Kenny Britt - DUI

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by SmoochyTX, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SmoochyTX

SmoochyTX Site Contributor

Click to read more: Kenny Britt Arrested for DUI

2. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

Britt gets arrested at least once a year. How long till the Tacks get tired of his act ?

3. Section516

Section516 Warrior

What the hell is going on..

So many DUI's this offseason.

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

WHY'S EVERYBODY ALWAYS PICKIN' ON ME????............I'LL TAKE A CLUE FOR $100,000, PLEASE.........

[​IMG]

5. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Fort Campbell, that's where the 101st Airborne is at ! Sounds like
    Kenny wanted to be a jumper for a day.

6. GP

GP Go Texans!

OK, enough is enough.

Goodell needs to make it mandatory 4-game suspension for every DUI or DWI a player receives.

They suspend players for using something as minor as ADD drugs...might as well ratchet up the punishment on DUI/DWI and send a message that driving while intoxicated is as bad as getting popped for something on the PED list.

How many times does it take for grown ass men to realize they cannot drink and drive and get away with it? It's sickening. You're endangering your own life and the lives of others. It has to stop, and punishment by Goodell (and everyone groans when I say that, I'm sure) but this has to stop and the league needs to make it stop.

Until then, the little one time, two time, three time baby step program is not going to cut the mustard. ONE TIME and you get suspended for 4 games.

That'll make them pay attention to their drink/drive problem if that comes to pass. Call a freaking cab. A limo. Whatever. Grown ass men acting like idiots.

7. CloakNNNdagger

link

8. CloakNNNdagger

It's getting even more bizarre.

9. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I didn't groan. I'm in complete agreement. As a matter of fact I think there should be a zero tolerance statute when DWI/DUI is the offense. An automatic 6 game suspension, no questions asked. I don't know if that's allowable under the CBA but if these kids knew upfront what the punishment is going to be it should slow this entirely avoidable situation from arising 20+ times in ONE offseason.

As a matter of fact I think he should be suspended until Monday, December third. :D

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I agree. Suspended without pay. Make it cheaper for them to hire a taxi than drive themselves

11. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

I say have them start at a 1 game suspension for the first time (if convicted), 2 games for the second, 3 for the third, and so on. 4 seems like a lot to start with, even marijuana use doesn't receive suspensions until the 3rd violation.

12. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I don't have a problem with one game for the first, but it needs to ramp up a lot faster. If a guy gets 4 DUI's during an NFL career (even a long NFL career), there's no way the NFL should tell him to sit 4 games and then come back and play. Second should be at least 4 games - if not 8, and if there's a third, a full season. Beyond that, something like permanent suspension with a right to appeal after two years (which is pretty much the same as permanent for almost all players).

13. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Britt is a head case...and another good reason why you don't give kajillions of dollars to slackers. Let the Bengals and Cowboys do it. Ok, and the Titans. I'm good with that.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

I'm good with that.

1 game for the first.

Second time offender??? Four games without pay.

I imagine there be some sort of resolution in the next CBA. This has been a very BAD past week or two for the NFL's image.

15. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Screw that, I'd tell the cop let's go strait to the breathalyzer and blood test please, thank you.

16. CloakNNNdagger

Talked to a military attorney. He related that state rules don't necessarily strictly apply to military base civilian DUI infractions. However, the breathalyzer and blood tests are routinely initially requested. If refused, a field sobriety test is then performed. Furthermore, as he put it, even without the aforementioned tests, the DWI may be issued if in the opinion of the investigating or arresting law enforcement officer or other eyewitness, the offending driver is intoxicated, under the influence or impaired.

17. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Good grief! Some of these jokers just don't get it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/09/titans-fine-kenny-britt-for-missing-rehab-session/

18. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Apparently Rutgers has very relaxed educational standards for their athletes. I do not care what forum you use that was even bad for texting.

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

Bud Adams is really putting together a Class A franchise year in and year out.

This is the year I finally got over my hate for Bud leaving Houston.

It's finally dawned on me that him leaving Houston and taking his dysfunctional franchise with him was THE best thing that could have happened.

We wonder why Football Jesus would ever turn on us and have our beloved Oilers leave Houston. I mean, "Why would God do that to us?" But now I know, it was actually the best thing for us Houston pro football fans. It was like draining a swamp once and for all. And then pumping fresh water into it and running an oxygenator so that the water stays fresh.

Now the stinky pond is in Tennessee. This is why I can't find myself respecting Titans fans. They got their team illegitimately, IMO, and they should know in their souls and in their bones that Bud Adams is a scourge and a curse. So if they ignore all of those things and if they threw their lot in with Bud Adams at the beginning, and then continue to root for that team they have now??? Well, I guess they shouldn't act surprised when things get freaky and the win column starts suffering year after year. Duh.

20. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame