Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubes in or out? ( This is a will he be fired, not a do you want him fired thread.)

Will Kubes have a job next year in Houston?

• Yes, because the Texans make the playoffs.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Yes, Old Bob is a big softy and can't seem to grow a set.

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Yes, McNair is content with .500 football, hey it's not losing!

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • No, Bob caves in to the pressure from Texantalk.com.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • No, McNair has had it and wants a Lombardi Trophy in his office.

Votes: 31 25.6%

• Total voters
Kubiak will stay, but not for the reasons you listed.

The CBA, no suitor for Gary's contract, and no interested signature coaches willing/available will be what keeps Kubiak in town.

Kubiak will stay, but not for the reasons you listed.

The CBA, no suitor for Gary's contract, and no interested signature coaches willing/available will be what keeps Kubiak in town.

CBA maybe. Gary's contract should not be a concern. Plenty of coaches available. You would probably call both Cowher & Gruden signature coaches.

SB winner Billick

Getting Parcells to run the organization.

Those would be 2 more high profile guys that are available

CBA maybe. Gary's contract should not be a concern. Plenty of coaches available. You would probably call both Cowher & Gruden signature coaches.

I assume Bob is too gun shy to go with anybody but a pedigree coach.

And we have no confirmation that Cowher or Gruden are interested, just hearsay.

Bottom line, Bob isn't going to eat Gary's salary.

We have to trade him to Denver/let him walk.

Bob is going old school with this

hes going to judge kubes on the entire 16 game season

and esp these last two games in Denver and esp the Jgas at home

Kubes has GOT to beat the jags vying for a Playoff spot at home

I think Bob's tendency to play it safe may be what gets Kubiak fired. It seems like the talent pool of available Coaches is just to big this year to not make a move. The Labor deal is just a side show. I think if Cowher is talking about coming back he thinks that there will be meanigful games next year.

Or they want to be getting paid while the NFL is on strike since there won't be any NFL to cover from the t.v. booth!

Bob is going old school with this

hes going to judge kubes on the entire 16 game season

and esp these last two games in Denver and esp the Jgas at home

Kubes has GOT to beat the jags vying for a Playoff spot at home

So you would keep a coach with a 7-9 record, in his 5th year with the team, after previously going 9-7, just because he won the last two (meaningless) games at the end of the season? How is that judging on the entire 16 game season?

So you would keep a coach with a 7-9 record, in his 5th year with the team, after previously going 9-7, just because he won the last two (meaningless) games at the end of the season? How is that judging on the entire 16 game season?

I'm not making an excuse for Kubiak. But if I were McNair, I would remember what it was about this team that made me think we would do better than 7-9 in 2010. Then consider what actually transpired & why the team fell short of expectations.

Then he'll have to decide what would be the best course going forward.

I'm not making an excuse for Kubiak. But if I were McNair, I would remember what it was about this team that made me think we would do better than 7-9 in 2010. Then consider what actually transpired & why the team fell short of expectations.

Then he'll have to decide what would be the best course going forward.

Really? He has had the team 5 years. 5 years! That is an eternity in today's NFL. He has one (1) winning season, and a 36-42 career record. This season he is coaching a 5-9 team that has arguably the best RB and the best WR in the league.

This is going to be either his worst or second worst year as HC. He went 6-10 with the scrubs from 06. Now he might go 5-11 with hand picked players. How is that progress?

Really? He has had the team 5 years. 5 years! That is an eternity in today's NFL. He has one (1) winning season, and a 36-42 career record. This season he is coaching a 5-9 team that has arguably the best RB and the best WR in the league.

This is going to be either his worst or second worst year as HC. He went 6-10 with the scrubs from 06. Now he might go 5-11 with hand picked players. How is that progress?

My point is that it is McNair's decision, & I hope he uses something more subjective than, "it's been 5 years!" Because there is plenty more out there.

Back