Justice: Players Need to Save gary

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HoustonFrog, Dec 28, 2010.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

:kubepalm: This is exactly why Justice is such a tool. The guy just wrote that the Texans should fire Gary. He has for 2 weeks. He straight out said they should do it before the last game. Now he is devising plans to try and save a guy who isn't a winner. Spin, spin, spin for ratings. The guy should go with Kubes. I honestly think he used the Landry argument because he knows it will incite hatred on him.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2010/12/memo_to_gary_ku.html

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am digging the propaganda in the last couple of hours. Everyone is spinning because some folks are going down. I like that.

wagonhed likes this.
  3. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I'd let Kubiak watch my house, watch my kids, etc.

...but share a FOXHOLE with him? Nope, he lacks the killer instinct I'd want next to me.

thunderkyss likes this.
  4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

My fear is that something like this works and to me that is bad business. To me a coach shouldn't be a player's friend and if players are going to the owner it means they are too comfortable with the coach and the status quo. I hope you are right and the thing blows up though.

5. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I dunno..... he can't defend anything. :bender:

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

You'd lose and arm and a leg but you'd finish strong and almost defeat them with some last second grenade launches. The enemy would tell you how impressed they were with you while you sit in prison eating bread.

7. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Justice and LZ just did a show with Joel Dreessen on 1560 this morning. It was a little tense.

Dreessen took him to task for his "Fire Kubiak" article yesterday.

He asked Dreessen something to the extent of "if you guys want to keep Kubiak so bad, how come you aren't fighting your tails off to keep him here?" I'm pretty sure this article was born out of the conversation they had on the show.

I highly recommend listening to the podcast of the show. It isn't too often you hear a player speak this candidly when his team is in turmoil.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am reading between the lines that a Smith front and a Kubiak front are beginning to take form. Mouthpieces are digging in trying to find their angle for next year's regime, IMO.

9. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I personally like Kubiak. He really is a good coach. And before anyone argues look at the offense. Look at the way he handles the players and handles himself with the media. Sure he is bland and dull but at least he doesnt embarrass us and carries himself and this city with a certain amount of dignity and honor.

His down fall is he is not a defensive guy. He has hired people to take care of that, people that he trusts, and they have failed him.

And sometimes it's luck. Last night Brees shovle pass goes for a pick 6 but the Saints win on the backs of their defense.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  10. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

I agree with this. But if he is to stay, he HAS to find a defensive guru and NOT one of his "buddies". Worked out well for Sean Payton, don't you think?

Yankee_In_TX likes this.
  11. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Singletary anyone?

12. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Apparently you didn't hear the interview with Joel D this morning. Dickie is writing this in such a way to describe their interaction on the radio. I'm sure in Dickie's heart of hearts he still feels the way he did before.

Dickie is a tool, but not for this.

And for the record, Landry and Kubiak are both Texans. Now, I've made the second comparison. :D

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I respect all opinions here but I really will never understand the simplicity of the above bolded.

In order to lose games and to be down by 14-21 in a majority of games you have to have 2 things happen. The defense fails and the offense fails with them and starts slow. Add bad special teams to this too. Just because the offense can then put up point against prevents late in games doesn't mean a guy is an offensive genius. It also doesn't answer the questions 1) why wasn't the team prepared to play 60 minutes 2) why wasn't the philosophy adjusted to take advantage of their strengths(running Arian late instead of 5 carries or running the hurry up to start games and put teams on their heals) 3) why has he mismanaged games for 3 years now...timeouts, challenges, halfback passes, personnel packages, etc. and 4) why would things be different since he has handled personnel and hiring coordinators, etc for 5 years now

Saying. "the offense is good" doesn't make a good coach. Wade Phillips has a great defensive mind but he got confused as a head coach. He mismanged late leads. He didn't have them prepared in big games late. And he ACTUALLY won games. They had a great D for a few years though. Who cares when you lose.

Special Teams is another story too. I just hate throwing out the generality while glossing the fact that the offense hasn't won anything.

14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

My bad!I stopped listening to alot of radio too.:) Thanks for the info TB. I'll go listen to it./

15. Dishman

Dishman Miss Ya Blue

He's not a defensive guy, you are correct.

He's also not a great evaluator talent whether it be players or coaches.
    He's terrible at clock management.
    He regularly pulls idiocy out of a hat by proclaiming he didn't know down and distance and other such things.
    He's mediocre as a head coach.

He's failed himself by surrounding himself with the people he has. But lets go ahead and give him a 3rd chance to hang himself even more. After all, it's not his fault his coaching picks flat out have sucked.

16. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

I'd share a foxhole with him because foxholes are for hiding. I wouldn't share a fighting hole with him though :)

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

[​IMG]
    I read that to the tune of that dumb ass song :kubepalm:

18. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Dressen was almost in tears

Man like i said has the time Gets nearer I think i wanna stick with KUBES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BetaV1 likes this.
  19. machineo

machineo Rookie

-Look at the offense, where they don't give Arian enough carries half the time.
    -Look at the way he rarely talks to players on the field and reads the same script to the media every week. You're not embarrassed by last week's repeated use of the answer "I don't know"? It's pretty embarrassing to go 1-8.
    -After 5 years he can't spout a philosophy of increased accountability while supporting Bush/Gibbs when we were on pace for the leagues worst pass D of all time

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Interesting to note that Landry was notorious for being aloof with players as it pertains to "being friends" or getting close to them. Most players thought Landry was cold and didn't care about their personal lives. The reality is that he did not feel that a head coach could do his job if they did not respect (and even fear) him, so he never wanted to be equal with them as friends.

Gary is the exact opposite, even to the point of referring to players as kids instead of men.

There is no comparison between Tom Landry's HoF career as both a player and a coach to Gary Kubiak who has John Elway to thank for just about everything on his resume (thank Steve Young for the other thing on his resume).