Kubiak in the spotlight in '08

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Maddict5, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...di/08/01/frankly.football/index.html#?eref=T1

im really glad kubiak is starting to great some recognition.. ive been a big fan of his since day one (even during the rough patch last year-SD,TEN etc) and sincerely believe we should (and will) keep him arond for a long, long time

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Aren't all the kudos wonderful this time of year?

:sarcasm:

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

It's been a LONG time since I truly believed in our local pro football team. How long, you ask? Since the days of Bum Phillips and Love Ya Blue. I mean, you just had to love Bum and the days of Earl Campbell.

I really believe we are gifted with a pro franchise with good leadership and class. Not that I don't have some questions about certain of our players, but ya know, no matter what happens, I believe Kubiak will lead us to the promised land. A Super Bowl title is in our future folks, believe it 'cause it's true.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Getting some good rep in the media is very nice. But the team still has to go out there and perform.

5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

I'm starting to feel the same excitement this year as I did our first season...okay, so I kinda knew the first season would be a typical expansion year first season, but it was football in Houston. And there were a lot of things to look forward to.

This is the first season that I'm not expecting disappointment or a "rebuilding" year.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

That win over the Cowpies was worth all the crap we fans have had to watch since ....

7. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

I didn't really get it back then. I was a born-again football fan, having really lost interest in the sport after the '85 Bears. And not being a native, I didn't really understand the pure pestilence that is the Cowboys and their fans.

Now I get it. Oh yes, yes I do.

8. Dancerdog

Dancerdog Rookie

Is that Kubiak in the spotlight or the hot seat? LOL! Just kidding. I believe Gary will be around for many years to come. He and GM Smith have made tremendous strides with the garbage left in the wake of Capers/Casserly. Here's to a great season and our first trip to the playoffs! I'm so ready!

9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The only thing better than having Kubs and company run our team is watching them whip the Cowpies in a Super Bowl. :texflag:

We Shall Overcome the evil that is the Cowpies and their fans and we will bask in glory at their expense!