Kenrick Ellis

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by Rey, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Rey

Rey Guest

3rd round?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrZdZFf1dI

The only film I could find of him on the .com was from his high school days.

But dude is a beast and could probably come in and be a rotational player on the D-line from day one....

I think he could be a good starting NG for us too...

Here's some info about him...sorry cant copy and paste.

Also:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1662382

If I'm the Texans I take a chance on this guy. We have a good locker room. I think he would be ok here if they kept him focused. His effort on the field is not a question. Dude has the potential to be a beast and easily the best DT in this draft IMHO.

2. Rey

Rey Guest

He's projected to go in the 3rd round, but I would take him in the 2nd in a heart beat.

If the Texans were ever going to trade down and acquire picks this would be the draft to do it.

3. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind Kendrick Ellis in the 3rd round but I'd rather have Jerrell Powe or Sione Fua in the 2nd round. I worry about Ellis's height, he's listed as 6'05", and tall DT/NT's tend to get stood up at the LOS by OG/C and get under a tall NT's pads thus pushing/standing him up and moving him out of the way much like used to happen with Frank Okam. His height worked against him. You want a guy that can get low and use leverage and strength to get under an OG/C and stand them up and push them back into the QB or collapse the pocket. Powe and Fua are both 6'02 and 310+ lbs.. Fua even played in a 3-4 system at Stanford thus he has experience at the position, has a better build for the position, should be fairly intelligent as far as football players go, and played against a higher level of competition in the Pac-10. Powe played in a 4-3 but his body build is perfect for a 3-4 NT, he's got good athleticism, and he played in the SEC.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

with those red flags my guess is Texans will pass anyway.

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Sad but true. Kenrick Ellis (I always want to put the "d" in his first name) has perfect attributes to be a NT. He has fat boy size (340 lbs), but Ratliff type acceleration of the line. If he played at a FBS school, people would like him better than Fairley.