Kendall Wright's Pro day

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by badboy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Ran 4.46 & 4.41
    The 4.46-second performance should go a long way in establishing Wright as a late first-round pick with a likely destination in Cleveland at pick No. 22 in the draft.

Wright earned All-American honors in 2011 with 108 catches, 1,663 yards and 14 touchdowns, finishing his career as the most prolific wide receiver in Baylor history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1114069-baylor-pro-day-kendall-wrights-stock-way-up

Playoffs likes this.
  2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Yep. Kid is a play maker.

Hand timed at the Combine people had him at 4.47. Don't know how they managed to screw that pooch, but NFL needs to fix it. Hurts players.

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

He's still kinda small.

4. Rey

Rey Guest

So is Steve Smith.

5. Blake

Blake MMQB

And he's also a 10 year vet. All im saying is that I prefer a little size and bulk with a WR so you know they can withstand the hits in the NFL and out-leap the DB's.

6. Rey

Rey Guest

Not sure what smith being a ten year vet has to do with him being a very talented small receiver. My point is that I'd rather have steve smith that mike Williams. An I'd rather have Calvin Johnson over both.

I like height too...as long as it comes with talent. But I'm not going to pass up a guy I think is extremely talented just to take a guy that is taller but less talented.

Either the texans think wright is talented enough to take or they met with him to throw everyone off. I'm more inclined to think they have actual interest in him.

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Smith has got a case of the Enrons, so I fully expect us to pass on this ten year talent.

8. Blake

Blake MMQB

My point is that Steve Smith isn't good because he is small. He is good because he has been around the block and knows how to play the game. We obviously think of Wright differently. Yes he is talented, but I think Wright should be selected high second round. An example would be DeSean Jackson who I think was better coming out of college and went high two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

9. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

He was electronically timed at 4.6 because his hand moved first and they use the electronic time as the "official" time.

We all knew he was fast. You don't need a forty-yard dash to prove it. Just watch the film.

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

5'10 1/4 with 39 vertical leap. He historically has gone up against bigger defenders and brought the ball down in traffic. If one watched his games, it was not all RG3. Wright is a baller and so is Jordan White.

11. JimBaker488

JimBaker488 Veteran

And electronically timed at 4.6 because that method always records a slower time.

12. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

So Hill ran faster than 4.46? WHew!

13. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

When did this happen?

14. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

Electronically times are slower, but they should be more accurate. I'm surprised they don't use a set up similar to track and field. Where the timer starts off a gun and and an electronic beam stops the timer.

Wright's slower combine time was due to a poor start, he just didn't get off the line well. The 40 is too short of a race to overcome a bad start.

15. Rey

Rey Guest

At his pro day. It was reported somewhere here on the board and McClain also reported it on 610. Said the texans were the first team he spoke with.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

So what if we use the 4th we got from Philly and somehow use that to trade spots with Cleveland at #22 if Wright is there?

17. Rey

Rey Guest

Huh???

Who said a guy is good because they are small?

My point is that him being small doesn't keep him from being good...and in a lot of cases better than some of his bigger counterparts...

Steve Smith has been good for a while. He didn't just become good with experience. Not even sure what you are saying here.

DeSean Jackson has the talent to be a difference maker on offense and special teams. His ****ty attitue is what drops his value, but the talent is there.

And I don't think Wright and Desean really compare...Wright is a bit more solidly built, he catches balls in traffic better, but he doesn't have the wheels that Desean does.

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Like I said, I needed to see Wright to run a 4.37 consistently to put him the first round (or at least a consitent 4.39). He didn't.

19. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

Why a 4.37 specifically? Walterfootball had him at a 4.41 at his pro day. In a track meet a .04 difference would essentially be a photo finish. Why would that infantessimal difference in speed make any difference on a football field?

20. otisbean

otisbean All Pro