Kris Brown Missed another one !

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS, Sep 1, 2006.

1. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

What gives with this guy already, missed another field goal tonight? Any thoughts on this please feel free.........:crying:

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I didn't get to watch the game but I heard that the FG was blocked. Did you watch it? I dunno.

3. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

lets just score enough TDs and hold the other team to very little so we dont have to rely on him. If only it was that easy though . . .

4. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Thats how the Bears get it done.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I only see the stats. Did he miss it or was it blocked? How far away was it?

6. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

Blocked .... medium range kick in the 35 yard range ..... couldn't tell from my seat if it was kicked low or the blocking collapsed ....

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Found it: (15:00) K.Brown 34 yard field goal is BLOCKED (C.Bennett), Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley, RECOVERED by TB-D.Jolley at TB 29.

Can't really blame him for that one. He did make 3 others, long of 40. Not too bad

8. real

real Guest

Kris Brown is going to hurt us this season....But speaking of kickers...Did anyone see Vanderjacht(sp) miss those two chip shots for the cowboys last night in OT....the game ended in a 10-10 tie....He missed both wide right from 30 yards or so....

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

It was kicked really low. They hardly had to jump to block it from what I saw in the replay.:rolleyes:

10. real

real Guest

Kris Brown will be replaced next year...He has gotten progressively worse since he has been here...

11. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

For you golfers out there, Kris hit a 3 iron instead of a 7 iron.

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

From the way it looks, it might have to be sooner than that. What is that, 4 he's missed? At least they haven't been for the win, yet! Like Vanderjagdt! That guy probably has double the pay that Brown does and he shanked 2 in OT. I'm sure ol Bill was happy about that.:cool:

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Not a good comparison since Vanderjagdt has been playing with a pulled groin all preseason. Some in Dallas are not sure now that he will be the viable solution to their kicking game this year. Alternatives are being discussed.

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

Spot on. The side view shows that this ball has a low trajectory, and never had a chance of getting over the line. This was pathetic. Hes not kicking a 50 yarder here. Get some leg under it damnit!

15. real

real Guest

In the press conference after the game a reporter asked Parcells if he was still hurt...and Bill said that he looked ok in practice all week, and he looked good in pre-game warm-ups...

16. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Kris Brown is going to cost us a game before it's all said and done. He missed anohter one, but the one's he did make wasn't accurate neither.:brickwall

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Groin pulls are not something that you usually get over in a couple of weeks. Not only that, but sometimes they take months of rest to heal. They can return in a heartbeat with the slightest of wrong moves or strain. I would certainly categorize "kicking" as a high risk maneuver. You can restrain a groin pull/tear and not feel the full effects for 48 hours. Practice may go half way decently (playing throught the pain), then game time may be a disaster. After the San Fran game, Parcells had a "talk" with Vanderjadt which neither would comment on. We all know what Parcell's policy on playing with injury is (except for TO of course). This may be one time that Parcell's jugement may not have been sound.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

From what he and Bill both said last night, had no mention of injuries. Bill said he's been kicking all week with no problems. And Vander? said that he just made mistakes and he's going to go back to work to figure out what he was doing wrong even if it took him 100 tries to figure it out. No mention of injury.:shades:

19. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

They showed the press conference live on ESPN .... Bill wasn't happy ... although I'm not sure he ever is ....

20. real

real Guest

Yeah...I saw it on NFL network...they asked him what his thought process was behind not playing T.O untill the third series...and Bill said, "because thats what I wanted to do"...classic