Kubes in or out? ( This is a will he be fired, not a do you want him fired thread.)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Big Lou, Nov 7, 2010.

?

Will Kubes have a job next year in Houston?

1. Yes, because the Texans make the playoffs.

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Yes, Old Bob is a big softy and can't seem to grow a set.

35 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Yes, McNair is content with .500 football, hey it's not losing!

35 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. No, Bob caves in to the pressure from Texantalk.com.

15 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. No, McNair has had it and wants a Lombardi Trophy in his office.

31 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I will admit that I have been a Kubiak supporter since it was announced he would be the Head Coach, and although I wish he would get it together, this team just can't put it together with him. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I've lost the faith. I'm not going to get any soap out because a coach should never be let go mid seasons no matter what, unless your name is Wade Phillips.

Looks like next year may be another rebuilding year. I can't take it anymore. I was an Oilers fan at birth, and although they were frustrating at least you could count on a game or two of post season play in spurts, this team looks like it will be a while.

1st try: Experienced Head Coach (Although inept!)
    2nd try: Upstart with solid Head Coach written all over him
    3rd try: ???????????

So Bob it looks like the ball is in your court. You just gave Kubes a new deal, but you're gonna have problems filling the seats next year at Reliant unless you make a change. A last ditch run at the playoffs with out success isn't gonna cut it. I'm glad that Bob gave Kubes the chance to build the team in this age of a new coach every two years, but oh well gotta get over .500 ball in the AFC to make the big dance.

I think he's gone unless they make the playoffs, but I think Rick stay on no matter what.

2. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Unless they suffer a complete collapse there is a 0.000012918958214% chance that Kubiak goes anywhere.

It's probably even closer to zero than that to be honest.

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

See the signature for our next HC. If we win anything less than 10 games, Kubiak should be gone. But knowing McNair, if Kubiak manages to win eight, he'll stay.

4. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

After that first victory over the Colts, I was all ready to forgive Kubiak for the past 4 years of crap. It had been the firt time that this team looked like a Professional football team, and one ready to play at that. Since that time old bad habits have been the norm. I want Kubiak gone.
    However, I am of the opinion that crash and burn or soar to the top, Slow to prepare McNair will bring Kubiak back for another sickening year of "it's on me." I don't see any urgency or need to be a winner from Uncle Bob.
    We won't be rid of him no matter what. That just turns my stomach.

5. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Has always mcnair will evalute at the end of the season

the tricky part is he gave kubes a new deal and with the hold out he might want a HC here to keep his team together yadda yadda yadda

im with him i wanna see how he does aganist the jags and Tenn and on the MNF game aganist the ravens and the TNF with philly

either way like it or not year in and year out the Kubes regime wins more the the capers one who went like 2wins to 4 wins to 6 wins to 2 wins

kubes was like 7 8 8 9

but who knows maybe the next regime will go like 11 wins to 10 wins to 15 wins

6. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I agree; however, there is a real possibility of a complete collapse.

7. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

The real answer is "No, because Kubiak just signed an extension in the offseason."

8. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Last year I wouldn't have believed it. This year does seem like a real possibilty of the locker room being totally lost.

9. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

If Kubiak stays, which is up in the air until the season end, I say that Frank Bush needs to go. A lot of our struggle has to do with our defense not being able to hold anyone below 25 points. It's hard for any offense to win a shootout week in and week out.

10. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

If Kubiak goes. the GM, D Coordinator, O Coordiantor and most if not all the coaches are probably gone.

If Kubiak stays, he may keep his buddy Bush here.

11. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't think that this question can really be answered until the season's over.

I'll take a stab at it anyway. Barring a complete collapse, Kubiak stays, but his staff goes.

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

one goes they all go, its a package deal :pigfly:

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I don't believe he will be fired at the end of this season barring a complete collapse from this point forward. I think that the very best possible outcome would be that Frank Bush is let go along with some defensive assistants and the Texans begin to prepare to rebuild on that side of the ball.

I should add that I think even this degree of change is a very remote possibility at best.

14. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

You would think, but I'm trying to put myself in Bob McNair's head when I answer this question.

And I think McNair loooooves him some Gurry. He'll be looking for any reason to keep him on the staff when the season's over.

The only way that Kubiak stays is to completely throw his staff under the bus.

It's a stretch, but like I said, the question can't be answered until the season's over or maybe when the Texans are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Kubiak made it clear in the off season it was important to lock everyone up two years, so that is your timetable not end of season, one more to go :)

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Based on past inconsistency, this team is as likely to go 8-0 as it to go 0-8. Im still holding out hope for playoffs this season, which would mean Kubiak stays.

Steelers and Ravens are playoffs locks in my opinion at this point.

That leaves the AFC South and one WC up for grabs.
    Indy or Tennessee
    Pats or Jets

All have looked beatable, and we get to play some of them

17. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I only partially agree with you here. I think the coordinators go and maybe even most of the position coaches but Rick Smith stays.

If a new coach is successful and turns Gary's chicken shit into chicken salad then Rick looks good because he acquired said chicken shit. I thinik back in 2006 Bob McNair judged Dom Capers and Charlie Casserly individually and found both of them wanting and complicit in the collapse of 2005. I think he'll look at Kubiak and Smith the same way (individually) but I think Smith has done enough to keep his job.

18. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

The odds are Gary stays and Bush goes. I figure McNair likes Kubiak, the offense is ok in McNair's eyes and it is the defense that needs help. Keep the HC and find a DC giving Kubiak at least one more shot at the elusive playoff season. Unless we don't win another game which is entirely within the realm of possibility. Then I think that Gary has to go - McNair won't have any excuse that I can imagine.

19. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

I can't take the Texans seriously, unless Kubiak is gone.

I've seen enough, and the schedule is what is exposing Kubiak.

Next year, we play the AFC North and the NFC South.

He may be able to hide inside the schedule again.

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

The most significant thing for me about this game was I could not get interested in it. I feel an "Astro" view of this team starting to develop in me. I found myself sitting in front of the television at kick off, almost called my son after the first TD but was then glad I did not. Very soon after Chargers tied up the game I was more into the ribs I was cooking on the grill and basking in the sunshine on my balcony. Foster kept me sort of interested first half but I kept glancing at the tv from the kitchen as I cooked corn and Macaroni and cheese.

I hope all you that have given me grief over my Kareem Jackson comments are happy with his play. Even on the INT he got, KJ was way off the WR and barely caught up. He was rewarded for being bad on the play. Sheesh.