Keyshawn Johnson a Texan?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BattleRed37, Mar 16, 2006.

1. BattleRed37

BattleRed37 Rookie

What if Keyshawn Johnson became a Texan? He would complete the Texans offense, with Andre Johnson. It would be an unstoppable duo, Johnson & Johnson.

What's ya'll thoughts on this?

2. Samer

Samer Veteran

If he is willing to be a #2 receiver behind A Johnson then yeah I'd go for it

3. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

That's the only problem :brickwall He knows there are places he could easily go and be the #1 WR. But, if he does come here, he doesn't have to move as far.

4. BeReal

BeReal Rookie

Yes, as long as he knew he would be the #2 guy. I think he would be a good possession receiver and bring a little swagger the Texans sorely need. I would be a little worried about the chemistry, but it is much less of a risk than T.O., although he also doesn't have nearly the upside.

5. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

That would be the worst signing that the Texans ever made. Keshawn is past his prime nothing more than a large target that we would have if we sign putz. Putz is probably faster also. A guy like Brandon Marshall in the 4th or we need to just leave it and take a lower round athlete type guy.

6. Mycco

Mycco Rookie

It would be sweet to land Key, but our track record in free agency shows that is simply wishful thinking. We're caught in a catch 22....Like most others have pointed out on this board...Top Notch talent won't come here, because our team sucks and our GM is content w/ overpaying no-names instead of addressing our glaring team needs.

7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

C'mon. Be serious. Keyshawn is a significantly better receiver than Andre, isn't he?

8. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

:tv:

9. DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net

DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net Rookie

Yeh but wat about T.O.

10. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

My thoughts are....

that I am very glad that this header is more a hypothetical than a news flash.

I was worried there for a second.

If I want veteran WR, I want a veteran who is a good team guy and brings a team first work ethic to the table. Key would not be my first choice to be that guy.

11. c5demon

c5demon Rookie

I WISH the Texans would just make a move. I'm getting tired of all the other teams willing and dealing and we AIN'T!

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Keyshawn should not be traveling down the I-45 anytime soon. I could see him going to the Broncos.

13. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Go look at what the Raiders or Packers have done. Weaver ain't looking so bad now.

14. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

My thoughts: If you are going to tolerate an attitude problem, at least get 90 catches and 1300 yards and 13tds for it.

15. M@DD Mike

M@DD Mike Rookie

Keyshawn thinks he is worth more than he really is. I can't stand him.

16. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

That would hardly complete our offense, it could potentially help it but I think Keyshawn's best days are definitely behind him, and to paraphrase one of the radio guys when he was asked about it earlier this week, a happy Keyshawn is good to have in the locker room, but an upset Keyshawn is one of the worst things you can have in your locker room, and chances are Keyshawn won't be completely satisfied with the success of our team, his role on the team, or some other random thing he can find to complain about if he came here, not to mention he's probably looking for more money than he's worth.

17. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Dont be surprised if he ends up in New Orleans.....He would reunite with his former OC (Sean Payton):stirpot:

18. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Seahawks | K. Johnson interested
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:06:11 -0800

Michael Silver, of Sports Illustrated, reports free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys) has interest in joining the Seattle Seahawks, among other teams.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Wasnt he Originally drafted by the Oilers .... subsequently refused to play for the team (Because they sucked so bad) and ended up w/ the Jets somehow ? .....

20. Koolbrz

Koolbrz Veteran

Key whould not be good for the Texans. When things are not going good he can be a cancer in the locker room. Not as bad as TO, but he can be a cancer. I also believe he will re-sign with the Cowboys. With TO there they will be a contender. No reason for him to leave.