Kubiak is a hypocrite... please...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Shaft75, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

This ***** hasn't taken into account the last two years that Kubiak has coached the Texans I guess??? I read this site everyday and this is the dumbest item I have ever found on there.

2. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Is there a link to this that works?

3. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

I put the URL in the wrong spot...

Fixed...

You could probably just google "desperate journalist reaching for a story" and find his work.

drewmar74 likes this.
  4. real

real Guest

Wow....

What an abundance of ignorance...

Comparing a chop block off the line to the chop block Green laid on Johnson only proves that your football experinces are limited.

Especially since the whole debate this week has been about how ethical the block was...

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yeah, chump journalism, but this pic is funny!

[​IMG]

drewmar74 likes this.
  6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

The ONLY part I agree with:

Exactly what I said in another thread.

7. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

You know this is just a wanna-be sensational article that isn't sensational.

He whiffed on this one.

I see where he is going on his theory, but his execution is lousy. The editor should have bumped this one.

There really is no reason a Texan fan to get upset over this, much less Kubiak.

8. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

It's the same site that reported that Amobi Okoye was going to be a bust. That's how the guy built a reputation with his website - he threw every single stupid rumor out there, and eventually a few of them turned out to be true. Sadly, it's how journalism works these days.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I don't think that Kubiak even teaches the cut block as a mainstay...it was always a big part of Alex Gibbs teaching techniques. Gibbs was the OL coach for the Broncos for much of Kubiak's tenure. I remember discussing this way back when he first started since many argued that you can't really run his zone scheme without it...but our blocking scheme is more power man (Sherman influence) than zone blocking.

10. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

I guess that explains why our running game is garbage.

11. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I don't know...it might be hard to sort through all of Richard Justice's crap to actually find what you're looking for.

Double Barrel and Specnatz like this.
  12. Specnatz

Running game is garbage because it is Run "freakin" Dayne and a center who needs to retire 3 seasons ago.

drewmar74 likes this.
  13. False Start

False Start On # 69

lol:

I just ignore guys that write crap like this . They don't have any idea what they're talking about and just spew off a bunch of nonsense .

14. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

The guy does have a point. Kubes build his career on being a "Offensive Genius", which he earned because his offenses did so well because his linemen went out every game with the intent to cheap shot and injure their opponents.

Do you really think he just got the job by making coffee for Shanahan and taking credit for Elway and Young's careers?

True, but their is also a difference between a simple chop block and being held up by one OL while a second one spears the back of your knee with his face mask. Broncos linemen (and many zone-blocking teams) attempt to cheap shot and intentionally injure their opponents. Look no further than a Bronco trying to cripple a Charger by going for his knee facemask first on a QB spike! The Bronco missed and Olshansky punched him in the back of head, promptly getting ejected.

15. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yeah, that sure is a fair assessment of Gibbs' blocking scheme--not. PS--Gibbs' responsibility for the blocking is well documented.

Which isn't even at issue here or in Denver. A chop block with high and low hits is illegal and has been for quite a while. It is not the controversial block employed by Gibbs' OL's. That system employs cut blocks on the back side of zone blocking plays to seal off a cut back lane and they are perfectly legal.

16. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

That was money. Summed up my feelings in about 10 words.

17. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Can someone tell me what MDS is in the referring article?

18. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Michael David Smith from PFT. I read PFT religiously, but just like anyone else, they have takes that I don't agree with.

I haven't really weighed in on this one yet, but here goes (with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.)

It's a no-brainer that Trent Green shouldn't have gone for that block. All he needed to do was try to knock TJ off of his angle of pursuit. That probably would have required a two-handed shove. Cut blocks end careers...and it looks like that one did as well.

TJ brought a lot of this on himself by yelling at a knocked out Trent Green and then talking trash after the game. The way he handled the whole thing just defies common sense...but we are talking about TJ here. He isn't getting paid to be courteous.

In the big scheme, I don't approve of eitther side of this incident. However, I don't really dislike all the national attention that this incident has caused. The Texans have been devoid of personality and identity since they came into existence.

19. Specnatz

WellMr White said what it stood for and this whole time I thought it ment

"More Dumb S**T"

20. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you