Kubes is the problem

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by brickman, Sep 25, 2008.

1. brickman

brickman Rookie

He's the man in charge and it all starts at the top. Bad decisions, poor game plans, and players that lack heart. I'm sorry, you may not agree, but he needs to go (it's just my opinion, so don't jump all over me). He has done very little to turn it around. We were embarassed by Pittsburgh and really made way too many mistakes against Tennessee. Let's face it .... even if we all hate it ..... we are the Titans B******s (especialy Haynesworth). But at least we have squeaky clean players .... we'd be going to the Super Bowl every year if we played in the Choir league instead of the NFL. We need some spark and that starts at the top with a coach who's got some balls.
    Look at when Slayton got buried after the whistle blew and Walters (a wide receiver) was the only one to come over, shove somebody and let them know that he's not going to stand for it. It's called toughness and you don't need thugs for that, you just need character (guts). Our big, tough linemen did nothing but watch. Way to support your teammates. They talk the talk, but they sure are not walking the walk. This team needs a shakeup, and unless it starts at the top, it isn't going to get any better. Great teams have a swagger ... this team doesn't even have a shimmy shake.

2. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

I have to agree with you about the lack of swagger.

The question that follows is who would you like to see as the Head Coach then?

Marty Schottenheimer?

3. brickman

brickman Rookie

At least Marty's teams won. But to answer your question, how about Bill Cowher. The owner has got the $$$$$, use it where you can spend it without any restrictions. This alone would improve the team tremendously.

4. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

We've played two games in the regular season and are coming off our best record in our short history. Talk about pre-mature.......geez

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

what happened to the chicken little thread? This is a textbook example. Kubiak was our savior a year ago, now he's our main goat. Go figure

6. Polo

Polo Guest

The way Kubiak carries himself is not the problem. Kubiak has plenty "swag" about himself.

I listen to Kubiak get on the radio and take on callers who really bring it to him sometimes...He stands in there and takes the punches and never really falters....I think he has plenty confidence and I think it shows when he speaks and how he carries himself....

I don't think his veteran players have that in them though and I think that's the problem...The veterans don't have it so you're left with a bunch a bunch of young guys who still haven't figured everything out trying to lead the way...The older vets on the defense are below average as a whole..The young guys have talent...Where are the veterans flying around leading the mad charge? What good defense is lead by a bunch of young guys ?

We're young and our vets over their play uninspiring football. That's the problem. The entire team from the coaches on down need to do a better job at coming into the game pissed off from the first whistle blow.

rollinstone18 likes this.
  7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

2-14 to 8-8 in two years. It's not like we're losing to bad teams at home. We're losing to top ten teams on the road, albeit badly. There's a lot of things I like to see different, yes, but Cowher himself is an example of why you don't give up on head coaches as long as they aren't looking bad for a long time. The least we can do is wait until next offseason, and I believe our attitudes will be different about Kubiak by then. This team should look really good through mid-season, and finish well enough too. We've likely just played our two toughest games of the year, although that remains to be seen. Kubiak is not bungling things as bad as it looks right now. The worst part of all of this is that Schaub is looking more and more like a mistake. Not only is he looking like a career backup, but a worse one that the one we already had.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

:goodpost:

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Beat the Jags and Colts and this goes away. No more "just be competitive" BS in year 3.

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Or maybe win this years Super Bowl ? Honestly I'm only half-joking, because at this point I'm starting to feel like winning both those games is about as likely as winning the next SB.
    This is on Kubiak. This is his QB. This is supposed to be his forte, evaluating talent and particular QB talent. This is the guy who spent time playing with and/or coaching Elway and Steve Young. Then there's also the matter about all of the cap resurces & high picks used on DLine personnel, the unit which is arguably the poorest performing component of any unit on either side of the ball. I mean yikes - still no pass rush !

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That would be great, but, ironically, I have a feeling our first win might be against the Colts this year. That means an 0-3 start.

12. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Why do I keep seeing people say over and over that we were beaten by 2 top tier teams. The only time the Steelers looked good out of the 3 games they have played so far was against us. The Titans always play good defense and they seem to have the Texans number. They are 3-0 but I think Indy will reclaim the division eventually before the season is done.

Can you imagine if the Texans had to play the NFC east this year? Work would be unbearable with the number of Cryboy fans I have to work with on a daily basis.

This upcoming game in Jacksonville will be the game that makes or breaks the Texans this year. It is that critical. Lose and you come home to face Indy with the team in turmoil and fans upset and most likely start 0-4. Win and come home with some confidence to face Indy without Bob Sanders. Slaton left, Slaton right, Slaton up the middle. Dre deep.

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Straight up. 8-8 in his second season, our best record thus far, with lots of injuries to our best players...well, we have to have faith.

Yeah, I vent and rave in the first 48 hours after losing to the Titans, but that is a normal expression of disappointment born from passion for the team. It's the friggin' Titans for crying out loud!

But step away from the ledge for a second, folks. We've got 14 games left, and we have to believe that this team is even more disappointed in itself than we are as fans. They know this fanbase and city needs a winning football team. They understand the importance of the gut check and limiting their own self-defeating mistakes.

The Steelers, IMO, will be in the AFC Championship game if they do not suffer any serious injuries. They are one of the best teams in the AFC right now, so we have to just accept that we got our butts whooped.

Then Ike blows through and jacks with everyone's heads. Players are just as human as the rest of us, and we have to give them a bit of understanding as fellow Houstonians that focus in the face of disaster is not the easiest state to achieve. They could have beaten the Titans, but there were just some mental mistakes - from the QB, to AJ and KW, the HC and just blown assignments throughout the game.

So here we are, game three of the season, and we just have to believe that Kubiak & Co. will do what they've done before. Get this team ready to rebound from a disappointing loss and play some good football.

Besides, we know our owner. Kubiak has a minimum of four years as HC, even if this year tanks. Just accept that simple fact and hope for the best. But more important, enjoy the ride!

Loud, Proud, & Texan!! :texflag:

14. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Our savior? Ha. 8-8 is a savior. Talk about dream land.

15. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

This quote could have been posted after 2 games in 2005! :)

16. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

It's unbelievable how people in here forget that.

17. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

your right anytime we lose our first 2 games in the regular season we should get rid of our coaches, cause of what happened in 2005.

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I don't think people forget that, but at the same time its apples and oranges..

19. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

i think mangment and the coaching plays a little part in the game

but when its all said and done the players and there ability is the deciding factor of a win and lose IMO

20. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Let's have this conversation after week 8.