Kubiak is no different from Capers

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ibar_Harry, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I'm ticked, because we have been lied to again. Here me out before you start foaming at the mouth.

When Kubiak came here he said he would do what the players do best and are best at and capable of. Lefts talk about Indy for a moment. They have absolutely zero running game. What do they do? They use their strength the passing game to get the job done. The run is a side light to the rest of the game just like the 49ers of the past.

Folks we are in the same position. We have excellent wide receivers and TE's and what do we do? Of course you have to run the ball to Pass. That is absolute BS. Kubiak has the same 1 dimensional approach. If you can't run then its time to try the other avenue particularly when your strengths are your receivers. We should be stepping back and passing on every down instead of running twice and then getting into an obvious passing situation. Sorry, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing and its time that all of these coaches wake up.

Defensively we have no clue. We are being eaten alive by a very good QB. However, we have seen the same think in two games and they have stated they are not going to try to put pressure on the QB. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm sorry, but I'm extemely disappointed in what I'm seeing.

You are going nowhere with the current play calling. They are going to call all of the plays and get results like this. Why not let Carr call his own plays it can't be any worse than what we are seeing. Let AJ and Moulds come back in the huddle and tell Carr what they think is open. The two times in the past we did that we were successful. I have never liked coaches calling the plays. I have always wanted the QB's calling the plays and the coaches telling them what they are seeing when there are problems. There are simply two different perspectives of the game. What the QB may be seeing at ground level is very different from an overhead view. However, if the QB can
    t see it because of what the defense is doing, then you need to do what they can see.

2. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

It is not Kubiak it is that P.O.S. QB. David Carr "Fairy Princess"!

jerek likes this.
  3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

This team is worse than last year. Careful what you wish for...

4. RocKetHtown

RocKetHtown Rookie

babin and peek at ends and Bush at RB makes david alot better

5. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Are you kidding me? No running game? What are you talking about? Addai will have atleast 1,200 yards this season, do you have any idea who he is?

6. texan767

texan767 Rookie

Yes, they sure are running & passing on Carr, too!
    Jeeezus! Will he ever get a sack, either?!?!?

I wonder what David or Jimmy Klingler are doing these days...
    :sarcasm:

7. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

He's already got that in this game all by itself.

8. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I made this post earlier but the mods deleted it

9. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Kubiak tried throwing the ball at least.

10. GoTexans

GoTexans Rookie

Yeah it's all Carr's fault

22/26 209 yards, 3 TDS, 0 INTS.

LOL.

11. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I'm going to stay out of the Carr bickering, etc. but for the record, Kubiak is very different from Capers. We have a lot to work on, but they're not in the same universe as coaches. Offensive playcalling, while not as successful as we would like to see so far, is night and day different.

Defensively I agree that we are seeing too much Fangio and not enough adjustments right now, but comparing Kubiak to Capers is totally inaccurate and knee-jerk at this point.

12. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Fairy Princess? Where the hell do you people get this stuff from?

I was trying to leave you negative rep but accidentally hit Enter. So thank me later.

13. TFL

TFL Veteran

It will take kubiak a little bit more then 2 games to fix a 2-14 team this year will be tough, but it is hard for ANY coach to turn a 2-14 team to look good or even decent.

14. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

All in garbage time. Carr choked when it was actually a game.

15. It wasn't Carr the choked for 43 points....but hey, call me crazy

16. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

dont get too mad...when 2 13-3 teams :rolleyes: meet, 1 will lose:tease:

look i put forward a motion that you replace GK right now for coming up with that ingenious new gameplan that 80% of head coaches wouldnt think of...nevermind GK...what an idiot he is how can he not see it..its so clear- good qb, good wr, good te's, good o-line......oh wait!!:superman:

17. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Yeah, Carr put up his number only in the 4th lol!

Starting off, this team looked like a Capers team for sure.

18. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Again, I keep saying the strength of this ball club is the WR's and TE's, not the runnig backs. We are a pass 1st run 2nd ball club. When someone finally understands this we will win games. I'm sorry, but we use the passing game like a running game to get people beyound the line of scrimmage. The Colts know what they are doing and are adjusting.

Their running game will appear better than it is just like when the 49ers had Montana. They got a lot of yards running, because they were afraid of the pass. We have the same thing. Our RB's are effective when the other team is looking for the pass and not the run. We have average runners at best at the present time although I have hopes for Gado.

Defense is a another story. I can't figure that one out for the life of me. Offensively we could get in some shootouts and that's what they would have to be. I'm very disappointed in the inflexibility of the coaching staff at this point. Please, do what your players do best, not what you think is best.

19. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

By the way I'm ticked because I believe we can be good offensively and we are going in the wrong direction. This ball club has suffered too much to be put through the same Mash experiment again. We have some talent on this ball club and I don't want to see it wasted.

Cure our offensive woes and then move onto the defense. That is going to take a lot of brain storming. Again, I certainly think we are a whole lot better than we are playing. Something is terribly wrong again. I can't put a finger on it, but something is just not right.

I'm not saying we are a number 1 defense, but there is no reason for us to be allowing the points we are.

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I knew this was coming and I've been dreading this thread since the game ended.