hope for him as our future WLB.

13. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

I dont care how much he wieghs, the guy can play ball. Yeah he made mistakes but its pretty much his first game w/ significant playtime. Feel comfortable with him and Diles on the outsides.

14. TexansSeminole

True, mistakes were expected though. Just look at what Kubiak said at the end of Friday's practice in my original post.

Adibi made some strides today, and I would like to continue to see him on the field for the remainder of the season. That way we can iron out alot of these mistakes before he starts playing games that actually count, because this season is over as far as W-L mattering.

15. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

He got taken advantage of on pass plays and missed several tackles in the backfield that could have changed the game. Still, the fact he was around the ball in the backfield is more than Greenwood ever did.

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

true

17. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

Guys, it was his first time ever starting a game in the NFL, and he did it against Peyton Manning and the Colts. He played good all things considered. At least I noticed him around the ball trying to make plays, which I never see Greenwood do.

18. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

That's the truth, he was at least in position a couple of times. Greenwood shouldn't play again this year unless to spell Adibi.

19. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Gotta agree with you there. I noticed Zac Diles around the ball a lot too, before he got hurt.

20. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    The main difference between Adibi and Greenwood?

I actually witnessed Adibi on the t.v. screen, making a tackle even. Greenwood's tactic of lining up and then finding manholes in the field is funny and all, but a real football player was cool to see.

I'm with the Joker though, interested in seeing what he could bring to safety. Great size/tackling, good speed/coverage...