Kubiak 2011 coach of year?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Wade Phillips turns defense as around as he has other teams and Gary Kubiak is able to focus on the offense and do his thing. Few will disagree that Kubes is an offensive guru & the O has looked good last few years and despite losing LT Duane Brown for several games, OD coming off injury and JJ missing some games due to injury in 2010. JJ may not return but the others should have better 2011 & don't forget how good Joel Dreesen looked. I'm thinking O will be even better now that Kubes knows what he has in Foster & that Arian can catch the ball. Only ifI see is if Tater Salad is all that he can be. This big fast RB could give us a 1-2-3 punch like no other team has had in my memory.

We go 12-4 and Gary could be coach of the year. For me this remains Kubiak final shot at doing what he was hired to do. Build a perennial play off machine.

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

Agree. I do believe now that kubiak has someone who actually knows how to run a defense we will be a big time contender. BUT if we do turn it around and make the play-offs and possible more i think Wade is the man you can think for that.

3. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Alright we're getting ahead of ourselves now.

4. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

But dont we every season :hurrah:

5. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

this

6. gary

gary Hall of Fame

My marijuana is not as good stuff as you guys but this should be a do or die year for Kubiak it has to be.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

maybe but I also get criticised for my early mocks of draft. Season will be starting soon so why not make predictions?

8. jshabang

jshabang Quality Backup!

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

19-0 :trophy:

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

What made Denver's offense exciting to watch, was their "go for the throat" attitude. Just when the other team thought they could relax, it's the first play of the game, Denver had a big lead & was going to run the clock out..... Bam, Denver would kick them in the gnads with a big play. Either break a big run off the cut-back lane, or give them the rope-a-dope with the play action pass.

Kubiak's too damned conservative. & personally I think conservative is the wrong attitude for a young team of Alpha-Males.

& so is Wade.

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

TK, I'm going to McDonald's and getting you a damned Happy Meal. You need to listen to the "Happy,Happy,Joy,Joy" song, man.

IBleedTexans likes this.
  12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Is a UFL team hiring Gary?

13. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

14. Clamp

Clamp Rookie

If the Defense has a turnaround and performs well but we still miss the playoffs and Kubiak gets the boot, is Wade just gonna be moved up into the Head Coaching spot? I really hope not bc while he is a great coordinator, i think its become pretty clear that he isnt any better of a Head Coach than Kubiak. We will just end up making excuses for him based in stats for another 3 years or so. If Kubes goes then we HAVE to get a person for outside the organization. But when he was hired everyone was saying that he was an insurance policy in case Kubes had to go.

I realize this is the complete opposite as the original point of the thread but I just wanted yalls thoughts on Wades future here.

15. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

This....... part of the reason I loved watching the Saints SB win, I loved the on-side...... NOT because it worked (that it worked only proves it was the right call) but because it took HUGE balls to call that. Knew they had to do something so made the call to give his guys the chance.

Do I want someone wreck less...... NO! but this league is not won by the faint of heart (usually), IF the Texans were at the SB and needing an equally gutsy call...... I think we would ride the conservative coat tails all the way to a loss or an ALMOST come from behind only to leave with a "well at least we were there" consolation.

I do think they will be much improved, dont get me wrong, but COTY? COTY!?!

I said it before in another thread, I fear Wade being moved to HC would be a can of worms best left unopened (emotional ties). He would be a slight upgrade from GK but...... IF the slot is opened, why settle for a slight upgrade and more years of excuses when you have the opportunity to chase great?

16. Clamp

Clamp Rookie

I agree. Wade has shown he is competent, be we need more. We need someone who will bring a little more toughness to the team. Mental and physical toughness. I'm tired of losing games bc we couldnt close even though we had the lead.

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

If Kubes goes imo Wade is next HC.

18. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    lol....mine's pretty good and i don't buy it either...

19. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

I hope so. I just can't bear to watch us lose numerous close games that should be Ws.

20. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

This. I think Wade's multi year contract is going to kill any chance of Cowherds coming here.