Kareem > Dunta

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by record, Aug 29, 2010.

1. record

record Rookie

Our rookie CB is worlds better than Dunta was last season. That in itself is going to greatly improve the Texans D. Yes, he will have some growing pains in his rookie season and will give up a few big plays, but Dunta was just horrendous in 2009. Anyone that believes our young DBs and D in general will be worse off without "Mr. Pay Me Rick" didn't watch the games last year. It couldn't get much worse and it appears to be about to get a whole lot better. I notice Kareem running stride for stride with his man along with good awareness of the ball. He looks to be another rock solid pick by the Texans.

Consistently building through years of good draft picks is the only way to produce long term stability of winning results in the NFL. I realize that the Texans have only been a mediocre NFL franchise, at best, since their inception, but I really feel like this team is close to turning the corner into being an upper echelon NFL team that is consistently in the playoffs and competing for the Super Bowl year in and out. I am very hopeful that this is the season in which all of our growing pains pay off. We are still a relatively young team that is getting close to our prime. It will be greatly due in part to 4 years of good drafts including this most recent one and Kareem Jackson as an example.

Hardcore Texan likes this.
  2. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

give me a pick against peyton and i'll agree

3. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Come on....he doesn't have to have a pic against Peyton to prove himself...all he has to do is not get beat over and over again. This kid has it all...he can be our Revis.

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

To early to say right now, but beating out what Dunta was last season shouldn't be all that hard to do in a year or so. You guys have to remember how good Dunta was in his rookie year when he first got here. Antonio Cromartie had a great year in his first or 2nd season as well only to disappoint pretty bad as well.

I think Jackson's going to be a pretty good CB though. Not to worried about that.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Yeah, it's nice having a corner who can actually get a pick every once in a while.

6. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Cromatie went from picking off passes to picking up chicks....to many baby mama's got him gone from SD. I don't see how we can go wrong with the best DB, on the crimson tide and the best in the SEC , plus the guy is a champion. If Demeco says he is a stud DB I'm inclined to believe him....just sayin

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I remember saying this about Jaques Reeves. I think he is still our only CB to get a pick in the regular season, and we've buried him on the depth chart.

It's too early to be tossing accolades.

8. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Kareem was in the right place at the right time....he can thank Benard Pollard for that gift.

9. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I was wondering about him yesterday...thought I saw him on the sideline.

10. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This isn't just about Kareem Jackson being better than Dunta Robinsion. This is about EVERY HIGH ROUND ROOKIE BEING BETTER THAN DUNTA ROBINSON.

Which is what I was trying to explain to some people when they would always bring up the loss of Dunta (and I also got tired of hearing about it on TV). Dunta Robinson played like a backup last season and he's a shell of his formal self.....a player that is very easy to replace. I still can't believe the Falcons game him that much money

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Yeah, but the fact is he actually caught it unlike Dumbta who let a VY pass hit him right in the hands and couldn't catch it somehow.

sakebomb likes this.
  12. Texecutioner

Oh no question. I "think" that he's most likely going to be a great CB for a long time. Being from the Tide and being well coached by Saban is a very strong plus and all the things we've heard approaching the season has been very good to hear. I'm just not going to proclaim him better than this guy or that guy when he hasn't even played a down yet, that's all. His resume looks great on paper and the reports are all positive. I'm just ready to see him reach his full potential first, that's all.

13. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Dumbta? I have to stick up for Robinson because I remember back when we went 2-14 he was the only player on the team that would come over and apologize and ask us to hang in there with them. We would watch the other Texans player leave the field laughing like they had won and I guess talking about payday but Robinson made a effort to come and give some kid his gloves and still sign and few autographs.

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/08/27/key-matchup-dunta-robinson-vs-brandon-marshall/

15. Rey

Rey Guest

I'm not saying that you're doing this, but don't discredit int's from tipped balls...

A lot of players who consistently get int's get them from tipped passes. Being in the right place at the right time also translates to being in good position. Had Pollard not tipped the ball, KJ was in great position to make a play on the ball and receiver.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
    The Pencil Neck likes this.
  16. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I want to see what they do against manning and company

17. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

True, I thought about that too, had the reciever caught the ball he would have been popped REALLY hard from Jackson.

18. Texecutioner

Yeah, that's a cool story. I do remember Dunta giving his all and playing his heart out when our team was stinking it up. A lot of the fame and money got to his head after while unfortunately though and he started to act like every other spoiled rotten athlete we see in today's NFL and other sports. I didn't like what he became on or off the field and I'm glad he's gone now.

19. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

I think the thing that happened with Dunta was that the losing got to him. He started to be a very negative guy with the "Oh, great, here we go again" with eye roll whenever there was a bad play.

Bad plays happen. Good teams don't let a bad play snowball into a series of bad plays and then into a series of bad games. Dunta had seen it happen so many times that he kinda got programmed to expect it and couldn't keep his positive attitude that he'd had earlier in his career.

At least, that's what I think happened.

20. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

I agree with the positioning thing but I don't think he was in any position to make a play on the ball but he could have made a play on the receiver if the receiver hadn't gone out of bounds.