Justice:Sage good, Mario better, Texans victorious.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/12/sage_was_good_m.html

2. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The whole defensive line looked the way I had hoped it would have looked the past six or seven weeks. It's a young team with a lot of injuries, yet they pulled this one out of their ass. Great game.

Defensive secondary I expected to get thrown to the wolves and completely run over, yet they had a productive day. Kudos to them.

3. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

facing an inexperienced NFL QB didn't hurt either. I just can't wait for the day when we can beat competent QBs.

I think Richard Smith sees the writing on the wall and knows he has to turn that defense around or he is gone. He blitzed more especially between the tackles. We blitzed more than we ever have since the first year or two of the franchise.

ot - The Patriots totally owned the loudmouth Steelers free safety who guaranteed the win. Brady got in his face immediately upon his 1st of 4 TD throws.

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

These are the words I find most meaningful... I said basically the same thing to several people several times today.

5. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Pretty glowing words coming from a guy like Justice. Somebody got some last night.

Errant Hothy likes this.
  6. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Today was 1/2 & 1/2 on Football Rules of thumb.

"You have to establish the Run to setup the Pass" - B.S. Go back & count how many plays the Texans passed BEFORE their first run of the day.

"Any Secondary looks weak when there's no Pass Rush" - Even our Duct-Tape & Chewing-Gum Secondary looked "OK" today due to a consistently strong pass rush.

I personally wouldn't have bet a nickel on our chances today, but the game is played between the lines & not in Vegas (except for the O/U in the NBA). The Texans took one they shouldn't have today. It may not make up for losing the ones we should win, but it sure felt good.

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

The two are not mutually exclusive. If the defensive line gets pressure on the QB, the secondary shines, and if the defensive line gives the QB all day to throw, the secondary sucks.

You can try to convince me different, but you won't be successful.:)

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I kinda think it is 2 peas in a pod

you have to get pressure from the D-line, however you do need to have some cornerbacks that can hold their own and not give a 10 yard cusion where the QB can take 3 step drops and hit slant routes all day..that hurts our D-line and pass rush.