KJ Flea Flicker INT

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by srrono, Dec 6, 2011.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

!st qtr at 12:21 ATL ran a flea flicker play
    KJ was lined up on the left covering Jones. Jones went 10yds crossed the middle HOU safetys both bit on the flea flicker accept KJ who broke off Jones and chased down a wide open R.White and got the INT. If you still have the game on DVR watch the slow motion replay and you will see.

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

If Turner doesn't botch the flip back to Ryan, it's a touchdown.

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I think that was a trick play designed by the D. KJ was supposed to do that. Pretty risky to be having DBs do things like that, if it was really a designed defensive play, but it worked wonders.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yep, that's true as well. The pass was short.

5. txns4lf

txns4lf Rookie

I think Kareem played great that game...one of the best i think ive seen him play since hes been a texan...it doesnt matter if the ball was under thrown he made a great play on an offensive mistake thats why hes out there...also lets not forget about him caving roddy whites chest in when he tried to come over the middle.....great came kareem keep it up

6. Premier

Premier All Pro

IF's dont allow you to assume what would have happened..

7. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

This was a great play and not the 1st time this year KJ broke off his guy to cover someone going deep uncovered.

His play has improved tremendously this year. It is much easier to see at the game than on TV.

The ball was short because Ryan was throwing off his back foot because he got plastered as he threw the ball.

And for those of you in "if this, if that", the last year we were 4 plays from being 10-6. We are making the plays now.

8. Texan_Bill

Brilliant deduction! :rolleyes:

If "IF" were a fifth we'd all be drunk! :wadepalm:

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

There is another play where Jones is wide open coming off the right side. It was early in the game.

Looked like they were playing man, presnap, but as the receiver got to Kj, he allowed the receiver to cut inside & made no attempt to follow him. The safety was nowhere around & Kj was yards behind Jones.

Luckily the ball was overthrown. I haven't studied that play enough to figure out what went wrong there, but something definitely went wrong. I wouldn't say that Kj got beat, because he made no attempt to stay with Julio.

But, I think that is the play that another poster had confused with this INT that you are talking about.

10. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

They do if you're Texan_Bill.

For mere mortals like you and me, you're right.

11. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Just about every turnover is because the offense screwed up somewhere. If Ryan threw it to where Jones was running, that would have been a TD as well and Allen wouldn't have gotten his INT. Most INTs are because of poor throws, miscommunication, or tipped balls. The important thing is our defense took advantage of when the offense screws up.

Good play by KJ for taking advantage of an error on the Falcon's offense.

12. Premier

Premier All Pro

sure.... create any scenario that helps your argument, of course, this is a message board where everyone has to be right and post count = intelligence (you brainiac, you :fingergun: ) still, the facts are...... there was a ball up for grabs and kareem jackson came down with it.. thats what ACTUALLY happened, i dont need to create imaginary situations to give my argument any substance.. i prefer facts over your imagination and ASSumptions..

13. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Look like Matt just threw the ball and was expecting Julio Jones to catch it, but Julio looked like he was running straight and didn't even see the ball thrown. KJ saw it and came back for it.

Matt should have never threw the pass in the first place because I think Julio Jones wasn't even expecting it.

14. Texan_Bill

Bottom line, Kareem and the entire secondary were beaten, badly. It took Atlanta shooting themselves in the foot, not Kareem making some great play. Hell, us old timers could've picked that off. That was the point.

That said, I actually think KJ has been playing better. It's nice to see what a little coaching, some better talent around and pressure on QB can do for DB, although he did almost give up a game tying TD.

15. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

On the 1st play deep that jones beat his man that was KJ being beat, on the 3rd play where again jones beat his man deep that was Joseph on him.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If Matt Ryan wasn't pummeled when he threw the ball, it probably would have been a lot closer to Julio than Kareem.

If you go back to the Kareem Jackson thread... uh, the one where 76Texan defends him... uh, the one with 100 pictures.... well, in one of the Kareem Jackson threads, 76 posts a picture of the defense for a play like that. it's a standard defense for a 2 man route.

The Safety is supposed to drop down & cover the man crossing from the offside (which is the man Kareem is lined up against pre-snap). This makes the QB think there is no safety help. However, the off CB (Kareem) takes the place of the safety by running to the spot the receiver is running. Which there is no way of telling if Kj would have got there or not, he saw the ball in the air & adjusted to it.

With that particular defense called, the left CB (Jjo) has to guard the outside & the underneath, it would be impossible for him to cover every single route, but that is his responsibility, the outside & underneath, so his job at the LOS is to make sure the WR does not get to the outside. He will then fall to a trail position where he can cover the underneath stuff (curls, comebacks, & digs).

I think the play worked as designed including the pass rush getting to the QB.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Here's a diagram/photo of what I think was the defensive playcall.... (Thank you 76 for sharing your knowledge)

[​IMG]

By the way, the last post in that thread was made by me 3 weeks ago. I figured once we started winning, that would be the case.

Never would I have thought someone would bring it up when the one guy who didn't get beat, was Kareem Jackson & he made a play that got us the ball to boot.

If that's not hating, I don't know what is.

18. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

I posted this to give KJ some credit, I nave thought KJ has been mostly under the radar this year accept the NO game where ha was abused. If any cant see a difference from last year to this year in KJ I think they are judging KJ by his past and not his present.

19. Dishman

Dishman Miss Ya Blue

We've winning been much longer than just the last 3 weeks and the Kareem Affair hasn't dissapeared, just move down the block:http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87516&page=7

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  20. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

KJ sucks.. he should have picked that off, ran over 2 guards, a tackle, and then took it to the house. Only then his TD celebration should be a double backflip into the air and land on the goalpost spiking the ball into the net.

/sigh