kubiak might not be the savior

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by bayshorebevo, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bayshorebevo

bayshorebevo Veteran

kubiak was a good hire and i am glad we took him. however he has never been a head coach before so we can not know whether he is going to be any good or not. there is a lot of difference between a good head coach and a good coordinator. just ask dom.

2. Mario Williams

Mario Williams Rookie

"so we can not know whether he is going to be any good or not." So we go ahead and assume he isn't our savior? Logical.

Did you make this topic because you're upset about us not going to pick Vince Young?

Runner likes this.
  3. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

4. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Looks like a thread that can be deleted to me.

5. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

You are right. We should have tried to grab Mack Brown! Darn, we really missed the boat on that one...:rolleyes:

6. real

real Guest

You all are silly...First you accuse him of assuming, then you turn around and do the same thing...wow...has the atmosphere gotten so bad on this board that you all start jumping down peoples throats and finding hidden agendas when all this person was trying to do was talk about something different ???

7. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Wait - are you suggesting that people read between the lines, spin what they hear beyond recognition, and make up conspiracy theories to suit their own agenda? On this board?????

9. real

real Guest

No.

10. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

32 NFL Coaches were never a NFL Coach before they became a Coach in the NFL.

11. real

real Guest

I have no comment for all of that, My question was..."has the atmosphere gotten so bad on this board that you all start jumping down peoples throats and finding hidden agendas when all this person was trying to do was talk about something different ??? "

Now you can read between the lines like the other previous posters or you can take it for what it is...

12. Runner

I was joking. I think everybody might want to turn it down a notch.

13. real

real Guest

I know...I was joking too

14. bayshorebevo

bayshorebevo Veteran

all i was saying was that people are jumping up and down like they are positive we have the next vince lombardi. i hope we do. just saying we have no way of knowing that yet.

15. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

While I have to admit it, the Texans will probably sign DC's option contract and we will be stuck with the loser for 3 more years. But, they haven't signed it yet. And it ain't over 'till its over.

16. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I really hope Carr learns quickly from Kubiak and hits the ground running this next season... otherwise we are going to have to deal with the Carr haters for MONTHS more after the offseason is over.

17. real

real Guest

You are right... I don't really have any comments about the Texans at this point...Of course as a fan I have several preferences, but at this point I'd rather read and observe...

18. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Yeah yeah what ever. VY has never been a pro QB but you don't mind singing his praises. We don't know if he will be any good or not either. Lot of difference between being a good college QB and a good pro QB. I am sure that whatever team drafts VY has room on board for you.

19. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis are just some examples of people that can turn franchises around!!!! Lewis was a defensive coordinator and he has one of the most exsplosive offenses in the league!!!!Your argument is weak!!!

20. Runner

I think we'll be all right. This past season has made everybody extremely negative. I think the majority of people here think the coaching was a major problem in 2005; well, the coaches are gone and it looks like we're getting at least a competent staff to replace them. However, last season has left such a bad taste in everyone's mouths that many seem to think we are still going to be just as bad without a major overhaul in talent - in other words they don't really trust the coaching was the cause. They know it in their heads, but not their hearts.

I don't think that the talent is that bad. I think our players were much closer to the almost .500 team of 2004; I'm confident they will be eager to show that in 2006. We have decent players, we'll now have decent schemes and we'll put the best players on the field - two things our coaches didn't do last year.

So with the good coaching and just one or two good acquisitions, I think we'll be at least .500 next year, with another good leap in 2007 as everybody gets comfortable as a team and is ready to let loose.

We need to put 2005 behind us - it was the aberration caused by coaching. If we have to consider the slide at the end of 2004, that was the coaching too.