Keyshawn Johnson or Eric Moulds

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by barzilla, Mar 14, 2006.

1. barzilla

barzilla Veteran

I've made no bones about the fact that I'm a baseball guy first and foremost, so if this suggestion is out of whack feel free to shoot it down. Does anyone else think we should consider one of these two?

Johnson was cut today and Moulds has demanded his release, so it should be coming soon. I realize that both might be under the delusion that they are number one recievers, but maybe one of them would be reasonable. I would presume they could provide what Givens would have for less.

2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I'm leaning to the delusional and unreasonable. Heavy on the delusional for Meshawn.

3. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

I think Moulds has more left in the tank than KJ.

4. done88

done88 Veteran

As a number two reciever both of those guys would be great. The problem is both want to be number ones and that is not an option. Besides WR is not a problem position for the Texans. Recievers can't catch the ball if it is not thrown. The reason they have so many drops is the few times David does get the ball in the air it surprises them and lose concentration. For this team to be successful the sacks need to be addressed. NOT by recievers, NOT by running backs, but by the O-line and the quarter back. Until both are held responsiable and start to perform at an average level (at least) then we could have jerry rice in his prime to pair up with Johnson and still be a crap team.

5. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

Actually, the Cowgirls have interest in Moulds and T.O....ridiculous.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11827446/

6. el toro

el toro All Pro

You'll need better receivers if you are improving the blocking, which is something the team is clearly after in free agency. Either would be nice as a #2 man.

7. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

We only have 3 WR AJ, Jerome Mathis and Armstrong. So WR is definetly a need.
    And I hope you were joking about the drops. Because that is the worst excuse I have ever heard. I dont think it was a secret that AJ had questionable hands coming out of school and ofcourse we had CBradford.

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

AJ is a long way from being a true #1 go to type of receiver. That always gets everyone mad at me, but at this point in time he is not a TO or MOSS. Yes, he has a lot of capability, but he really hasn't shown he is a guy who can get it consistantly despite all of the defense that surrounds him. TO and MOSS can and do get the ball in situations that are just unbelievable. AJ has yet to show that. I believe the biggest single reason is his hands which I have always questioned. You are either gifted or you are not. Physically AJ is awesome, but his hands leave a lot to be desired. Actually, I think of AJ as a number 2 receiver and that we really need a number 1 WR.

If you want the fur to fly I would suggest the eagles have made TO available and we could pick him up, but he wouldn't probably like our money offer. I would think someone like Kubiak actually could handle TO and TO has been stomped on so much that he might be ready to pull his horns in. He would be an interesting acquisition.

9. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Neither. They are both solid guys. Moulds is still able to make plays, but Keyshawn is little more than a small TE except maybe slower. Look for us to take a run at some guys on the first day of the draft. Thinking Stovall, Marshall, Webb, and Hass.

10. TheIz

TheIz AirMan

can anyone tell me why Keyshawn didn't come into the league till he was 24? Seems kinda weird....... Anyway, I don't think these guys would be worth the money they would be asking for - although KJ wasn't set to earn too much this year ($3.15m?). :fans:

11. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Didnt Keyshawn say he was going to retire when he turned 30.

I would like to bring in KJ for a decent price and for only about 3 years. We could have the KILLER J'S - AJ, KJ, JM, Jeb P, I guess its a sign that we need to draft either Jay Cutler or AJ Hawk.:bag: Ok so Im wierd

12. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Can you imagine what would happen if Keyshawn started yelling at Carr on the sideline. Pass.

Moulds has something in the tank and might be an interesting mentor for Mathis, which I would like to have around. Definitely a #2 role though... wouldn't pay that much for him, and someone else likely will, so he ain't parking his Caddy in Reliant.

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I'd pass on Meshawn.

If we wanted to go after a headache, we might as well go after T.O.

14. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind having him :challenge

15. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Pass on both.

16. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

hmm they trying to load up for or game against them next season,,,well so our we boys load the cannons with weaver and cook,,,,awww ok load the BB gun :brickwall

17. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i think the team will opt to re-sign gaffney and sign kevin walter rather than throw money at either of these guys...remember there are plenty of quality recievers out there in FA...another older guy who could help this team is keenan mccardell...houston native...i know i know homer

18. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

I think Johnson would be nice, but the Texans won't sign him. They will go and get the Sage Rosenfels of WRs and throw big money at him. The guy with little success at the receiver position but has logged time on special teams and is young with lots of untapped "potential!!":brickwall

19. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

id take moulds any day. keyshawn is a locker room cancer and a bad image for any franchise.

20. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

T.O. will not be a Houston Texan because of all the well documented reasons, but would you want him anyway? I would.