Kiper's Latest Mock (top 16)

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by kastofsna, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

1. Oakland Raiders, JaMarcus Russell*QB
    2. Detroit Lions, Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
    3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech
    4. Cleveland Browns, Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma
    5. Arizona Cardinals, Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
    6. Washington Redskins, Jamaal Anderson*, DE, Arkansas
    7. Minnesota Vikings, Ted Ginn Jr.*, WR, Ohio State
    8. Houston Texans, Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
    9. Miami Dolphins, Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
    10. Atlanta Falcons, LaRon Landry, S, LSU
    11. San Francisco 49ers, Alan Branch*, DT, Michigan
    12. Buffalo Bills, Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    13. St. Louis Rams, Charles Johnson*, DE, Georgia
    14. Carolina Panthers, Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers, Jarvis Moss*, DE, Florida
    16. Green Bay Packers, Marshawn Lynch*, RB, California

2. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Can we find last years mocks and compare them with the real thing? This IS the 1st mock I've seen where we don't get AP, though.

3. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I have a bad feeling that this one is pretty close...

I do see Cleveland taking Peterson. I just hope it is a nightmare and I will wake up from it sometime in April...

Cleveland needs O help bad. A QB, a RB, or an OL. I just don't know for sure which way they will go...

4. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

It all depends on what Cleveland does. I'm really beginning to wonder if the Texans aren't turning their attention to the plethora of FA running backs hitting the market this year. If the teams wants Levi over Branch or Okoye, I would suspect the trade-down scenario. San Fran or Buffalo may want Branch badly.

5. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

that'll be Detroit my man.

and about Levi, i see him jumping up board come combine time and also becuase he's the only other legit 1st rd OL. and i dont see it being a travesty if we did get Brown though. AP's my first choice though.

and what plethrea of FA RBs are you talking about?? A Green?? Chris Brown? Buckhalter? other ones are restricted FAs that'll want a 1st rounder.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsRB.html

6. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

Docbar I've seen a couple that have us taking Okoye and one taking Anderson but like you said 97% have us taking AP. I like this mock awhole lot better than most need to fix the O-line first then get the skill players.

IMO Petersons value is going to do nothing but go up, we have to face the facts that he is the best RB in the draft and there are seven teams picking in front of us I dont see one letting him slide to #8.

Bad news for the Texans is Levi's stock is going up as well and he might not be there a #8 as well.(dam senior bowl) Last ESPN report I read has Levi as one of the first 15 pick in RD1

Just reviewed this mock again. Does anyone else have a problem with Minn. taking Ginn Jr. at #7 most reports I've seen have him mid-first round(15-25)

7. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Can't remember his name but I think LT's back-up in SD is a URF this year I dont know maybe I'm out in left field on this one, just something about last years FA his name was talked about alot.

8. HomeBred_Texan

Thanks for the heads up... Was still waiting on the coffee pot to brew it's magic potion... I corrected it...

Must be the clouds in my eyes...

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

this is the first mock I've seen that has Tampa picking before Cleveland. I doubt this has been deceided but has anyone heard different?

10. Texans Horror

There are options. Your Footballs future lists several, and you gave two. The biggest possibility seems to be Ahman Green coming from the Packers to play for Sherman.

Dominic Rhodes also is UFA. So is Chris Brown, who might fit well into the current Houston "run by committee" system.

I have heard Thomas Jones could be let go from Chicago.

Everybody's favorite football pothead could be looking for a new place to run.

11. HomeBred_Texan

There are 2 free Agents this summer that teams want and both are Restricted. 1 is Atlanta's back-up QB and the other is San Diego's back-up RB. Neither will make it off there teams right now without costing someone the kitchen sink, IMHO...

12. torontooilfan

torontooilfan All Pro

I cannot see both Detroit and Cleveland passing on Brady Quinn...

Just my opinion.....

13. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

Ahman, you serious? :ok: what would he bring to us that we dont already have? out of all those guys, i'd only consider Rhodes. and of those, none of them really stick out to me as a gamebreaker. only turner, who'll have a 1st rd price tag, is one that'd i want.

and about t jones, why would a team that got to the super bowl with him as RB, not benson, and get 100yds of rushing against a team that hadn't got 100yds on them in 3 playoff games. just doesn't sound realistic.

14. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

it could go either way just as easily. kiper said "3 or 4" for both spots. he just put tampa first.

15. Texans Horror

Currently I am working under the theory that the Texans have no running game and could use any help to raise the bar there. That, and Ahman Green having been plucked from Seattle to play for Green Bay by Mike Sherman, I think, puts him at the top of the list.

Link: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCL/is_5_31/ai_80678721

As stated in the Player News at this link, Thomas Jones could be let go because of Benson.

16. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

I've seen TJ play while at UVA whould love to see him in a Texans Uni. Just dont know if Mcnaire is willing to deal with the Attuide he has. Also I dont know what his contract is like with Da Bears.

17. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Ok, thought NFL might/was having coin flip during Super Bowl weekend, so any ideas when they settle this issue?

w/tampa picking before Cleveland it makes it a lot simpler for Calvin to fall into Grudens offense, then Peterson to Browns @ #4.

18. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

All tiebreakers or coin flips are done at the combine.

19. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Bears will be trying to get back to the Super Bowl. They aren't going to trade their best back just to give Benson a starting job. What has Benson done to show he deserves the nod over Jones? Nothing, nada, zip.

Romeo Crennel has seen Charlie Weis develop QBs first hand. He needs a QB, and he won't pass up a Weis pupil with talent. If Quinn makes it to the Browns pick, that's the biggest lock in the draft.

20. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

I just don't see Brady Quinn dropping to #9 and the Raiders taking Russell at #1. Cleveland may have a tough choice at # 3 between Quinn and Peterson.