Kubiak Gameday Mistake Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by GP, Sep 28, 2008.

1. GP

GP Go Texans!

1. 1st quarter, doesn't call a time out to get proper personnel on the field. Result: A ridiculous TD that will be played on sports shows all week.

2. Should be coming within the next few minutes.

2. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Kubiak and Co. get schooled on a highschool play with the fake punt. Just inexcusable and this parade of bad football someday needs to end.

Just freaking pathetic. I wonder what Kubiak is going to say about that play in the presser? I am sure he will just do some aww shucks routine and change subject.

This team is pure pants right now. How about that 5 yard pass on 3rd and Long. Then you get Walter killed, risk a pick or fumble. If your gonna quit on the drive like Kubiak did, just run the ball up the middle and punt. Kubiak is really having a bad year and if this continues, he needs to be taken out with the trash.

3. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

Continuing to kick the ball to the returner we cant seem to tackle.

4. GP

GP Go Texans!

I wonder if the same people who are PISSING and MOANING about Kubiak's bad coaching in the gameday thread will translate it over to this week's texanstalk.com board conversations on the issue of Kubiak and if he needs another season or not?

Or will they fear getting flamed by the few on here who think it's ridiculous to question the status quo?

One thing we know for sure: McNair gives his coaches and players a lot of leash.

Second Honeymoon likes this.
  5. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

just do anything in that situation. call a timeout, jump offsides, anything. Couldn't they tell that their FB was in as the Punter? The guys aren't even the same skin color much less the same number. Is it that freaking hard to figure out. Just unprepared and listless. Oh man this is just sad. Then after the play Kubiak is standing there with his hands crossed saying nothing. Just flatlining pure usual. You need to get in someone's face after that. The team came out flat AGAIN and it starts up top. This Kubiak era couldn't end soon enough. I guess we have to spot each team a lead before our team even shows up much less competes.

Just utterly and profoundly pathetic...I am going to throw up now.

Where are the Kubiak apologists now? Was the fake punt Ike's fault too?

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Not defending Kubiak but everyone on the sideline should have been yelling . Kinda shows you where were at right now .

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

I see that. That's valid.

A player on the field needed to signal the TO.

8. GP

GP Go Texans!

1. 1st quarter, doesn't call a time out to get proper personnel on the field. Result: A ridiculous TD that will be played on sports shows all week.

2. Bad playcalling by Shanahan/Kubiak in the red zone. Again. Surprised we didn't go for it on 4th down. Marciano & Co. helping Texans fans stay sane. Again.

9. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I'd like to see a replay to see if anyone was jumping up and down trying to get someones attention .

10. TexSon

TexSon Hall of Fame

whoops, wrong thread

11. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Su-per! Super Bowl Itch... I'm just full of songs today. And Max just had a good barking fit. :)

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Kubiak must have gone to the bathroom, we drove the field and scored a TD.

13. Ckw

Ckw Guest

You would find something to b**** about even after that excellent drive.

We get it! Kubiak sucks! Now why don't we just focus on winning this freakin game and stop whining!

14. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I love this thread you have a Carr apologist and a VY apologist hating on a coach who got rid of both. :spit:

15. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Yep. They probably were yelling for a TO, but the players were probably confused on what to do. The only thing I blame Kubiak for on that was not going over that kind of situation during practice. A TO should be a no brainer with that kind of mismatch though. I blame the players for that.

16. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

That guy has to be one of the most annoying poster on this board. I just tend to skip over his post anyways so whatever.

17. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

Try to nag a little less and enjoy the game.

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

Talk your smack when we're in the playoffs.

Otherwise, keep it in proper perspective: We had our FIRST real drive of the year that resembled a real football team. I'l believe we're "better" when I see it sustained over a long period of time, thankyouverymuch.

I don't need to run my posts through YOU to post them.

19. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

Besides that fake punt td, i think Kubiak and co's play calling has been great. Andre Davis was only a self trip away from a long TD score and that Slaton out wide play call was brilliant.

20. Ckw

Ckw Guest

You talkin about GP or me?

I'm not telling you how to run your posts. But for the last week and a half you have done nothing but rant about how much we need to get rid of Kubiak. Don't you think on gameday you could at least focus on the game and do your Kubes bashing the rest of the week?