Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ken Hamlin FS

atariworld2639

Practice Squad
coming off his head injury he posted some pretty gaudy numbers showing that a street sign to the head isn't going to slow him down.

G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
16 96 75.0 21 2 3 63 21.0 37 0 8

He also posted 1 forced fumble. Now I wouldnt mind picking him up, and he's no LaRon Landry, but I think this would be an ideal pick up for our secondary.

Imagine Hamlin, with Earl / Landry, with Robinson and Faggins / possibly Chris Houston or McCauley?

if we go the rout of picking a CB in the 2nd Round of course, other wise we keep Faggins.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
I was really hoping that he would have made it to Houston by now. He is smart, physical, makes plays on the ball, can play both run and pass. Sounds like he is what the Texans are looking for.

I am sure there is some reason he hasn't come yet, either the Texans are not interested or he doesn't want to play here or he wants a Charley Casserly type contract.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I dont think we've had any FS in town for visits yet...which tells me they are targeting a FS early in the draft

OR

They could think we're set though (I HOPE NOT!!!)

keyfro

Veteran
if we are left with the choice between having hamlin play FS for us or drafting landry to play FS for us...i'll take landry hands down the better player

Dunta_23

Rookie
I dont think we've had any FS in town for visits yet...which tells me they are targeting a FS early in the draft

OR

They could think we're set though (I HOPE NOT!!!)
When Kubiak came here he said that he thought our secondary was a strength on the team and thougth it was solid....Lets hope he rethinks those comments

C

Ckw

I really think with the moves he's made so far, he is smart enough to know that our safeties are extremely weak. Earl is decent, at least he can knock the crap out of guys, but C.C. Brown was terrible. We need a coverage FS to go along with our hard hitting SS Earl. I'm sure we'll do something to upgrade the position.

mancunian

Old Timer
What do you guys think of Deon Grant?- the ex-jags guy is a FA. I know he has visited Seattle not sure if he signed any where yet.

TwinSisters

Veteran
What do you guys think of Deon Grant?- the ex-jags guy is a FA. I know he has visited Seattle not sure if he signed any where yet.
The Hawks signed him. Grant signed because the team makes the playoffs.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003609154_hawk09.html

"One reason I considered coming to Seattle is the fact that they've been to the playoffs for four years straight," Grant told the Florida Times-Union Thursday. "They're definitely there."

Grant flew to Seattle along with new defensive end Patrick Kerney on Tuesday, and Kerney said he used their time together on Paul Allen's plane to pitch him.

On Thursday, Grant decided to join Kerney with the Seahawks.