Kalu likes Smith's style and Carr's biggest pass

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by OzzO, Dec 29, 2006.

1. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

interesting snippets from today's chronic

It also mentions Mario moving to the right side for the Browns game. And as for one of Carr's biggest passes of his career.....

If he could just do that kind of timing / touch all the time... if only....

2. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Good Read A4toZ.....:mag:

3. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

nice pass...but it was a routine pass that all quality NFL QB's make. I wish it wasn't such an abberation that Carr thinks it is one of his all time greatest passes.

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Most high school QB's can make that pass.

7. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

I'd say his best pass would be the long strike to Jermaine Lewis his first game against the Cowboys. It was at the end of the half and it was a BOMB that Lewis dropped. It's a shame to see all of that potential wasted (for whatever reason)

8. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

That's the first thing I thought of when I read that in the paper this morning. Made me chuckle a bit. It was great in terms of clutch - which sadly is so infrequent that I guess it surprised everyone. But throws like that need to be more routine if you're going to have any success running an NFL offense. Manning makes that throw a half dozen times a game.

I heard Andre say earlier in the week that that route was there all day. If I recall the play correctly Andre was the lone WR split wide left and the Colts had only one deep safety. I remember commenting to a guy next to me about the heavy formation before the snap.

I did notice during the game that the Colts played way more one-deep safety than usual (Bethea). They were bringing Jackson up in the box quite a bit because of Dayne. The Texans could have taken many more shots downfield than they did that day, but they stuck with what was working.

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Say it again. Seriously, Peyton does that all the time. Rivers does it in San Diego on the last quarter of the game. Vince Young runs it in instead. A lot of QB's do this.

10. Odogg

Odogg Rookie

LOL! A 5 year veteran in the NFL thinks a 17 yard hitch to the opponents 35 yard line is in the TOP 5 "throws" of his career? I just had visions of Elway dance through my head when I saw that "comeback".

:sarcasm:

11. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Carr throws a perfect pass to AJ who was in double coverage going down the middle of the field to ultimately win the game against the Colts for the Texans.

Only so-called Texans fans wouldnt appreciate that.

You guys make me sick.

12. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

The throw itself wasnt probably in his top 5, he probably meant the situation that it put them in, like to set up the winning FG to beat the colts, Im sure some of his long ones to AJ or Bradford were MUCH better throws

13. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Yea, Carr did have that other throw to AJ earlier in the year against Jacksonville.