Kubiak calls out Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by NFLforher, Aug 8, 2006.

1. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4101013.html

"David has to practice; you can't come out here and practice like that," Kubiak said. "Guys have to help, but he's the ringleader every day, every practice. I expect a lot out of him, and he knows that.

"I was hard on David today, because our offense goes as our quarterback goes. When he practices well, we practice well."

2. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

Kubiak is like "Mr. Football Psychologist." Later in that same article he was talking about PBucs hamstring and he said they were going to take it easy on him, yada, yada, yada....then he says that he told him that Sanders was playing well.....kind of a you better get your stuff together comment

It's a head game. He's not pushing 'em....he's making them push themselves and they probably do it without realizing he played 'em

Porky likes this.
  3. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I don't think it is as much calling him out as it is just holding him accountable for his actions.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

just Kubiak being Kubiak [​IMG]

5. Scooter

Scooter Funky

we will win 4 games this season purely because of kubiak. i have no doubt that the talent level will get us atleast another 4+.

houston, we have a coach!

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

flash back to last pre-season & remember how poorly the Texans performed :backsout: well the debate rage'ed about the importance or lack there of pre-season football, come to find out that is exactly how the Texans played during the regular season :brickwall

finally someone gets it and a more professional smell is in the air......success :trophy:

7. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Kind of reminds me of a Parcells mind game. And I don't think that's bad. Carr's the guy in Houston and he earns accordingly. In Texas, we call it lighting a fire under ...you know.

I'm glad that we at have a coach who at least has a pulse nowadays.

8. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I don't think it is game playing.

Basically, he said that Carr had a poor morning practice. Later that day, he liked the second practice more. He's not going out of his way to say these things--it is in response to questions after practice.

He is saying what the truth is.

It ain't a Parcells kinda thing--I can't imagine Kubiak referring to a player he didn't want to draft as "she."

You want a competition so fierce in camp that actual competition seems like a relief.

9. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Heres what he said at the next practice that day. I am sure you just forgot to post them.:brickwall

10. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

I can't believe it has taken 4 years for Carr to be yelled at for bonehead moves and not giving a 110% (etc.) at practice.

Way to go Kubiak -- wake him up, this is the NFL...

11. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I kinda agree with this. Kubiak does remind me of a Parcells lite.

Parcells busts you down and breaks you. Kubiak seems like he is doing something similar but throws in positive comments.

I am excited about the change. Anything is better than last year.

What time is the game this weekend?

12. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

McClain wrote an article about Texans football and only Texans football, and didn't mention Vince Young.

Well done, John.

13. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

On September 10, 2006, we shall see what all the coaching has done for Carr.

This will probably be his biggest game thus far as a pro.

I think his play that game will be a good predictor of his play for the first half of the season, good or bad.

14. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

I agree. It's time to see what he has, and it sounds like Kubiak is giving him all he needs to start playing.

15. TexanBearkat

TexanBearkat Rookie

I'm shocked that McClain is able to write an article on anything without mentioning Young. I would imagine when he discusses the Astros he states what they need is a Vince Young in there to give their offense a bit of a lift.

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Kubiak seems to have a little Jimmy Johnson in him.

Overall though, he has to tell them like it is. He is new but the team is not and it is time that they start playing like vets and come to play. As a coach you have to set standards knowing that your job is more likely to be in jeaopardy than the players with their contracts.

17. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

So Travis Johnson won't be a waterboy named "Chubby Checkers"?

18. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

I'm just happy to get something more the "we need to execute better".

:whip:

19. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The Broncos with a new QB in Jake Plummer started off 4-1 in 2003. Then Plummer was injured and missed the next four weeks and the Broncos went 1-3. Plummer returned for Weeks 11-16 and the Broncos went 5-1.

Jake's first game was a disaster stat-wise - 0 TD's, 3 Int's and only 115 yds passing and a rating of 21.7 - but the Broncos still won against a terrible Cincy team. After that game, his TD/Int ratio was 15/4.

edit: I amend my "terrible Cincy team" comment since that was Marv's first game as a head coach and they went 8-8 that year. I was thinking of the previous year when they were 2-14 under LeBeau.

infantrycak likes this.
  20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

"Lite" being the key word here. The Tuna has a good 100 pounds on Coach Kubiak. ;)

I agree with texan279's statement - "I don't think it is as much calling him out as it is just holding him accountable for his actions."

Kubiak is a no-B.S. item, and he's not going to sugarcoat his thoughts to avoid hurting someone's feelings. He's got a franchise to build, and it can't be done if emotions are involved. His HC career depends on a functioning QB who is consistent in practice, which leads to consistency in play.