Kendrell Bell

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jacquescas, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

Chances are he will be a free agent this year, he is still young (26) and is used to the inside linebacker position in the 3-4. Has good size, coming off an injury he might come cheap. Former defensive rookie of the year. Could challenge Foreman for the starting job. is much bigger than foreman too. 6'1 257.

2. Yea I posted this in another thread and was wondering the same thing.

3. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

I think that Bell would be a good pick up but there is always a certain amount of "buyer beware" with him. Bell does have the skills and system expierence, but he is coming off of injury and has a history nagging injuries.

I am not saying disregard him as a possible pick-up...his value to us just depends on if there are other FAs we are looking to make a run at or what our initial draft strategy will be.

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

I think he will be this years Kearse. JK bounced back strong after a few years of nagging injuries.

I just dont think you can pass up on a player like Bell, who if not injured would be a steeler for life. He comes from the 3-4. We have a need at ILB (IMO) and I think he will see houston for the team it will be in 2005.

5. hou059

hou059 Veteran

why would the Texans puck up another linebacker? What is wrong with the copr we have? I mean to pick up bell would cost a pretty penny and that's money we coudl use on bigger needs. I like the corp we have now, I like Peek comming in to rush the passer, Charlie Anderson seems promising and our starters are solid. Babin has room to grow and who knows about Peek yet but we all know how big his upside is! There are no glaring holes with our LB's.

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Foreman is not that good. Bell would be a huge upgrade.

7. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Bell is good, but I would take Hartwell from the ravens. He is younger and would come cheaper.

8. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

^What he said.

The issues with Bell are/would be the amount of money he is after, and his health. Like Kearse a team on the cusp of a SB could justify the risk Bell might be, but teh Texans, or any team still growing into a potential contneder...he's just to much of a risk and to costly.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I would take Bell in a NY minute. Hartwell would be an upgrade too. Look at the Pats LB corp. They have guys on the bench barely playing, like Colvin, that would be a serious upgrade over our current starters. They have Bruschi, Johnson, Vrabel, Colvin, Phifer, and guys in the wings learning the ropes, like Tully Banta-Cain. The bottom line is that you can't have too many good linebackers. Jay Foreman would have trouble cracking the Pats roster for christ's sake.

10. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I'd love to have Kendrell Bell on our team. We need to replace Foreman ASAP. Improving our front 7 on defense and o-line need to be the main focus this offseason. Throw in TE (could be considered o-line too) and WR and you have our major needs.

11. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I'd pick up Bell in a heartbeat.

12. KeithBulluck53

KeithBulluck53 Rookie

Kendrell Bell would work great for the texans you guys should also hope for woodson imagine woodson, a.glenn!

13. BigTex

BigTex Rookie

Hope 4 Woodson? Woodson is a good athlete but I'd much rather SAVE the money and kepp Dunta Robinson and Aaron Glenn not Woodson

14. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

Kendrell Bell or Ed Hartwell?

15. I can see the point of both sides wanting Hartwell or Bell. Bell is without a doubt a player having more stature. Hartwell is a rising prospect, but not at the level of Bells. Bell plays so hard that he injures himself a bit much, but that is the nature of the beast in being an agressive linebacker in the 3-4. Just look at Ray Lewis, he's a player that lays it all out on every play and has had his share of dings the last few years but there is no arguement that you wouldn't want him. But Bell will definitely have a price. We should have a little cap room to sign a couple of free agents but a guy like Bell is a superstar and will require superstar money. Is it more important to seal up the ILB spot will a player like Bell to replace foreman or prepare for a contigency play for Payne? You can't have both.

16. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

Im not quite sure about this, but for some reason i keep thinking i heard this on ESPN or some other sports program, that Ray Lewis wants a big pay day from Baltimore or he is out... this is definatly wishful thinking, but ray lewis would be one hell of a player to add to the Texans team... him and Peek would be scary to defend... but like i said, i dunno if its true, and its probably wishful thinking

17. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I thought he got his big deal years ago? Look man,if Ray-Ray EVER came to Houston....there would be NO WAY to stop me from gettin a Lewis #52 jersey the 1st day....but hey,I can always start a fantasy draft on Madden 2005 and get him. :heh: But yeah,he got his big deal some years back man.

About K-Bell...I'd take him,hes a good ILB,but his health problems will ALWAYS be a concern. If Ed Hartwell became avaliable,I'd take a look at him 1st.

18. astrofan

astrofan Veteran

OT:Boomer Grigsby would be a much better value than either bell or hartwell

19. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

where does Grisby play now?

20. astrofan

astrofan Veteran

Illinois State