Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kevin Walter

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
K-Dub is one of my favorite Texans. When me and my dad watch the games we always joke about his lack of speed. It all started when Schaub overthrew him in a game earlier in the season and my dad said,"Why didn't he speed up and get under it?" I said,"Isn't it obvious that he was running with everything he had and is just slow?" Then we both laughed and joke about it ever since after he catches a pass saying stuff like,"The defense forgot that he was still running his route because they ran past him." And "Defense obviously overran K-Dub on that play..."

Okay stupid reasons to like him but he's one of my favorite Texans seriously because he's clutch and I like clutch players.

adam

Guero
An unsung hero, indeed. He really stepped it up when A.J. was sidelined and has become one of our more reliable offensive weapons. He doesn't get a lot of noise thrown his way, but I am certainly glad to have him aboard.

barrett

All Pro
totally clutch.

a nickname we came up with:

Kevins Walter.

and my personal favorite:

OPEN Daniels

I know the Kevin(s) one is lame but help me spread the love with OPEN Daniels... it's too perfect!

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
All the 2,3 and 4 guys needed was some targets. They get J.J.'s head correct I'm sure he'll be good as gold. Might have a bad shoulder we don't know about. We'll see. Never want to see our STUD pro bowler go down. But in this case might of been a good thing to give others a chance to shine. Might make his life easier from now on having others the QB can depend on. Still say once a quarter you send the stud deep. I don't care what coverage they are in that's his job. Turn the goose loose. The only thing holding Andre Johnson back at this point is the coach's own paranoia. He ought to be going deep once a quarter.

Another play I'd like to see is a ghost to the post or cone with Daniels. They're loosing him every game. The guy should of had seven TDs by now.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
i'm now more convinced than ever schaub, kubes & sage sometimes get tunnel vision & try to force the ball to AJ too much at times. They've all (KW, OD & AD) been solid for the most part when the ball has come their way & i'm now pretty comfortable in assuming that they can hold their own against their respective defenders. Yesterday, against a top defense was proof of that.

i think it now falls on schaub/sage needing to do a better job of looking for them more & trusting enough in them in key situations to check off of AJ immediately when he's covered up. Kubes has also got to do a better job of calling plays for all of them where they are the 1st options..... Give the defense something else to think about other than AJ.

That is the essence of a complete offense, trusting all of your guys & going back & forth between your options, when defenses scheme to take away the 1 thing they deem will hurt them the most, which in our case is AJ.

LORK 88

Wreck'em Ŧech!
Walter just does everything in his power. It's gotten to the point that I never ask "will he catch it", but rather "how many more yards can he get". It also doesn't hurt that he can throw some pretty good blocks for a WR (he had a nice one against the Bucs yesterday on AJ's TD).

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
A friend of mine swears Kevin throws some dust in the DB's face. He gets so wide open and runs soooooo slow, its about the only way possible.

Chance_C

All Pro
OPEN Daniels
I like it!!

Kevin and Open are key components of this offense. But since this thread is about KW, I'll say that I love his blue collar style. He is a reliable target for whoever is throwing the ball. I can say that I've always liked him, and thought when given the opportunity he would show that he belonged.

keyser

Veteran
As (likely) were Gado and Flanagan, other not-so-great experiments. Good luck, Aggies. Looks like 4 more years of mediocrity for you.
Not to turn this into a Sherman thread, but I think this is will end up being a good move for both the Texans and for Texas A&M. I think Sherman hasn't been too great in Houston, mainly since I think his offensive philosophy didn't mesh well enough with Kubiak's, leading to a hybrid system that wasn't anything too great. Plus, as you mention, there's been too much reliance on old GB players who haven't panned out very well. For the Aggies, though, neither of these things will be problems. I think the situation at A&M will improve quite a bit - I think recruiting will improve and the offense will open up, for a start. We'll see, but I'm optimisitic on both sides of this move.

barrett

All Pro
I like it!!

Kevin and Open are key components of this offense. But since this thread is about KW, I'll say that I love his blue collar style. He is a reliable target for whoever is throwing the ball. I can say that I've always liked him, and thought when given the opportunity he would show that he belonged.
spread the word!!!!

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
posted this in another thread

hes more than that though- he runs beautiful routes and good hands.. and his plays at rb werent too shabby either we all saw the one on champ last night but v oak he ran one of the nicest routes ive seen: he faked a quick in and went on a go route iirc- im sure theres vid of it il find

clock it up to another great hit by kubiak.. i remember he took some crap for that move too in the media (and fans prob)

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Walter reminds me of a good high school player. "Put me in coach, I'll do whatever needs to get done". WR/HB/Punter, whatever. He plays with a great attitude.

It's interesting because going into this season wide receiver was such an issue. With Moulds gone, the Texans had nobody to stand next to Johnson and demand attention from the defense. And yet this same year, the Texans have, IMO, the very best receiving corps they have ever had, by including Walter and Davis. There is a definite presence, and a command of the field, and it's fun watching.

Brandon420tx

Flounder
One of the best thing is our recieving core can be compared realistically to the Patriots.

The Star = AJ / Moss
The Utility Hands man = Walter / Welker
The Deep Thread = A. Davis / Stallworth
The Receiving TE = Owen Daniels / Ben Watson
The Receiving RB = Darius Walker / Kevin Faulk

The only thing we need is a consistant other guy like Gaffney (that was hard to get out) I think Anderson could be close but JJ needs to step his game up.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We don't hear much debate about KW being a viable no. 2 WR these days. :D

I never stopped believing! :texflag:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Yup--pretty hilarious now looking at the folks who just knew he wasn't a legit #2 much less #3.

He just isn't fast enough...
I was one of them so you guys can laugh at me. I just did not see what Kubes saw in the guy. Liked him just did not see him as a two, more of a TE type. As I just said today on another thread, crow does not taste too bad when it is chicken fried and covered in gravy. Some Lambrusco to wash it down. If Walker turns into a Faulk, we all should do the banana.:splits:

Fox

Rookie
I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw him put a move on Champ Bailey last night on that third and three. With AJ healthy we have a really nice WR corp going.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw him put a move on Champ Bailey last night on that third and three. With AJ healthy we have a really nice WR corp going.
None of us is 100% accurate, so I wouldn't worry too much about eating crow. I don't think it's required among fellow Texans fans, and it's all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

The main thing is that we've always been Texans fans the whole time. :cowboy1: