Justice: "McNair Angering Fanbase"

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mr. White, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Mods, please merge if necessary.

I'm sure this will be another "bash Justice" thread anyway. Even if he is onto something.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7346104.html

2. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Probably Justice's best in a long, long time...simply to the fact that he has a better chance at reading this then one of our many complaints or letters to him.

3. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

No, he's right. Justice is right.

4. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

It's not hard to see. A blind man could right this article. That's what's so frustrating about what McNair has been saying.

5. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

In my opinion a blind man could look at this team and see it is not on the right track, that it is stuck in neutral; but when I think it is so obvious all I have to do is come on this board and the sunshine club seems to think all is well and I know we are in for several more long hard seasons. McNair thinks just like these people and if you want to know what he thinks or how he thinks, just listen to a member of the Sunshiners. Things will change when the last Sunshiner sees it needs to change and not until then. I think I just threw-up a little...Bleh...

6. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I'm very sorry, but regardless of whether or not Justice is right, I absolutely HATE his way of communicating. I don't care who you are, you do not talk to other adults that way.

I'm also very tierd of listening to the entire 'sunshine - hater'-discussion, and I wonder why it is neccesary to berate and generalize about people with different views. I'm guessing that ones own arguments does not hold water.

Sad really, this forum used to be full of intelligent and knowlegable fans discussing anything football, but with a large amount of respect for other fans and their views. I feel that is slipping, I hope I am wrong though.

kiwitexansfan, Lucky and Old School like this.
  7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

There is a well-known theorem of Psychology that explains aggressive behavior in the "normal" human being..........it's called The Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis.

This hypothesis extends the view that frustration, or failure to reach a certain desired goal due to circumstance, often leads to aggression, or behavior which intends harm.

For example, as applied to football, after a game fans of the losing team are much more likely to feel aggressive and/or carry out aggressive actions than fans of the winning team.

Accordingly, the phenomenon we are now seeing in the Texans fan base and specifically in our own MB members cannot be considered "pathological or unexpected............but entirely predictable. To their credit, it is important to note that this development seldom exists in the absence of great passion.:texflag:

Lucky and Double Barrel like this.
  8. Old School

Old School Site Contributor

Unless you are in LA or Detroit, then it is more like Reverse Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis!!

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I'm guessing a blind man could write a better article.

10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

:lol:

11. BullsOnParade

BullsOnParade Go Texans!

Lighten up dude, it's a column.

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

1. This is America, or atleast it used to be. Freedom of speech baby.

2. If your tired you dont have to visit this MB. There are several other MB's out there. Unfortunately you're going to have a hard time not finding one where people dont share Justice views on this subject. It's part and parcell to being a fan of a losing franchise with a clueless or worse doesn't care owner.

3. I'm happy to see that you and only you can judge the baseline for the intelligence of this MB. I'm glad to have somone like you around that's obviously trained in the field of studying human intelligence. Man how lucky we are to have someone of your intelligence on this MB.

4. You say you want to talk more about football. But nowhere in your post did you mention one thing about football. (Good job) If you want to talk football and the failings of McNair/Smithiak regime we can. Starting with why McNair would let an inexperienced HC/defacto GM run his team into a state of constant mediocrity. What bothers me most is Kubiak is the figurehead of this organization and he picked the week of the scouting combine to have his sleep apnea surgery. That's the most important week of the yr for a team that's supposedly building through the draft and supposedly was just a couple of pieces away from making the playoffs. But I guess that was the only time the surgeon had open.

5.Anytime you want to talk football X's/O's I will be more than willing to do that too. Such as why is it the Texans seem to only play well for 2 qtrs every game for the last 3 yrs? I would love to hear from somone of your obovius greater intellect than most of us on this MB. As to what are the shortcomings of the Texans in this area of the game and then maybe we can have a little discussion on how a team with the best WR,the RB that's leading the league in rushing and a solid QB will be missing the playoffs for the 9th straight yr. Or anything else Texans football related you would like to discuss.

Oh well carry on, BTW Justice should know when somebody is average at his job. He goes to work each day with the same predicament that Smithiak suffers from.

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Sounds like Justice read GP's thread and rolled with it

14. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I actually liked it. It is one of the few articles by Justice I can say that about. It sums up the way the majority of Texan fans are feeling after Bob's comments. And the chances of Bob hearing about it and reading it are pretty good as opposed to him ever reading a letter from one of us or some threads on one of the boards. Thank you Richard Justice.

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I think CND is right, this anger is to be expected. But, Malloy is also correct. These attacks on each other should stop. I now have a better understanding of why the pro-Kubiak side wants him retained.

Just like Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, and Brian Cushing have fans. Just like David Carr had fans. Gary Kubiak has fans. These fans want Gary Kubiak to succeed. These fans aren't necessarily putting Kubiak above the team, because in their mind Kubiak and the team are intertwined.

I very well may have been the one who introduced the label "Sunshine Club" into the forum. If not, I surely was a major propagator of the term. I shoulder as much of the blame as anyone for the cattiness that has ensued. Obviously, one side of the Kubiak debate will not get what they want. It's time that we stop taking our disappointment out on each other. We need to remember that we are united together as fans and ultimately desire the same thing. To support a winning team.

JB, FirstTexansFan and Porky like this.
  16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Well said!

17. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I don't think you drew the right inference from what I wrote.

18. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Mr White you've left me totally confused ? Awhile back you accused me of being some kind of imposter for thinking enough of a Justice story in the Chronicle to post the story on this website, and now here I login this morning and you've gone and posted another Justice story yourself ?
    Well no matter, I'm glad you did post this Justice acticle because it's good reading and he seems to really have hit a nerve among Texan fans. My real question is will Bob McNair see the article and will Justices comments draw a response from the Texans' owner ?

19. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Agreed Lucky, if we'll just write our opinions, and not see the need to denigrate the opposing view in that same sentence, we'll squelch much of this anger. I've learned as I've went along to control my fingers, it's called maturing as a poster. Of course, I'm older than Methuselah, so that wasn't a difficult hurdle to jump :)

20. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

:foottap: [​IMG]