Kareem Hunt Released by the Chiefs

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by FuzzyLogic, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Hunt backed the team into a corner with the lies. He won’t play this season, but someone will take Hunt off waivers. But he’ll never get the money he once was headed for.

I don’t care who anyone thinks was in the wrong. Hunt is a young millionaire with his whole career in front of him. That should be in the front of his mind 24/7. The guys that f this up are beyond stupid. And don’t belong in the league, as far as I’m concerned.

2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don’t want you to experiment with this. But my experience is that having my head slammed into a wall is worse than a punch to the face. Both can mess you up. But the wall is unforgiving.

FuzzyLogic likes this.
  3. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Can anyone else sign him right now? I'm not sure how this release + investigation works since he was already on the couch before being cut.

Even if they can, I'm pretty sure teams would rather the distraction of simultaneously signing Manziel and Tebow to be their starters in a 2qb lineup than be within a mile of Hunt.

4. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Dumb, idiotic move by Hunt but it definitely shouldn't take away his ability to make a living. And an NFL team doesn't necessarily have to be that employer either. I do agree, however, that somebody will pick him up. This isn't any worse than his Chiefs teammate Tyreek Hill, or Joe Mixon, and others, and they're all employed in the NFL.

This was more, or at least as much, about him lying to the Chiefs. Say what you want about the Texans not signing players with extracurricular off field issues, and them never even making it to an AFC Championship game in 17 years, the Chiefs haven't been to a Super Bowl in 49 years with just 1 AFC title game in that span, and here's probably the best Chiefs team ever to get them to both, and they don't suspend the guy, they release him!! That's a hella bold move.

I wonder if there's more going on that isn't on video.

OptimisticTexan, ung14 and FuzzyLogic like this.
  5. Scooter

Scooter Funky

It doesn't, he can work at the Gap or Discount Tire just fine - maybe. Heck I can get him a construction or landscaping job. Or did you mean making millions as a public figure after assaulting a woman on video?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    JB likes this.
  6. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

If you quoted the very next sentence as well, I said it doesn't have to be NFL. The NFL isn't obligated to employ him. But they likely will seeing how there's others who've done worse (Hill, Mixon) still employed by them. Good for KC taking the stance they've taken, but then again, they still have Hill on the roster and his was a lot worse than what we've seen of Hunt in this video.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Pool table count?

8. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

The "hold me back bro!" hot-headedness of young athletes is becoming more common and turns off a lot of fans. 30+ year old adults who manage real stress and big problems in their day-to-day can't always bring themselves to root for multi-millionaire kids who flip out over trivial stuff.

Drunken rages, hotel parties, entourages, cops, assaulting women... There's a lot going on in that video that the league wants to separate itself from.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

They are still keeping score though.

I root for W's.

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Qouted for truth.

Mr teX likes this.

11. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Remove Hunt's friends that were restraining him as best they could............and in the over the top state Hunt demonstrated, this incident had the potential to be much worse that that of Rice or Mixon.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I don't care for the league to be doing things the way TMZ does.

They can only act on the information they have.

Now, I would think they would have talked to all the parties involved & that should have given them a picture closer to what we saw in the video.

Brisco_County likes this.
  13. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 RickSmithSUX

Yes all true but another team will sign him. That is the sad truth.

steelbtexan likes this.
  14. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Your post kinda reminded me of the movie... Minority Report. I would -never- sentence someone for something that didn’t happen.

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

TMZ acquired the tape from an individual with access. Not the hotel as an organization. That's not something the League would be comfortable doing.

Brisco_County likes this.
  16. CloakNNNdagger

The way the present NFL personal conduct rules are set up...............first incident, 6 month suspension.................second incident, potential banishment. Many are forgetting about a yet unresolved incident which occurred in June.:

*********************************************************************************************

The Kansas City Chiefs expect Kareem Hunt to be suspended for six games
    after a video of him shoving and kicking a 19-year-old woman at a Cleveland hotel in February surfaced Friday, according to The Athletic's Nate Taylor.

However, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported Hunt could face a lengthier suspension. He also noted Hunt was under investigation for a separate incident—"punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June"—and that Hunt was considering admitting wrongdoing and serving his suspensions now rather than sitting on the exempt list while a prolonged investigation took place.

LINK

Mr teX likes this.
  17. CloakNNNdagger

It's also interesting to note that not only did Hunt lie about this most recent incident, but his "posse" also lied.
    LINK

The above TMZ link chronicles the first incident..........that victim
    For whatever reason, be it the victim didn't want to get involved in court or was afraid of potential "retribution" from Hunt and his posse, Hunt for the time being likely avoided a much more serious outcome.

FuzzyLogic likes this.
  18. CloakNNNdagger

Cleveland police say they didn’t watch Kareem Hunt surveillance video
    December 1, 2018, 4:36 PM EST

Although Kareem Hunt was caught on tape attacking a woman in a Cleveland hotel in February, and although the woman called police, told them she wanted to press charges and asked them to view the surveillance video, officers never did so.

The Cleveland Police Department told USA Today that officers knew there were security cameras but never obtained the hotel’s surveillance video because “detectives only follow up on felonies. This is a misdemeanor.”

That answer bolsters what advocates for domestic violence survivors often say: Police simply don’t prioritize these investigations.

Although the woman called police immediately and said Hunt assaulted her, police did not arrest Hunt, and he never faced any criminal charges.
    ***************************************************************************************************

:toropalm::kubepalm::vincepalm::wadepalm::hankpalm:

**The "This is a misdemeanor" link reviews the recent incident in detail.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    FuzzyLogic likes this.
  19. CloakNNNdagger

Albert Breer‏Verified account@AlbertBreer 2h2 hours ago

Albert Breer Retweeted The MMQB

One addition going in to the story now: The NFL never interviewed Hunt on the incident. The Chiefs did and the NFL used their info -- Hunt indicated he had nothing to do with it. The NFL interviewed witnesses, who corroborated Hunt's story, but couldn't get to the women involved.

20. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Mathematically Possible

Thanks for the addition info CND, so seems Hunt is pretty much just an A-hole with a fairly long history of bad decisions. Given the history I'm fine if he doesn't get another chance in the NFL.